E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Jb4 Dp Fix Issues

09-14-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Jb4 Dp Fix Issues

Hi All

I recently installed a set VRSF DP's, not long after the CEL light came up. I researched and found someone state you need to clear the codes, did that but a short time after the CEL light re appeared.

I was under the impression that the DP fix in the JB4 stops CEL coming on, I would not of thought that it constantly required codes to be wiped. Alternatively I'm thinking I may not have installed the JB4 correctly in the first place.

I've run a scan using the BMWhat app and most the faults seem related the catalytic converter. See attached report.

I was going to ask this in a separate post.

I have also recently replaced the rear brakes but went over the scheduled replacement date and my mechanic while trying to erase them has also made the front brakes come up as being due for replacement as well as the vehicle check , tried to clear with the BMWhat app but it looks like I need android for that one. Anyone in the melb. eastern suburbs that can reset the service data ? more than happy to provide a slab or a bottle for your time.

Thanks

Dyll
Attached Files
File Type: txt iPhone_FaultReport_BMWhat_335_2008.txt (5.7 KB, 710 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Jb4 has an auto clear function, DP fix is useless here in Melbourne, we don't have annual inspections. If you have wired in any resistors into the O2 sensors (yuck) remove them.

You can reset the service lights using the buttons on the indicator stalk:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384430

Looks like you have other faults in the DSC though? And looks like you may have been coded for an oem antitheft but don't have the hardware for it?

Let me know if you have any issues, I've got BMW Standard tools which is a much more powerful toolset and can do all diagnosis/resetting/calibration/coding etc
      09-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
bmwheath
11 second stock turbo club. 11.6@120mph
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I have JB4 and constantly got "catless downpipe" codes as well, no matter how often i cleared them!
I had the car in the mechanic 1 time and he cleared any codes with his BT cable and i dont think the "downpipe" code has come back since
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Jb4 has an auto clear function, DP fix is useless here in Melbourne, we don't have annual inspections. If you have wired in any resistors into the O2 sensors (yuck) remove them.

You can reset the service lights using the buttons on the indicator stalk:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384430

Looks like you have other faults in the DSC though? And looks like you may have been coded for an oem antitheft but don't have the hardware for it?

Let me know if you have any issues, I've got BMW Standard tools which is a much more powerful toolset and can do all diagnosis/resetting/calibration/coding etc
Thanks a lot VTL, if I struggle I may have to take you up on that offer

I’ll have a go at clearing the service issues with your link.

Do you think the JB4 autoclear function is not working if the CEL light keeps popping up after a small amount of driving post reset ? I was hoping the CEL light would stay off once cleared.

I had to have a new computer installed 18months ago due to water collecting in the housing and killing the unit. I wonder if that has something to do with the coding.
Any idea what the other issues in the DSC may be ?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #5
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath View Post
I have JB4 and constantly got "catless downpipe" codes as well, no matter how often i cleared them!
I had the car in the mechanic 1 time and he cleared any codes with his BT cable and i dont think the "downpipe" code has come back since
Thanks bmwheath appreciate your comment I was thinking maybe it was not clearing or staying cleared correctly.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 09:08 PM   #6
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadyllo View Post
Thanks a lot VTL, if I struggle I may have to take you up on that offer

I’ll have a go at clearing the service issues with your link.

Do you think the JB4 autoclear function is not working if the CEL light keeps popping up after a small amount of driving post reset ? I was hoping the CEL light would stay off once cleared.

I had to have a new computer installed 18months ago due to water collecting in the housing and killing the unit. I wonder if that has something to do with the coding.
Any idea what the other issues in the DSC may be ?
I have never played with a JB4 myself but I am guessing it should be as simple as plugging in your laptop and enabling the option on the JB4.

Actually I misread the text! The anti theft thing is nothing, it is just saying you don't have those modules fitted to your car.

With the DSC unit I would first reset the service interval then clear the codes on the DSC to see if it goes away. If the 5DBD and 5DA7 codes persists then some of the actuators may be stuffed, would need to output test with INPA to know for sure.
      09-15-2015, 12:24 AM   #7
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
I have never played with a JB4 myself but I am guessing it should be as simple as plugging in your laptop and enabling the option on the JB4.

Actually I misread the text! The anti theft thing is nothing, it is just saying you don't have those modules fitted to your car.

With the DSC unit I would first reset the service interval then clear the codes on the DSC to see if it goes away. If the 5DBD and 5DA7 codes persists then some of the actuators may be stuffed, would need to output test with INPA to know for sure.
Thanks again VTL
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 02:53 AM   #8
bmwheath
Rep

I honestly wouldn't stress out about it, its more annoying than anything else!
If you have the iphone/android JB4 app you can just clear it while your driving along with your phone!
Like i said, i got a workshop to hook up there BT cable and cleared the codes and i dont think i have seen the check engine light in regards to the downpipes for months, whereas i used to get CEL 10 times a day
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 03:54 AM   #9
Mayuri Krab
The Cheap Arse Asian
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & R33 Skyline GTS-T

Set JB4 menu 1 to 3, this is the JB4's built in auto clear function.

You don't need a sperate dp fix wired in.

Basically suppress any green hippies related codes from poping up on I-drive.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 06:53 AM   #10
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I honestly wouldn't stress out about it, its more annoying than anything else!
If you have the iphone/android JB4 app you can just clear it while your driving along with your phone!
Like i said, i got a workshop to hook up there BT cable and cleared the codes and i dont think i have seen the check engine light in regards to the downpipes for months, whereas i used to get CEL 10 times a day
Your right heath more annoying than anything else.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 06:57 AM   #11
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayuri Krab View Post

Hey Mayuri running map 2 currently, did the code clear through the jb4 multiple times but the engine light keeps coming back. I'm not seeing anything pop up on I drive just cel
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #12
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Clear the code using JB4 ( menu 1 / tacho 2... exit command mode)

Enable auto code clear (menu 1 / tach 3... exit command mode)

If you go back into command mode on menu 1, the tacho should be pointing at tacho 3 by default.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #13
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
Clear the code using JB4 ( menu 1 / tacho 2... exit command mode)

Enable auto code clear (menu 1 / tach 3... exit command mode)

If you go back into command mode on menu 1, the tacho should be pointing at tacho 3 by default.
Thanks Stuart

I never enabled the auto clear !!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #14
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Miss read your post Mayuri, I'm a little sleep deprived with the new born.
All makes sense now thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #15
Mayuri Krab
The Cheap Arse Asian
Australia
Rep

Glad it all worked out, the auto clear option has being 'removed' from the official user guide (excel spread sheet) by Burger motorsport, apparently because they kept on getting shit from the local hippies in suits (aka government) in California.

Bunch of tree hugging hippies that state is...

93 R33 Skyline GTS-T |SAFC-II piggyback|3" Turbo Back Exhaust + Highflow Cat|FMIC|Boost Tee|Apexi POD| Shitty Chinese spec tires = sideways action everywhere
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #16
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Glad it all worked out, the auto clear option has being 'removed' from the official user guide (excel spread sheet) by Burger motorsport, apparently because they kept on getting shit from the local hippies in suits (aka government) in California.

Bunch of tree hugging hippies that state is...
No wonder I missed it Mayuri, bloody pot smoke'n tree huggers lol

Because it is in auto clear mode does that mean it will be clearing other codes that I will miss seeing ? or any risk of missing something important

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #17
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadyllo View Post
No wonder I missed it Mayuri, bloody pot smoke'n tree huggers lol

Because it is in auto clear mode does that mean it will be clearing other codes that I will miss seeing ? or any risk of missing something important

Thanks
This is why i dont use auto clear!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 04:06 AM   #18
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
This is why i dont use auto clear!
IMO anything important will be associated with lots of smoke and a sudden loss of power
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 05:52 AM   #19
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
IMO anything important will be associated with lots of smoke and a sudden loss of power
That's what I'm worried about
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #20
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

My Procede only clears tuner and cat related codes. I would assume the JB4 would do the same thing since its newer and constantly developed.
      09-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #21
Mayuri Krab
The Cheap Arse Asian
Australia
Rep

Nah, it only clears/suppresses green hippies related codes.

I still got engine fault reduced power pop up on I drive when I got underboost/overboost related issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 01:17 AM   #22
Armadyllo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Nah, it only clears/suppresses green hippies related codes.

I still got engine fault reduced power pop up on I drive when I got underboost/overboost related issues.
Great to hear

Thanks mate !!
Appreciate 0