E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > My Ohio frtiends..word of caution and advice sought!

05-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
naswani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xdrive Coupe

My Ohio frtiends..word of caution and advice sought!

Hi Guys,

I appreciate you clicking on this post and reading it. I recently bough a Brand new BMW (mid-2009) and suffered a curb rash in Q4' 2009.

I took it in to a body shop recommended by my dealer and got my bumper fixed.

Three months later the paint started peeling off.. Its peeled off so horribly, it is now visible from 75-100 feet away, now spreading around the Xenon lights.

When I went in, the shop touched up my front and rear bumpers, now he says his liability is just the front bumper and he may return my money for just that.
The pictures you see below are that of the front bumper. (Rear is OK)

What do you guys suggest I settle for? What are my rights? Should I fight for more in this case or just take the money I get and look for a better body shop?

All owners in Ohio - If interested, send me a PM and I will provide more details.
This case is still open and cannot divulge any more details other than via PM.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Jonny550
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i Xdrive

WTF is that. Wow, When i got my car their was a couple their to who just cash paid a brand new 535 and the same shit happend to them on thier door . It was hilarious looking at the Sales guy trying to buff it out with sratch-x to no avail. Funny enough it was the same color to.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
naswani
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon335iFL View Post
WTF is that. Wow, When i got my car their was a couple their to who just cash paid a brand new 535 and the same shit happend to them on thier door . It was hilarious looking at the Sales guy trying to buff it out with sratch-x to no avail. Funny enough it was the same color to.
Got my proposed solution. Getting my refund back for the repair for front bumper.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Was it originally done through your insurance company? If so, I'd call them up. Either way, most reputable body shops have at least a 1 year warranty. You should tell them the problem and ask them to fix it right away. If they don't listen, file a formal complaint and do a chargeback (assuming you paid via CC).