E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel MAERSK WELKIN - ETA Port Hueneme June 18th

06-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #67
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

While I ponder any rescheduling because, frankly, the patient isn't very smart as he is, I thought I would make your day. I was able to secure a photo from a video buoy of our ship approaching the Caribbean Sea this morning. Hopefully it will display here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #68
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

Look! I found a pic of the captain!
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #69
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLazz View Post
Look! I found a pic of the captain!
Good Show! Everyone should be put on notice that if they want serious, reliable info concerning west coast delivery, this is the thread!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #70
ADH
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Very Funny Stuff - You were not kidding Les this is definitely entertaining.

Aaron
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #71
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

hahah - had to come take a look.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #72
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sooooo glad we can entertain with our frustration! But then again, at least we aren't used to a ship checking in regularly and then dropping off the face of the earth like another ship here that shall remain nameless.

Honestly, I keep talking about not having a life outside of this, but actually, I have to go drop off one kid to a swim party and help the other kid get ready for her 8th grade graduation dance. Boy, I remember the days when Fridays were all about me, I wonder if those days ever some back? And if they do, will I be too old to remember what I did last Friday night?

Have fun tonight guys!

Les
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #73
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Leslie - The good news is that those days will, in fact, return. My son is 21 and my daughter is 23 and I'm tasting wine again. That's why I can get a coupe this time. I can't remember what you said about Friday.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #74
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

This Just In

Sited off the coast of Puerto Rico
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #75
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
Sited off the coast of Puerto Rico
HAHAHA
      06-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #76
drunkonvinyl
Rep
Drives: 135i

woot! guess i found the right forum

just found out from my dealer that i'm on the welkin too. was the crane damage on the welkin that's arriving this month? that's a flippin' shame. thanks for all the hard work and postings...this is pretty cool to be able to track it like this. the folks at work think i'm nuts, but hey...

keeping fingers crossed that all of the damaged cars were for some new government missile test project anyway and not destined for any of us.

jake
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #77
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Welcome DrunkonVinyl - The people at work can't appreciate your interest as no one tracks Hyundias. There weren't really any damaged vehicles (that I know of). That is just distorted humor to pass the time waiting for the ship. We should be at the Panama Canal soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #78
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Good morning all! Welcome aboard drunkonvinyl. I hesitate to think why you have named yourself that, and you don't really want to know what images it conjures in my mind (suffice to say, my ex-husband is central in my imaginative scenerio). So if you don't mind, I think I will address you as Jake.

OK, as of this morning, we have 8 people aboard the Maersk Welkin. There are 1190 BMWs on her (if I am reading the port schedule right). What we have come up with as far as tracking goes is:

MW hits the Panama Canal on 6/10 and transits through the following day
Panama Canal site http://www.boydsteamship.com/

Unloads some of her cars in San Diego on 6/18 and takes off for Oxnard the same day
Port of San Diego site http://www.sdmis.org/

Arrives in Oxnard on 6/20 and sends her cargo to the processing center
Port of Hueneme site http://www.portofhueneme.org/

Well comparatively speaking, we know precious little about the Maersk Welkin other than what she looks like! I keep chcking the sailwx site on the off chance she calls in, but I am not holding high hopes for that!

OK, now that I got THAT outta my system, on with the humor! RTHROWER where are you this morning, I need to see more pics of our ships tragic voyage!

Les
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #79
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nevermind, I found her. I think she is waiting for the tide to come in!

Les
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #80
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

HEY! WAS THERE A MUTINY LAST NIGHT AND NO ONE TOLD ME!

Did you guys go find a life??? How????

Did you guys abandon ship while I was out chauffering kids around last night??

No one is coming out to play?

HELLLOOOO? (lo, lo, lo,) ANYONE LISTENING? (ing, ing, ing) ECHO (echo, echo, echo)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #81
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

I'm here Leslie - I was trying to find a link to send you. I'm not sure where I got it - maybe you sent it to me. If you scroll down on the news page it has a section for cargo ships coming in - They may get the info from the same place we do - but - it is something else to read.

http://www.sddt.com/news/morningbriefs.cfm
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #82
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

This individual shows everything graphically from order to pick up of vehicle. You may have seen it but it's new to me. BTW - nice ship shot Les. G

http://www.my330i.com/tracking.php
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #83
Joeyballs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW/CR 335i Coupe

haha leslie, you're a riot You're definitely making this wait more enjoyable

If my dealer is in Palm springs, CA do you guys think they're going to unload my car at the san diego port? It makes sense. I'm just not sure if thats how it works.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #84
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Fthrower - oh goody, goody!! a new site for me to lurk in!

Joey - I'm not sure if they have a processing place for BMW's there. I think they drop off all BMW's in Oxnard. I seem to recall there is a video on that site somewhere that mentions other cars but not BMW. Shoot your CA an email and ask. I don't remember which port site I was in. Maybe fthrower remembers, he watched the video too.

I am soooo glad there wasn't a mutiny and I wasn't invited. Woould have hated to miss that!

Les
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #85
drunkonvinyl
Rep

thanks for the welcome...

...glad i know i'm not alone in my total obsession. been watching videos about my car all day, reading about tuning options and starting at the brochure. i need a life...i promise that once i get my car, i will at least leave the computer...i may still not have a life, but i will be in front of my idrive screen.

so i live in la...bought from pacific bmw (glendale). would mine come in at oxnard? what's a reasonable date to expect the call to get the car? early july after the processing and travel to the dealer? i'm renting now until then, so the information is not just because i'm obsessed, which of course i am, but just trying to plan financially as well...and maybe find a better deal on a rental.

jake or drunkonvinyl...whatever you prefer
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #86
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkonvinyl View Post
so i live in la...bought from pacific bmw (glendale). would mine come in at oxnard? what's a reasonable date to expect the call to get the car? early july after the processing and travel to the dealer? i'm renting now until then, so the information is not just because i'm obsessed, which of course i am, but just trying to plan financially as well...and maybe find a better deal on a rental.

jake or drunkonvinyl...whatever you prefer
OK now Jake, take a deep breath, hold it, hooooold it... alright now, let it out slowly and do that again 10 times before you do anything else.

WOW are you excited, bursting at the seams, like a kid on christmas morning! OK, I will try to answer your questions. Go to this site and watch the maritime video http://www.portofsandiego.org/ (page down once you will see it on the right). I don't think that BMWs are unloaded anywhere else in California except Oxnard. If we stay on course (get it, 'stay on course') with the present schedule, I would think you will be getting a call from your CA by the 27th at the latest. I think processing the car only takes 2 - 3 days and then 2 - 3 days to truck it to your dealer and then they put the finishing touches on it. You really should have the car before the 27th, but I figure it is always nice to be surprised if you get a call from your CA a couple of days earlier than that.

In the meantime, Jake, remember to breath. We have a good solid 2 weeks to go. Keep checking in with us, it helps pass the time

My goodness, these young whippersnappers just take all the energy out of a body!

Les

PS here is another site you can waste a couple of hours reading, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...397#post755397

Last edited by LesLazz; 06-07-2008 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #87
drunkonvinyl
Rep

vesselltracker for mobile

found this and it at least shows a map (though last known position is from 5/30/08). the main page on vesselltracker wasn't giving me any info.

http://www.vesseltracker.com/mobile/...ml?shipId=8691

...and...you can use that on your phone.

who's excited?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #88
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Well I have spent most of the afternoon finding any scrap of info I could on the Maersk Welkin and have left my name on every live site I possibly could, but no luck...

No wait! I think someone is trying to contact me, let me switch to video -

This just in:

View My Video

You know fthrower if you listen very closely, I think they say something about a Montego Blue 331 coupe coming loose from its moorings and going into the drink. Hey isn't that just like..... nevermind.

Les
Appreciate 0