E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > NWmotiv.com International Automotive Showcase 08/14/10

08-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #45
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Lots nice cars showed up and thanks so much for those who showed up. Had to leave early, caz me and my buddy got another car show in Vancouver BC tmw. Sorry~
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #46
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i AW

Garage List
Today is too hot. I think I'm getting sunburns for being out in the sun too much... I did expect more cars at the show though. I wonder if any of us is going to win any of the prizes. But since none of us is actually there, there'd be no one to receive it...haha
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #47
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

pics yet? I'm inside where it's much cooler.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #48
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
I only took a couple of pics on the premeet. I didn't actually take pics of the event, but I think Johnny took a bunch. I'll post what I have in a second.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #49
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Here they are...

BTW, it was so hot that both my LUX were throwing error codes on the way home, or at least that's what I assume is the cause of the errors.. I checked the wiring and they are all good. Resistance does change when it is heated...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #50
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=anthoj;7831078]Here they are...QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics bro. Good to see a few familiar cars now. If it wasn't so hot, I would have at least driven down to see u at the premeet. But, HELL NO. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter....sheesh.

BTW, I saw you (well your car for sure) backed into a space in front of Regent Bakery, I believe on Thurs or yesterday. Your car was super clean. You have the red script vinyl writing down the top of your front fenders, right? If that was you inside, I didn't say hi cuz you seemed pretty busy talking and didn't wanna interrupt.

I see Howard's ride too. Mark....the DPEs definitely are sexier than the HREs, even though I still like the HREs (no matter what peeps say about 5star and/or chrome). And that must be Jack's ride, cuz Johnny's is already parted out. heh
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #51
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Hey thanks man. Yeah that was my car at Regents Bakery. If you saw me in the driver seat did you also see Johnny in the passenger seat? We were on our way to 360 auto body to pick up Johnny's ride. Where were you? I didn't see a 335xi drive by...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #52
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Btw does anyone know where they post the official pics of the event?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #53
JakuSan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe AW

[QUOTE=98005xi;7832083]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthoj View Post
Here they are...QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics bro. Good to see a few familiar cars now. If it wasn't so hot, I would have at least driven down to see u at the premeet. But, HELL NO. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter....sheesh.

BTW, I saw you (well your car for sure) backed into a space in front of Regent Bakery, I believe on Thurs or yesterday. Your car was super clean. You have the red script vinyl writing down the top of your front fenders, right? If that was you inside, I didn't say hi cuz you seemed pretty busy talking and didn't wanna interrupt.

I see Howard's ride too. Mark....the DPEs definitely are sexier than the HREs, even though I still like the HREs (no matter what peeps say about 5star and/or chrome). And that must be Jack's ride, cuz Johnny's is already parted out. heh
Nope, that's johnny's ride, you got it wrong again....
Guess these pictures were from the pre-meet, I was late and couldn't make it to the pre-meet.
Johnny always complains to me that everyone said my car is his or his car is mine, do our cars really look that similar?
luckily, he just changed a CF hood, so next time if you see a white m3 with a poor oem hood, that's my car, if you see an aggressive CF hood with CF hood vents and some balling items, that's Johnny's ride
oh, one way for y'all to distinguish my car from johnny's, my car doesn't have CF mirror cover
      08-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #54
Dirnegrey
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

[QUOTE=JakuSan;7832422]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98005xi View Post

Guess these pictures were from the pre-meet, I was late and couldn't make it to the pre-meet.
Johnny always complains to me that everyone said my car is his or his car is mine, do our cars really look that similar?
luckily, he just changed a CF hood, so next time if you see a white m3 with a poor oem hood, that's my car, if you see an aggressive CF hood with CF hood vents and some balling items, that's Johnny's ride
oh, one way for y'all to distinguish my car from johnny's, my car doesn't have CF mirror cover
I think amuse bumper is the easy way to distinguish between your car and johnny's
      08-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #55
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey thanks man. Yeah that was my car at Regents Bakery. If you saw me in the driver seat did you also see Johnny in the passenger seat? We were on our way to 360 auto body to pick up Johnny's ride. Where were you? I didn't see a 335xi drive by...
Negativo. Car was parked and empty. Were you in Regent, sitting, and talking? In fact, I parked right next to your car and went in to order 2 HK milk teas (like I do every friggin day actually).

That would have been nice to meet both of you at the same time too.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #56
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=dirnegrey;7832822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakuSan View Post

I think amuse bumper is the easy way to distinguish between your car and johnny's
You're absolutely right. Why didn't I think about that? Yesterday night, after a friggin rushed dinner (it was yummy tho) at Facing East, I was thinking that there should be some kinda cheat sheet website with everyone's ride and screen name to reference so it's easier to recognize rides when rolling around town. I'd hate to be waving like a tard @ someone who's NOT on the board, you know?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #57
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=JakuSan;7832422]
Quote:

My bad Jack...now that I think about it, it was YOU that I saw that one time @ Facing East/Boiling Point. I pulled up and parked in front of the dry cleaners and walked into BP to pick up togo. I remember asking Johnny if it was him and he said it was prolly either you or Howard. I didn't know who anyone was at the time, but after your photoshoot, it was definitely you. (BTW, I didn't know shit about 3-series before NYE 2009 when we bought the 335, so I'm somewhat catching up with you all). Your ride looked hella nice back then too bro.

I see e9x ALL over the place and it's super easy to confuse one car with another (IMHO). Through southcenter, downtown, up I5 to Lynnwood, back over to Woodinville, Kirkland, and back to Bellevue/Redmond, it's like I keep seeing the same cars, but they're probably different ones (they look similiar when rolling - can't see rims in detail and they're usually flashing by in the OTHER direction).

I haven't met Johnny in person yet, but he already cracks me up. One of these days....
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #58
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirnegrey View Post
+1

Quote:
Negativo. Car was parked and empty. Were you in Regent, sitting, and talking? In fact, I parked right next to your car and went in to order 2 HK milk teas (like I do every friggin day actually).

That would have been nice to meet both of you at the same time too.
Yes...Johnny and I were sitting in the corner nearest to the windows. I really wasn't paying attention to anyone who walked in, and coz we were at the corner, we couldn't really see outside.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #59
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes...Johnny and I were sitting in the corner nearest to the windows. I really wasn't paying attention to anyone who walked in, and coz we were at the corner, we couldn't really see outside.
Oh well... I looked over @ you guys like twice, but figured you were talking something techie and were MS employees or something. My bad.

Next time. Now I gotta see if I remember what you looked like. Who was in the corner seat against the wall?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #60
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh well... I looked over @ you guys like twice, but figured you were talking something techie and were MS employees or something. My bad.

Next time. Now I gotta see if I remember what you looked like. Who was in the corner seat against the wall?
That was Johnny.

BTW for those who are interested, official pics on the following page:

http://www.nwmotiv.com/cars/nwmotiv-i-a-s-coverage/

None of us won anything... honestly though, I don't see how some of them won... maybe I just really don't like JDM stuff..
Appreciate 0