E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

08-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #969
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
So your car is faultless apart from (according to you)

Warped discs
"shot brakes"
Low oil pressure warning
Rattle on cold start
Two shot tyres

Glad your enjoying it.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #970
Shangrila
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
So your car is faultless apart from (according to you)

Warped discs
"shot brakes"
Low oil pressure warning
Rattle on cold start
Two shot tyres
You forgot to mention its also overheating. But I fixed that with ice cubes in the expansion tank.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #971
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangrila View Post
You forgot to mention its also overheating. But I fixed that with ice cubes in the expansion tank.
Did Big Motoring World not top it up with ice cubes when they sold it you?

This gets even worse!
      08-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #972
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Did you use distilled water ice cubes otherwise you are heading for trouble.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 05:42 AM   #973
Team Green2
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I M Sport

Garage List
2008 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Did you use distilled water ice cubes otherwise you are heading for trouble.
+1
      08-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #974
Daeths
Rep
Drives: x3

If it still overheating, and to avoid carry loads of bottles of fuids to top up, can I recommend the dehydrated water packs. Must be good cos the Paris/Dakar boys also keep a few sachets in their kit.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #975
Simert
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520d

Hi everyone! Newbie here, first post.

I've just bought (well left a deposit) on a BMW E93 335i with Big motoring world. Before reading all the posts here and on other sites.

Just thought I'd say "Hi" and make it noted that I will/can post on this forum if I have a good or bad experience. So that "if" there just happends to be something wrong with my car, it'll be rectified before I pick it up next week
Of course, if in a few weeks all is good, I'll let you know too.

I looked over the car earlier on this week and it seemed ok. Only concern were the brake discs looked corroded. I'm no expert, but sometimes this happens when a vehicle is left standing for a time. Hopefully this will just rub off with use, but also I hope that should it not, then Peter will rectify.

The alloys all looked perfect, which is great! But is there a simple way to check if these are real OEM? They are 5 spoke 19".
Also, I have read up about these alloys cracking, I specificallly asked for this to be checked before I collect the vehicle. Are the 5-spoke prone to cracking or is it just the 225M (I think double spoke M-sport ones). Any help advice on things to look for would be good.

I look forward to reading up more about my car and mods I can make to it. It's not my first BMW, but is my first E9x.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Bye for now.
Simert

Last edited by Simert; 09-23-2011 at 02:51 AM.. Reason: Typo of "collect"
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #976
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

If you call BMW they can give you the original spec so you can check which wheels it came from the factory with.

You need to take the wheels off to look for a BMW part number to check that they are genuine.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #977
Simert
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Well I've had the car 2 days now.

Some feedback on my experience with Big Motoring world, to help them improve their service:

1) Glovebox door catch is faulty - Haven't contacted Big to fix this, as I'm sure I can do this myself without a trip to their site. IMO should have been fixed prior to my purchase.

2) MY biggest upset was no service book. The car wasn't advertised with service history but when I went to view it, the sales guy told me it was "in the safe"
When I went to collect the car the hand over team said it didn't exist.
To be fair (for now) to Big, when I told them I wasn't interested in the car without a service history book, they arranged for a new book to be posted to them and then they'll send it on to the BMW dealer to stamp up. I'm still not 100% convinced it'll arrive, after previous poster's experience, but I'll wait the 3 weeks and chase up. Then I'll be contacting Peter. To be continued...

3) I was told by the sales guy the car would come with a 12month MOT. This wasn't done. Although this isn't a big issue to me, so again didn't mention it. It does have 9months which is fine.

4) Warning light came on to say one of the tyres was deflated. Pumped it up and took it back to Big. A helpful chap checked it and couldn't find anything in the tyre. Will keep an eye on it. Could be seen as a negative, as Big should check tyre pressures before vehicle leaves their site.

All in all the experience was "ok".

Simert
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 03:10 AM   #978
Simert
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
If you call BMW they can give you the original spec so you can check which wheels it came from the factory with.

You need to take the wheels off to look for a BMW part number to check that they are genuine.
Thanks for the advice.

I wasn't able to get the wheel off before purchasing the car. But will as soon as I get chance.

Thanks again.

Simert
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 04:11 AM   #979
buckethead
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 320d msport

biggy fav the flat tyre walked away from there after 10 mins, see about 10 bmw's with flat runflat tyre's on them, that and detailing the cars with sand paper then del boy came out of the office in a cashmere coat, i had to go
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #980
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simert View Post
Well I've had the car 2 days now.

Some feedback on my experience with Big Motoring world, to help them improve their service:

1) Glovebox door catch is faulty - Haven't contacted Big to fix this, as I'm sure I can do this myself without a trip to their site. IMO should have been fixed prior to my purchase.

2) MY biggest upset was no service book. The car wasn't advertised with service history but when I went to view it, the sales guy told me it was "in the safe"
When I went to collect the car the hand over team said it didn't exist.
To be fair (for now) to Big, when I told them I wasn't interested in the car without a service history book, they arranged for a new book to be posted to them and then they'll send it on to the BMW dealer to stamp up. I'm still not 100% convinced it'll arrive, after previous poster's experience, but I'll wait the 3 weeks and chase up. Then I'll be contacting Peter. To be continued...

3) I was told by the sales guy the car would come with a 12month MOT. This wasn't done. Although this isn't a big issue to me, so again didn't mention it. It does have 9months which is fine.

4) Warning light came on to say one of the tyres was deflated. Pumped it up and took it back to Big. A helpful chap checked it and couldn't find anything in the tyre. Will keep an eye on it. Could be seen as a negative, as Big should check tyre pressures before vehicle leaves their site.

All in all the experience was "ok".

Simert
So they sold you a car with no service history, a low tyre, a faulty glovebox and less MOT than promised?

You have to chase every day for a year for them to sort the service book.

Sounds like a shit service to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #981
moar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Called them about a 630i they had...

Nothing seemed weird at the time or off putting but I just got a poor gut feeling about them.

Then researched the company and found this !

And then ended up in a 330i !
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #982
Simert
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar View Post
Called them about a 630i they had...

Nothing seemed weird at the time or off putting but I just got a poor gut feeling about them.

Then researched the company and found this !

And then ended up in a 330i !

You probably did the right thing. Being told lies to get a sale (my experience), isn't the best customer service.

Enjoy the new motor!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #983
moar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

TBH that sort of dealings always catches up on a business, as it has clearly done here in quite a big fashion !

Too many morons who think they can run a business when they so obviously can't.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:24 AM   #984
mrash
Registered
Rep
Drives: audi a3

This thread is hilarious, firstly, to the person who bought a dangerous car, that obviously needs thousands spending on it to make it safe, surely, you should have just spent more initially, on a sorted car rather than a death trap? How can you accept "ill post you the service log once we get a new one stamped up"... seriously??? lol
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 04:35 AM   #985
mrash
Registered
Rep
Drives: audi a3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeths View Post
You are welcome to my time buddy ! There are several flaws in your response which I will address on a point by point basis for you.

1. The car was advertised with a full service history, which was confirmed by you when I agreed to buy the car (yeah....I know now ). When the car was to be picked up, I was told you had not received the service book but it would be forwarded shortly. All this is fair and reasonable and I assume working on the knowledge provided by the auction house/lease company. I have no issue with this.

Where the issue arises is when I chased weekly for 3 months (repeat three months) for the book, to be continually fobbed off by the big guy (since demoted reading your response above) that hands over the cars who eventually said if it can't be found you would get a new blank book and you would contact BMW and send it to them to stamp up...so problem 1 is the very poor after care sales and zero diary management. Not once was I contacted or updated in three months, it was me doing all the chasing.

It almost felt as if once you had taken my money, you did not care anymore ?

2. When I did receive the service book I rang the garages that stamped the book, all of whom confirmed they had never serviced the car and on checking the BMW central computer system that this vehicle had never been serviced by a main delaer.

When I raised this with you, I was informed that a simple error had occured and you had given me the service book for an identical black X3 to the one I purchased with one digit different on the reg number...now what are the chances of that ?

I know you are the biggest in the UK but you having two identical black X3's with one digit difference in the reg no. Must be 1 in a 1,000,000. I must be the unluckiest guy on earth

3. Having again been promised by your company delivery the service book showing all the service stamps for the car that I acutally bought and having chased you for another 4 weeks, your company EVENTUALLY admitted that the vehicle never had a full service history and you could not provide a service book...honesty, trust and integrity are all phrases that spring to mind

4. The car was promised with a full years MOT from date of purchase. This was not done...can you share with the broader audience the reason behind this (aside from you are busy because you sell so many cars)

5. The salesmans ignorance as to where the Nav CD is inserted. Your response was that he was a new salesman. From this, I can only assume he received little or no training regarding the vehicles he is selling. I didnt even own an X3 before this, but I knew where it was...it's not rocket science buddy.

Appreciating that some BMWs may have the Nav disc loaded in the dash, however can you tell me how many X3's have a dash loaded Nav disc (I genuinely don't know and wish to learn).

6. The failed rear washwipe jet from when I picked the vehicle up. Clearly the vehicle was not checked pre-sale. When you had it in to rectify I sat watching your guy fiddle with the tailgate hoses and jets for 90 minutes, he gave up saying he did not know what was wrong with it.

I post my question on a BMW forum (not this one, sorry guys) to be told it's a common and recognised fault for the washer pipe to split on the rear transmission hump. Have a guess where the fault was ??

So it is now established that your BMW trained engineer is not aware of known and recorded faults...how comforting

I do look forward to receiving your factual, non threatening and constructive response(s) to these question and thanks for helping keep Big Motoring World, Wrotham, Kent (and of course this thread) high on the Google search engine.

To ensure you do address each and every complaint, can you please respond on a clear Q and A basis in the above chronology. This will avoid you being accused of not answering all of the questions (I am trying to help you...)

Also in the spirit of helping you, you may wish to amend your website promoting the fact you have an experienced Graham Hutchinson heading your handover team, as this (hopefully) positive step doesn't seem to be noted on the worldwide web.

I only log on occassionally and then it is only to read this thread (it is compulsive as you and your fellow posters/work colleagues have clearly experienced), so don't get upset or assumptive if I do not reply to your response immediately. You'll just have to trust me when I say that I will reply.

With kind regards
Most of what they are doing is actually illegal, and as for the service log having 1 digit out, well, I bet the reg on the service history you got was right, right? They are breaking the law, fraud is something this guy could quite easily get convicted of from this thread and customers alone. Big Motoring World, you are clearly more stupid than I can even comprehend.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #986
BMWtronics
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Went to Big motoring world, and found it very easy to get pushed in to buying a car from them (luckily I didn't buy one).

Things to be aware of during negotiating:

- They give you the spiel that all their prices are "non-negotiable" (don't beleive it).

- During working out the price you need to pay, they will add on £400 optional extended warranty and mandatory £150 admin fee.

- They will only offer you half the trade book price for the car you are trading in.

- When trying to negotiate the price down (already been marked up £550 by now), they will eventually walk out to "speak to their boss" and then come back and agree to remove the £400 cost for the warranty. Don't get caught out with them removing the £400 but ALSO the actual extended warranty (i.e. not actually giving a discount and instead just removing an optional extra, which is what they tried on with me).... why do they need to speak to their boss for that??!!

- They are all too keen to get you in to their offices rather than looking at or test driving the car you like.

The whole process put me off ever buying from them, and now reading this thread has nailed the coffin shut.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #987
B33M3R
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d XD M Sport

Going away to talk to the boss is a basic cheesy sales tactic, makes you think firstly the person you are dealing with isn't the one you can talk hard ball with as they are not the one with the ultimate say on price. Secondly that they are on your side, trying to do you a favour and 'see if they can get the deal past the big boss man'

"He's not happy but seeing as its you" blah, blah, blah
      10-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #988
BeemerFanatic
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 4.6is, Z4 M sport, 750i

Angry Stay away from Big Motoring World!

Hey all, new here..
Reading through the previous posts, i'm unfortunately one of the unlucky ones to buy from Big Motoring World..
Bought an X5 in September.. took it back a week later with a list of problems (not small items, im talking gearbox, shuddering, suspension, etc etc) - the technician there says "this is normal for an X5" - hmmm..
Spoke to the owner who has been probably the rudest person ever - got mails to prove this, despite having a 3 month warranty.. nothing is being done!!
Long story short.. car has been there for 3 weeks while I try dispute this, finance company involved and so is Consumer Direct...

Stay away!! Let me be the last victim of their scams!!

On a happy note, glad to join the community
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #989
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Oh dear, those high, high standards seem to be slipping again.
      10-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #990
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerFanatic View Post
Hey all, new here..
Reading through the previous posts, i'm unfortunately one of the unlucky ones to buy from Big Motoring World..
Bought an X5 in September.. took it back a week later with a list of problems (not small items, im talking gearbox, shuddering, suspension, etc etc) - the technician there says "this is normal for an X5" - hmmm..
Spoke to the owner who has been probably the rudest person ever - got mails to prove this, despite having a 3 month warranty.. nothing is being done!!
Long story short.. car has been there for 3 weeks while I try dispute this, finance company involved and so is Consumer Direct...

Stay away!! Let me be the last victim of their scams!!

On a happy note, glad to join the community
Once you kick their butt in small claims court - be sure to share the gory details of their offending emails here.

Good Luck.