E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > New phone!!! need your help!!

View Poll Results: Which phone is better??
Samsung OMNIA i900 9 42.86%
SONY ERICSON XPERIA X1 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

07-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #23
HarjotM
Test Pilot :)
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
+1
My reasons are different than yours, but Windows Mobile is a shitty OS. (Gen 1 Blackjack)

I think my w800i is still the best phone I ever owned. I only ditched it because it was outdated and I wanted a bigger screen for the web. I agree that it's stupid to use your phone as a (primary) mp3 player as well. Convergence just makes a device that's shitty at 5 things instead of good at 1 or 2. It can be used for occasional listening, but for normal use you're better off with an iPod Classic or a Creative Zen style player if you're more into video.

Personally I'm rather torn. I'm really liking the way the Xperia is stacking up so far but price and 3rd party support are the issues. The iPhone, while lacking in so many features, is almost infinitely expandable software wise and already has a plethora of developers. Not to mention the new price point. Decisions decisions...

OP: The Omnia is shit for the simple reason that the res is wayyyyy too low. The main feature I prize in a phone is resolution so I can browse the web more easily, and the X1 is lightyears ahead of the Omnia in that respect. (Another reason I like the iPhone, safari is very slick, but, again, the X1 is higher res than the iPhone as well by a significant amount)

but I wont be using the phone to surf web as im not planning on getting that plan through my provider and im not one of thsoe nuts who just whip out their phones at any wifi hot-spots lol

I just wanna get one of these phones cuz the're niice lol I know im being stupid
On the way: Saphire Black 335i / Coral Red leather Interior / Aluminum Trim / 6 Speed paddle shifters / Active Steer / Logic 7 Sound system / Sports Package/Premium Package / Navigation / Comfort Access / Bluetooth & BMW Assist / Factory Alarm / 3M protection full facial hood protection

With Me: '05 325i Silver Grey with black leather, 5spd Tiptronic , sports package and premium package

'98 Civic EX sedan Dark Green, 4spd auto

Departed: '02 Boxster 'S' Silver with Red leather int, 6spd
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjotM View Post
I just wanna get one of these phones cuz the're niice lol I know im being stupid
If you're only looking at them because they're nice, I'd take a look at the HTC Touch Pro as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #25
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjotM View Post
but I wont be using the phone to surf web as im not planning on getting that plan through my provider and im not one of thsoe nuts who just whip out their phones at any wifi hot-spots lol

Being able to browse the web from my phone is one of THE most important features for me, and not only from wifi hot-sports. As much as i want to get an iPhone 3G this Friday, i may have to wait for couple of weeks. I am on the corporate account, so I won't be able to just get an iPhone and activate it on the spot, may have to ask my office manager get one for me or something like that. Plus I think waiting in line for days to be the first one to get *ANYTHING* is fucking RETARDED!
      07-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #26
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Being able to browse the web from my phone is one of THE most important features for me, and not only from wifi hot-sports. As much as i want to get an iPhone 3G this Friday, i may have to wait for couple of weeks. I am on the corporate account, so I won't be able to just get an iPhone and activate it on the spot, may have to ask my office manager get one for me or something like that. Plus I think waiting in line for days to be the first one to get *ANYTHING* is fucking RETARDED!
Days, yes, 12 hours, no. Camped out for my Wii on launch day and will probably do the same with this. It comes out at 8am, so just show up the night before and you'll be fine. Probably be OK getting there at 4am even. I don't think there will be that many problems getting one if you get there early given the large number of Apple/AT&T stores and that each of those will likely get dozens of units.

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #27
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

hey OP sorry to thread jack but im in the market for a new phone as well. however i cant decide between the 3g iphone which comes out on friday and the nokia n95. id love to hear some feedback, again, sorry for the thread jack
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #28
HarjotM
Test Pilot :)
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
hey OP sorry to thread jack but im in the market for a new phone as well. however i cant decide between the 3g iphone which comes out on friday and the nokia n95. id love to hear some feedback, again, sorry for the thread jack
no worries man, I was debating and VERY excited to get iphone when it first came out. I was literally couple hours away from buying it and just then my cuz pointed out n95 to me and after reading the specs I was sold. I have ever since been in love with that phone...no complains other than it slows down after like couple weeks of straight use and a restart fixes that easy. Now i have the first gen n95 and not the 8gb one, 8gb has more storage and that slowing down has been fixed along with other minor stuff. I love the camera it has, just superb for a phone camera, I dont even take my camera anywhere since i have had this phone
REALLY recommend it, for me it was personal choice to pick it over iphone and thats another reason why im not even considering iphone this time either.
On the way: Saphire Black 335i / Coral Red leather Interior / Aluminum Trim / 6 Speed paddle shifters / Active Steer / Logic 7 Sound system / Sports Package/Premium Package / Navigation / Comfort Access / Bluetooth & BMW Assist / Factory Alarm / 3M protection full facial hood protection

With Me: '05 325i Silver Grey with black leather, 5spd Tiptronic , sports package and premium package

'98 Civic EX sedan Dark Green, 4spd auto

Departed: '02 Boxster 'S' Silver with Red leather int, 6spd
Appreciate 0