E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > 335fourdoor - Unprofessional and Rude

02-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
cookie.MONSTER
Major
Rep
Drives: VW CC

335fourdoor - Unprofessional and Rude

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806018

Normally im not the type to say anything adverse about anyone on a forum based on a negative experience, but from seeing others have a simliar issue with the gentleman I am now inclined to "call him out". Now before we get further into the details, bear in mind its not the money or the funds, but more over the principle and unprofessinal responses he gave me.

Our transaction started on the 20th Feb in which I told him that if it were complete and fully PnP I would purchase and send the funds. He provided his paypal, but failed to answer the latter part of my inquiry.

So we then moved to the 21st, where finally my questions were answered. Bear in mind he was COMPLETELY TIMELY AND RESPONSIVE, at this time. I advised him i would take it and that I would send the funds to him after I got off of work, which unfortunately was the next day the 22nd. Knowing this he agreed and did me a favor by allowing me to send funds the next day. So just as I advised I did such send funds, and notified this gentleman. At this time he stopped responding. Being patient and understanding I gave it a few more days. IE the 24th, I then PMd him asking for an update. When he did not respond to the PM i then emailed his personal email on the 25th. Still no response. Doing my daily banking activities i noticed that there was a refund. I then checked paypal to see for what reason. When i checked the full details it was from the orginal seller. I then PMd him somewhat of a nasty pm stating - that i appreciated the refunded funds, but I did not appreciate the lack of communication.

Finally my nasty PM promted him to respond,

Below you can see our conversation -

ME - Sir i noticed that you had refunded my money for the JB system which i appreciate. What i do not appreciate is the lack of communication and the sudden refund. I sent funds, the least you could do is notify me.

SELLER - the problem was lack of communication from you. if you look at the dates,you'll see right after i told you what the price is going to be,you replied same day that you'll send the money when you get home.to me that meant same day,and when i didn't hear from you for a couple of days,that meant to me lack of interest on your part. i had probably 6-7 people wanting to send money immediately after talking to me.so whoever was sending the money first gets the part.i'm sure there are plenty jb4's for sale out there.

ME - Your right If you look at the dates the last transmission was on the 21st. The money was sent on the 22nd. In addition I even notified you that the money was sent. So how would it be a lack of communication. If i didnt get home until the following day due to my line of work. The money wasnt refunded until today after i sent you an email.

SELLER - you got your money back , right? get on with your life.

Moral of the story is not that he is a scammer, but an unprofessional and incompetent seller, and with out a doubt if this were to happen to him he would be un easy. The point is you commited to a buyer as a buyer commited to you, you should have been courteous enough to keep in contact and ensure that the buyer would still be sending funds as i DID. And yes i get it funds are funds. But do not commit to an agreement if you can not keep your end up. And I didnt know less than 18 hours meant a couple of days, thanks for the exaggeration.

SO to you sir MR. I am getting on with my life, as you so eloquently stated.

PS i am pobviously not the only one waiting for communcation for you, so there is no lack on my end sir. Good day

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie.MONSTER View Post

Normally im not the type to say anything adverse about anyone on a forum based on a negative experience, but from seeing others have a simliar issue with the gentleman I am now inclined to "call him out". Now before we get further into the details, bear in mind its not the money or the funds, but more over the principle and unprofessinal responses he gave me.

Our transaction started on the 20th Feb in which I told him that if it were complete and fully PnP I would purchase and send the funds. He provided his paypal, but failed to answer the latter part of my inquiry.

So we then moved to the 21st, where finally my questions were answered. Bear in mind he was COMPLETELY TIMELY AND RESPONSIVE, at this time. I advised him i would take it and that I would send the funds to him after I got off of work, which unfortunately was the next day the 22nd. Knowing this he agreed and did me a favor by allowing me to send funds the next day. So just as I advised I did such send funds, and notified this gentleman. At this time he stopped responding. Being patient and understanding I gave it a few more days. IE the 24th, I then PMd him asking for an update. When he did not respond to the PM i then emailed his personal email on the 25th. Still no response. Doing my daily banking activities i noticed that there was a refund. I then checked paypal to see for what reason. When i checked the full details it was from the orginal seller. I then PMd him somewhat of a nasty pm stating - that i appreciated the refunded funds, but I did not appreciate the lack of communication.

Finally my nasty PM promted him to respond,

Below you can see our conversation -

ME - Sir i noticed that you had refunded my money for the JB system which i appreciate. What i do not appreciate is the lack of communication and the sudden refund. I sent funds, the least you could do is notify me.

SELLER - the problem was lack of communication from you. if you look at the dates,you'll see right after i told you what the price is going to be,you replied same day that you'll send the money when you get home.to me that meant same day,and when i didn't hear from you for a couple of days,that meant to me lack of interest on your part. i had probably 6-7 people wanting to send money immediately after talking to me.so whoever was sending the money first gets the part.i'm sure there are plenty jb4's for sale out there.

ME - Your right If you look at the dates the last transmission was on the 21st. The money was sent on the 22nd. In addition I even notified you that the money was sent. So how would it be a lack of communication. If i didnt get home until the following day due to my line of work. The money wasnt refunded until today after i sent you an email.

SELLER - you got your money back , right? get on with your life.

Moral of the story is not that he is a scammer, but an unprofessional and incompetent seller, and with out a doubt if this were to happen to him he would be un easy. The point is you commited to a buyer as a buyer commited to you, you should have been courteous enough to keep in contact and ensure that the buyer would still be sending funds as i DID. And yes i get it funds are funds. But do not commit to an agreement if you can not keep your end up. And I didnt know less than 18 hours meant a couple of days, thanks for the exaggeration.

SO to you sir MR. I am getting on with my life, as you so eloquently stated.

PS i am pobviously not the only one waiting for communcation for you, so there is no lack on my end sir. Good day

rather than typing up this long story, perhaps you should be looking for another JB? Cash is king - or so they say, send the money faster next time I guess....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
cookie.MONSTER
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog x6 View Post
rather than typing up this long story, perhaps you should be looking for another JB? Cash is king - or so they say, send the money faster next time I guess....
You dont get it do you. The point of it is, if you were expecting payment, then why was communication not kept. SO what you are saying is that because I did not send the money fast enough, it IS acceptable that no contact was made fo 3 days. In addtion is IS acceptable that the refund did not occur until I emailed and asked for a status, and even then there was not a response back. A simple "hey bro, sorry sold it to someone else, didnt know you were still interested, but i refunded the money would have been the more reasonable approach."
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You dont get it do you. The point of it is, if you were expecting payment, then why was communication not kept. SO what you are saying is that because I did not send the money fast enough, it IS acceptable that no contact was made fo 3 days. In addtion is IS acceptable that the refund did not occur until I emailed and asked for a status, and even then there was not a response back. A simple "hey bro, sorry sold it to someone else, didnt know you were still interested, but i refunded the money would have been the more reasonable approach."
stop spinning your wheels and get over it! theres plenty of other jb's around here! its not ebay, its a forum - same rules dont apply. at least you didnt get scammed....
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
cookie.MONSTER
Major
Rep

Quote:
stop spinning your wheels and get over it! theres plenty of other jb's around here! its not ebay, its a forum - same rules dont apply. at least you didnt get scammed....
I got it, you are correct common courtesy need not apply here. No problem i dont care about the dame JB. But you are right.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I got it, you are correct common courtesy need not apply here. No problem i dont care about the dame JB. But you are right.
you should get a tune ASAP - you will love the car with it
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
H17M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I don't really understand the point of this. Sometimes refunds also take a couple days to process; so he may have even refunded you sooner than you think.
These things come and go all the time, just buy from someone else and move on :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
diamondbimmer92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
If you don't want to deal with things like that, just buy all your parts from reputable vendors... spending the extra little cash is worth the peace of mind.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

I do know what you mean. I was interested in a product myself. Talked to the seller, agreed on a price, paid him immediately. the funny thing, i dont low ball the price either. The next day, he declines my payment, with a cocky remark, sorry too bad, got more money somewhere else!
Nothing you can do. Problem is, a lot of bad sellers out there. As someone mentioned already, just pay a bit extra, and use reputable sellers!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
cookie.MONSTER
Major
Rep

Quote:
you should get a tune ASAP - you will love the car with it
You are correct! Im working on installing one this weekend. Def excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54bewst View Post
I don't really understand the point of this. Sometimes refunds also take a couple days to process; so he may have even refunded you sooner than you think.
These things come and go all the time, just buy from someone else and move on :-)
What is there not to understand. I had an issue, i posted, to let others aware as it seems i was not the only person having somewhat of the same issues. Any the point i am trying to make is not about the money, or the refund. Even if it does take a few days it does not excuse the lack of notification or communications for x amount of days. I understand these things happen. I am merely trying to use my experience for other potential buyer. Just as there is a vendor review correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondbimmer92 View Post
If you don't want to deal with things like that, just buy all your parts from reputable vendors... spending the extra little cash is worth the peace of mind.
You sir are correct. I am in no way objecting to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
I do know what you mean. I was interested in a product myself. Talked to the seller, agreed on a price, paid him immediately. the funny thing, i dont low ball the price either. The next day, he declines my payment, with a cocky remark, sorry too bad, got more money somewhere else!
Nothing you can do. Problem is, a lot of bad sellers out there. As someone mentioned already, just pay a bit extra, and use reputable sellers!

Indeed, sorry you had to deal with it as well. Apparently 3 or 4 people sent funds. atleast he did notify you. Lesson learned right?
Appreciate 0