E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dinan on a '06 e90 330

10-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Tosh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Dinan on a '06 e90 330

I am sure there are threads about all three of the producrts in question: the throttle body, intake and exhaust. I hate to do a redux, but after searching I didn't find anything about the gains of anyone installing all three mods together.

I called my dealer today and he said I would get about a 20hp increase if I went this route, but that seems optimistic.

I would like to get your opinion on the three mods and if anyone has all three--what performance increase do you see? And of course, is it worth the money?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

I don't think anyone has done all three together and have dyno'd their car unfortunately. However, Dinan has been known to be conservative when making performance parts so I wouldn't expect a huge power increase. Throttle increase would probably be noticeable though. But it's hard to justify the gains vs. the price of the mods.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2007, 01:35 AM   #3
BeMyWife330i
DIMA ZMEY
United_States
Rep
Drives: B5 S4 avant

one of the members got the throttle body and after dyno he lost few hp.......N52 has a valvetronic system which the throttle body doesnt affect that much, i think it stays open at all times( not sure about that ).... as for the intake, it looks like stock, with dinan logo, might as well get a drop in filter, much cheaper, the only thing i would get from dinan is their exhaust it sounds pretty good, but i never liked dinan so it up to ur prefrence.....
      10-24-2007, 02:44 AM   #4
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

kgfrogman is the one w/ the throttle body install. lost hp on that
the intake -- no proven gains... also, absolutely NO difference in sound... so it's a waste-mod.
the only thing that is proven to yeild some power and have a nice growl is the exhaust.
Appreciate 0