E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Red Light Camera Tickets!

07-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Red Light Camera Tickets!

Whats up Forum!
I know at least one of you have been slapped with $180 ticket because the red light camera. I know I have, and I get the ticket in the mail accompanied by a link to the picture and a 15 second video.

In any case here is guy who is getting a petition together to stop the State of Florida on this ridiculous fees which add up too Millions of Dollars.

Story from the NewTimes:
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2012-07...amera-tickets/

Link for Petition:
http://redlitepetition.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

I think these camera's are the greatest thing since sliced toast.

All the money gets pumped right back into the city... Red light accidents are down as are deaths.

Easy fix though if your tired of the tickets...stop eating red lights!

Last edited by pimp4cheddar; 07-30-2012 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
patrickguu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335ix

doubt the petition would work... Just stop running red lights and you wont see a ticket in your mailbox
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
teleopti
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Sport

I don't agree with the red light cameras. you can be going through a yellow and then the bitch turns red and you get slapped with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
oddjob2021
ASR Turbos+LSD+Meth= :D
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
honestly, ya just gotta know where the cameras are around your 'hood.

2007 335i Coupe
Mods: Check the Garage
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
Bimmer305
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I got one of those in the mail too.

Turn out my brother's car is under my name and he made one of those right turns without stopping at the red light for 4 seconds (no one does).

I've done my research and I'm pretty sure I'll beat it in court.

Also, the money does not go to the city, only $70 goes to the city and $88 to the private company blackmailing you (if you accept the blackmail and pay it).
      07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleopti View Post
I don't agree with the red light cameras. you can be going through a yellow and then the bitch turns red and you get slapped with it.
not true, all of them have to be reviewed.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
E90PAT
SOFLO CODING
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer305 View Post

Turn out my brother's car is under my name and he made one of those right turns without stopping at the red light for 4 seconds (no one does).

Also, the money does not go to the city, only $70 goes to the city and $88 to the private company blackmailing you (if you accept the blackmail and pay it).
show me your source for your numbers please, im interested in doing some research myself
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleopti View Post
Each and every ticket is reviewed...so that is definitely not the case.

Quote:

What company are you referring to? I'm almost sure all the money gets pumped back into the city for roads, highways and public services.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Does the PIC or VIDEO identify you ? I will take it as a NO.

Fight it, take it to a lawer. It wasnt you driving period
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
teleopti
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
Does the PIC or VIDEO identify you ? I will take it as a NO.

Fight it, take it to a lawer. It wasnt you driving period
Agreed. I talked to my lawyer about this and he said dont ever pay them.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep

RIGHT! MONEY GETS PUMPED BACK INTO THE CITY... What are you PRO & BIG government? I guess you haven't read that the city Miami's politicians like to stick there hand in the cookie jar. If the money was going back in why are all my firefighter and cops friends being laid off? Come on bro open your eyes. Just like tolls, I don't mind 1 to get on 1 to get off. But the Don Shula Expw. has something like 4 tolls in 1 mile.

Sorry to tell you bro but when you are making a right turn and get caught with the red light camera you are not going 70 mph and not going to kill anyone. Know going through a red at intersection that is a different story. I agree you should be stopping, but one day you will make a right hand turn and SNAP goes a picture and $180.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #13
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimbj View Post
RIGHT! MONEY GETS PUMPED BACK INTO THE CITY... What are you PRO & BIG government? I guess you haven't read that the city Miami's politicians like to stick there hand in the cookie jar. If the money was going back in why are all my firefighter and cops friends being laid off? Come on bro open your eyes. Just like tolls, I don't mind 1 to get on 1 to get off. But the Don Shula Expw. has something like 4 tolls in 1 mile.

Sorry to tell you bro but when you are making a right turn and get caught with the red light camera you are not going 70 mph and not going to kill anyone. Know going through a red at intersection that is a different story. I agree you should be stopping, but one day you will make a right hand turn and SNAP goes a picture and $180.

Eating a red light is eating a red light. It has nothing to do with being pro gov...

You sound way too ignorant to argue with. The money is being pumped back into the sectors I mentioned before...(read above).

Unfortunately...I have friends that are cops and teachers and yea...it sucks as the money doens't directly get thrown their way but such is life.

I'm not defending anything and yes I've been to Miami...I've lived there and in Palm Beach county. The fact is the fact - stop eating red lights

...and yes not stopping at a red light to make a right turn can still cause/hurt someone - PEDESTRIANS! Those signs are there for a reason…

Last edited by pimp4cheddar; 07-30-2012 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep

Right IGNORANT it is... You are just one of those trolls who sits in front of the computer all day long with nothing to do, imposing your OPINION on everyone else. You are definitely not worth the time. Thanks for the WISE ASS advise about eating red lights.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimbj View Post
Thanks for the WISE ASS advise about eating red lights.

How is it a wise ass comment?

You create a thread crying about red light tickets. Do you know how to avoid red light tickets??? YOU STOP EATING RED LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^but I'm the troll...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I just got hit with one of these. I had to go; if I'd have tried to stop I would have been in the middle of the intersection and that would have been MORE dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
Bimmer305
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Each and every ticket is reviewed...so that is definitely not the case.

What company are you referring to? I'm almost sure all the money gets pumped back into the city for roads, highways and public services.
I can't tell where I got that exact number from but I bookmarked the page at home. But, if all the money goes back to the city, then whats the business of the private company installing/maintaining those cameras?

By law, they are required to identify the offender, I picture of your license plate does not do that. A monkey or the ballet parking guy can be driving your car, so pictures/videos of your car does not prove you are braking the law.

Just google it and you will see hundreds of cases where judges itself have ruled that red cameras are unconstitutional. For that same reason they have been banned from numerous cities.

The ticket that you get in the mail, is not even a real ticket. It is just a private company telling you (blackmailing you), pay me $158 or I'll send this evidence to the DOT and they will send you a real ticket for $200+ and points. The only way to take it to court is not take action in 30 days and wait for the DOT to send you a real citation.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1560867/pg1
      07-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't tell where I got that exact number from but I bookmarked the page at home. But, if all the money goes back to the city, then whats the business of the private company installing/maintaining those cameras?

By law, they are required to identify the offender, I picture of your license plate does not do that. A monkey or the ballet parking guy can be driving your car, so pictures/videos of your car does not prove you are braking the law.

Just google it and you will see hundreds of cases where judges itself have ruled that red cameras are unconstitutional. For that same reason they have been banned from numerous cities.

The ticket that you get in the mail, is not even a real ticket. It is just a private company telling you (blackmailing you), pay me $158 or I'll send this evidence to the DOT and they will send you a real ticket for $200+ and points. The only way to take it to court is not take action in 30 days and wait for the DOT to send you a real citation.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1560867/pg1

Believe me...I understand your point - there are flaws in the system as there will always be. What if your mother was driving your car? Why should you be nailed with the ticket? --- Those are all legit arguments.

I've seen the uproar and I've seen the links of people yelling the cameras are "unconstitutional".

There are flaws in all systems and if you weren't driving or some extreme example like that...then yes by all means fight and argue as we are all allowed a fair hearing - take it to court.

But if your speeding as the light turned yellow and you had NO TIME to stop or you would be in the middle of the street...so you had to eat it - too bad!

If you said fuck it...and ate the light - too bad!

If you didn't stop at a red light before turning right and there's a sign that says, "hey dick...stop before turning" - too bad!

I'm personally tired of seeing assholes (in BMW's or any other car) eat red lights. There's nothing cool about T-Boning someone or being T-Boned. My wife was T-Boned by some "awesome" driver in Miami and it was horrible.

I understand the issues with other people driving the car and issues like those...I really do. If that's the case - fight the ticket.

Honestly - If you drive right...you won't have shit to complain about. I'm no angel and I do shit as well...but I don't create threads to bitch and attempt to start uproar.

Its simple logic...stop doing dumb shit and you will honestly reduce any chance of shit like this happening to you.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
Bimmer305
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Believe me...I understand your point - there are flaws in the system as there will always be. What if your mother was driving your car? Why should you be nailed with the ticket? --- Those are all legit arguments.

I've seen the uproar and I've seen the links of people yelling the cameras are "unconstitutional".

There are flaws in all systems and if you weren't driving or some extreme example like that...then yes by all means fight and argue as we are all allowed a fair hearing - take it to court.

But if your speeding as the light turned yellow and you had NO TIME to stop or you would be in the middle of the street...so you had to eat it - too bad!

If you said fuck it...and ate the light - too bad!

If you didn't stop at a red light before turning right and there's a sign that says, "hey dick...stop before turning" - too bad!

I'm personally tired of seeing assholes (in BMW's or any other car) eat red lights. There's nothing cool about T-Boning someone or being T-Boned. My wife was T-Boned by some "awesome" driver in Miami and it was horrible.

I understand the issues with other people driving the car and issues like those...I really do. If that's the case - fight the ticket.

Honestly - If you drive right...you won't have shit to complain about. I'm no angel and I do shit as well...but I don't create threads to bitch and attempt to start uproar.

Its simple logic...stop doing dumb shit and you will honestly reduce any chance of shit like this happening to you.
+1 on your point.

But I don't think red light cameras are the solution to the problem. It is just creating another one.
There has been an increase on accidents at traffic lights with red light cameras due to people slamming on the brakes as soon as they see the yellow light and the car behind them ending up rear ending it.
      07-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Did I say I was speeding? You want me to slam on the brakes with passengers in the car and be way past the line and messing up the flow of traffic for whomever has the green and potentially causing an accident? No freaking way, especially not in MiamiDade where people driving like a-holes all the time. I don't care if you agree with my opinion or not (you're not the judge). I'm still not happy with the ticket nor do I agree with the program as a whole.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #21
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Did I say I was speeding? You want me to slam on the brakes with passengers in the car and be way past the line and messing up the flow of traffic for whomever has the green and potentially causing an accident? No freaking way, especially not in MiamiDade where people driving like a-holes all the time. I don't care if you agree with my opinion or not (you're not the judge). I'm still not happy with the ticket nor do I agree with the program as a whole.

You didn't say you weren't either... and what makes you think I was referring to you? Guilty conscience?

I don't want you to do anything...

You explain that logic to a judge and see what the outcome is. When the guru's developed the traffic grid system they took this issue into account and there is a relationship between the amount of time associated with the Yellow Light Warning and the speed limit.

^^^What that means is there is enough time given to the public traffic once the Yellow Warning Light appears to slow down and stop at the light "GIVEN YOU ARE GOING THE SPEED LIMIT or slower". If the Yellow Warning Light appears and you are on your way through the intersection...there "is" enough time to clear the street before the RED LIGHT appears.

Most of the cases people argue like yours are due to the Yellow Warning Light appearing with the person being far from the intersection and not wanting to stop...but thinking they can "clear" the intersection and getting nailed with the RED LIGHT.

You all continue to press the issue that the tickets are bullshit. I've never gotten a ticket due to going through a GREEN LIGHT...I wonder why...:

This is turning into way too bullshit of a thread. Keep crying at the tickets and eating red lights...

Last edited by pimp4cheddar; 07-30-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #22
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Nope no guilty conscience. If you wern't referring to me its QUITE the coincidence that you happened to use that specific example shortly after I posted my comments.

I'm not explaining anything to a judge. I'm just paying the stupid thing.

Apparently you already have all the answers, so I'm done as it will be pointless to continue with the conversation. You seem very opinionated on this subject so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Appreciate 0