E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > VIR top speed for FBO cars?

01-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

VIR top speed for FBO cars?

Just curious. At Mid-Ohio I was hitting about 140mph just before turn 7. I heard VIR is faster and am looking at running there in the spring.

Am I going to bump the 155 limiter on the back straight? I'm worried about running into it at full boost in 6th gear and having the throttle body slam shut. N55 FBO with 50% e85 mix. Should be comparable power to a N54 FBO on pump. I'm guessing I won't hit it because acceleration takes so much longer for each MPH once you're that fast, but wondering if we have any real world data points.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 01-14-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
torqnDC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Just curious. At Mid-Ohio I was hitting about 140mph just before turn 7. I heard VIR is faster and am looking at running there in the spring.

Am I going to bump the 155 limiter on the back straight? I'm worried about running into it at full boost in 6th gear and having the throttle body slam shut. N55 FBO with 50% e85 mix. Should be comparable power to a N54 FBO on pump. I'm guessing I won't hit it because acceleration takes so much longer for each MPH once you're that fast, but wondering if we have any real world data points.
You'll have a blast, VIR is really fun. Just be prepared to spend time pointing by Corvettes and other high powered beasts on that back stretch. My roof spoiler ripped off when I hit 148 on that back stretch, that was the fastest I've seen there (I'm FBO minus meth). What tires will you be running? I was one of the few not on slicks or semislicks there but my PSS's held up okay just got greasy through the flat esses.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqnDC View Post
You'll have a blast, VIR is really fun. Just be prepared to spend time pointing by Corvettes and other high powered beasts on that back stretch. My roof spoiler ripped off when I hit 148 on that back stretch, that was the fastest I've seen there (I'm FBO minus meth). What tires will you be running? I was one of the few not on slicks or semislicks there but my PSS's held up okay just got greasy through the flat esses.
Damn sounds like fun, i want to take my car there!!!
      06-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

There is a well driven 1M with RB turbos and FBO no meth that hits 149 on the GPS with track tires. My 335 running a stage 1 tune hits 140 on the back straight before I lift at the top of the hill, 135 on the front lifting at pit-out. I lift to make sure I have enough brakes for the turn-in. I still have to drive this thing home, you know.

You must have upgraded brakes, at the very least very good track/race pads, if you want to make it more than a couple of laps when putting down modded N54 power.