E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Dealer messed up my suspension!! Need advice!!??

04-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Hey guys!
Bad day today
Took my car in for the battery recall and did an oil change and requested an alignment since I had brand new tires installed a month ago.
I had a slight vibration at highway speed so I had them check on it.
My car never pulled to the right or left. Rode straight and nice.

Anyways they give me a call and stated my front "Thrustt arms" are worn/loose and they recommended replacement.
So I okayed the job. They did the thrust arms (control arms?)
And the alignment. I get my car back start it up and leave. Next thing you know the cars pulling to the right pretty good.
I turn straight back and they told me it has nothing to do with the thrust arm replacement and they couldn't align it properly possibly because of the coilovers and low stance I have.
I said WTF! You guys aligned it belfre properly and never had a problem. They said the new arms are tight and everything they did was good and blah blah and basically said I was SOL unless I repair other stuff.
Sooooo MAD.
The worse part is I jump on the highway and any speed limit over 55mph I get a loud tire roar and it feels horrible.

I don't know how to go on with this because they said even tho the car was okay before I got there they blame it on the coilovers.
Should I get my lawyer involved?

What's the best route of action to take to get this done.

Sorry for the long story I'm just so upset.

*edit*
Turns out to be a bad alignment rack at the dealer. Everything was taken care of and thank you knauz BMW for finally helping a customer out lol. They over did the customer service after I talked to the manager

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

Thats not right at all. Which dealership was this? Sorry to hear but seems like they don't want to help you at all. Call BMWNA and complain what happened. That's some bullshit!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
Koreyy
KOrey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
i say whatever we complains or talk about car has shaking or pulling to whatever they tell to change the control arm.. cuz i had similar problem and they request to change control arms and made me to paid for them which nothing related. soon as i did tire balance and alignment from different dealer its fixed, not going back at all. it happened from WEST GERMAN BMW PA. was gonna call BMWNA but didnt want to bother cuz my money is not coming back to my pocket anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik
Thats not right at all. Which dealership was this? Sorry to hear but seems like they don't want to help you at all. Call BMWNA and complain what happened. That's some bullshit!
Knauz BMW man. I can't believe it bc they never gave me any problem before. I emailed my SA this morning he said I can refer you to fall line motorsports they deal with cars like yours blah blah. I immediately called the service manager. Metioned BMWna and he apologized 10 times told me to come back ASAP. Well see what happens now

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Good for you...make sure they fix that problem. They cant blame your coil overs for their stupidity. I had a similar problem with another dealer (Crystal Lake) and switched to Schaumburg BMW. At the moment I am pleased with my decision.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

I'm happy things are working out. Make sure you update us when they actually do lol
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik
I'm happy things are working out. Make sure you update us when they actually do lol
Everything's fixed! They had a problem with the alignment rack and it set everything way out of whack. 3 other customers had the same problem.

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0