E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Cant get Thicker than a Kwik-Fit Fitter

03-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #23
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Problem is, the tyre they've fitted probably is suitable, insofar as it's the same size, load/speed ratings etc. It's just not right.

Really hope you manage to get it sorted out though.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #24
chimpusmaximus
Rep
Drives: BMW 320ED

I feel for you, my last car was with Lex when they moved to kf and it was hell. More so as Lex would not fit like for like and at one point had 3 brands on the car. This was on a Ford and to be honest it was only noticeable when pulling away as different level of grips meant traction was always on.

I did find Lex to be pretty good once you could get to speak to the right person.

Last edited by chimpusmaximus; 03-08-2011 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 02:47 AM   #25
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Thats all a bit pants isnt it.

Who could possibly think two different makes of tyre on the same axle is a good idea???

Interestingly I had an issue with Kwick Fit who leasplan use. I needed 2 fronts on the 320d (dont ask I wore them out first somehow!), and one rear had a nail. Having got over 25k out of the tyres (versus a mate who did 6 on the same sort of car), I asked for them to do 4, not 3 - mainly as I didnt want a new one an a 3mm on the same axle.

The bloke at kwik fit was a right sarcy c*nt. "are you a tyre expert?" - er, I predict I know more than you chum!

Anyhow, luckily my local tyre place in haslemere is somehow approved kwick-fit, and after a got leaseplan involved they approved doing all 4...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #26
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep
Drives: E91 330d SE & Mini Coupe JCW

Sound like you need to contact BMW and get them to confirm that the tyre fitted is unsiutable to mix with the 'special' tyres fitted to the 320 ED - possibly through a visit and telling them the tyre warning keeps coming on, but you haven't go a puncture.

Then hit the Kwik Fit complaints system - if only to get 'satisfaction' from the way you have been dealt with by them.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #27
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

I know the OP doesn't really have a choice but this is one of the reasons why I dropped maintenance contracts on our commercial fleet. You're just at the mercy of too many fucktards. I'd rather take the hit but have a choice of where to go. For instance we ran some Peugeot vans and for tyres had to use National which was bad enough but then it came from on high that the dealers could now carry out tyre work themselves. This involved a van being off the road for virtually a day while they looked at it and then rebooking and losing another day while they fitted it.

Another thing that really got on my tits was when the tyres were virtually illegal the stock response was 'We'll see if Peugeot/whoever will pay for it'. No mate, I'm paying for it every month with the maintenance contract. Change the fucking tyre!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #28
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
I know the OP doesn't really have a choice but this is one of the reasons why I dropped maintenance contracts on our commercial fleet. You're just at the mercy of too many fucktards. I'd rather take the hit but have a choice of where to go. For instance we ran some Peugeot vans and for tyres had to use National which was bad enough but then it came from on high that the dealers could now carry out tyre work themselves. This involved a van being off the road for virtually a day while they looked at it and then rebooking and losing another day while they fitted it.

Another thing that really got on my tits was when the tyres were virtually illegal the stock response was 'We'll see if Peugeot/whoever will pay for it'. No mate, I'm paying for it every month with the maintenance contract. Change the fucking tyre!!
God yeah, IKWYM.

The Operations Manager called me today but I havent been able to carry a phone.
At least thats progress and perhaps I can chat with them at some point tomorrow.

I suspect I have provided the perfect opportunity for denial by losing it with the fucktard at the depot.
That was a mistake, but ATEOTD there are hundreds of other branches I can use.
Ultimately it might get another puncture at some point anyhow...

Steve
      03-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #29
m1bjr
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falmouthboy View Post
Sound like you need to contact BMW and get them to confirm that the tyre fitted is unsiutable to mix with the 'special' tyres fitted to the 320 ED - possibly through a visit and telling them the tyre warning keeps coming on, but you haven't go a puncture.

Then hit the Kwik Fit complaints system - if only to get 'satisfaction' from the way you have been dealt with by them.
Yes, that was my thoughts - call Lex and book it to my local BMW dealer with an error light problem and let the fun begin
      03-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #30
MarvinMarvin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiller View Post
My local kwik fit guys are awesome. Top lads, love their cars and banta, salt of the earth types. Wheels, tyres , balancing, extemely thorough mot, all brilliant. Swansea marina
Its the same as any dealership, some are good, some bad. Sounds like you have been unlucky, but should always check any work before you drive off, wherever you get it done.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #31
m1bjr
United Kingdom
Rep

Having been to MANY centres as have all of my team, the concensus is the majority are indeed shit.

BMW is in for a service tomorrow, so I'll see what they make of it all.

SW Area manager called for a chat and was a very nice straight talking bloke.
The clowns involved have all been 'educated' so thats good enough for me.

Steve