E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I am buying modded 328i, please advice

02-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #45
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDeJ View Post
hey shithead the 328 has the same motor as an e90 325 which came before the 335 existed. How can something be a wannabe if it came first. Also if you new anything you would know that a "proper 3 series" always had a NA I6 or I4. The 335 was the first 3 series to introduce forced induction. That was in 2007 so there has been 37 years of 3 series just like the 325/328/330. These were the cars that built the amazing 3 series reputation.
Don't bother arguing. Most of the N54/N55 fanboys around here wouldn't have any idea what you are talking about. None of them seem to understand what the 3er was before OMGTURBOZ.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #46
The Stig's U.S. Cousin
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator328i View Post
I know the truth hurts, but the 328i is an inferior, poor-performing, wannabe 335i. The first step is accepting this and taking the steps necessary to get a proper 3-series. Or, you can just continue to fool yourself into thinking that your slow 328i is a cool car.
When you are 17, and in high-school. The 328i is a damn nice car due to gas, INSURANCE, and looks for sure. I offered to get a limo for prom, but my girlfriend said "i'd rather go in the BMW"
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #47
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

the 335 is a great car but people dont seem to get that the 3 series never was designed to be an insanely fast car. the reputation was for the handling which is why they almost always won on the track. if you look at a stock non-M e30/e36/e46 they are not very fast cars. The e9x 328 was actually the fastest out of all of them until the 335 came out. But most guys still argue that the n52 cars just suck which is not true.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #48
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

run away as quickly as you can. based on #4 below, it seems the dealer just wanted to get rid of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarosus View Post
Hi guys I need little help.
I am buying 328i with custom paint job and car has sport rear bumper and double exhaust.

Carfax is clean, but history began from 6,331 miles :
Listed as a manufacturer vehicle
Sold at auction
Carfax said the car still has almost 2 years/20k miles warranty.

My questions are:
1. Will warranty still apply if car has custom paint job and different bumper + exhaust???
2. Car located in different state, can i verify if BMW will CPO this car???
3. Why car history began from 6k miles?? Car was used as demo car on dealership???
4. Car has check engine light "on". Dealer told that he will take care of it when i will buy a car. wtf??? They should did it before they put car on sale!
      02-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #49
yarosus
Yaro
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
run away as quickly as you can. based on #4 below, it seems the dealer just wanted to get rid of the car.
I think the same, i see they lowered list price for another $500.
I love the color...but need to pass.. And i don't think aftermarket paint job can be better than factory paint.

Last edited by yarosus; 02-16-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #50
sonitm
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i 6MT white

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarosus View Post
Hi guys I need little help.
I am buying 328i with custom paint job and car has sport rear bumper and double exhaust.

Carfax is clean, but history began from 6,331 miles :
Listed as a manufacturer vehicle
Sold at auction
Carfax said the car still has almost 2 years/20k miles warranty.

My questions are:
1. Will warranty still apply if car has custom paint job and different bumper + exhaust???
2. Car located in different state, can i verify if BMW will CPO this car???
3. Why car history began from 6k miles?? Car was used as demo car on dealership???
4. Car has check engine light "on". Dealer told that he will take care of it when i will buy a car. wtf??? They should did it before they put car on sale!
Usually dealerships will have demos that they use to run errands or they give it to the accountant or the owner's kid or whatever. After that, they clean it up and prep it for sale. The fact that it was given to auction can only mean that the car was not at the dealer's standard, which is generally pretty high. So there is a chance that this could be a good car. It couls also be that it was raced on the track all this time.
The check engine light could mean anything from the gas cap not being tight to anything else.
Given all the info, I would stay away from it.
Appreciate 0