E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Only 2 injectors replaced?

12-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Only 2 injectors replaced?

Anyone had this done? I've read so many threads where people say they had their injectors replaced...like if they go in...they would always replace ALL of them...

I'm getting only two replaced right now...after a coil pack and spark plugs...

Sux cause this will cost over 900 Euro and it would have all been free in a couple months...
      12-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Figures...I guess most places just figure it would be stupid to get in there and NOT replace all of them...but that would be like 400 Euro more so I guess it's better right now...as long as it is fixed for now...till I get it shipped to the states..then it's back to factory warranty!!
      12-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

It depends on where the misfire is occuring, year of car, and what part # injectors are already in the car in most cases as to which injectors get replaced. Remember, dont blame the dealer for only replacing 2. They have to listen to what BMW tells them to do.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I didn't quite understand the first part of your statement.

But my car is not at a dealer. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I'm simply asking people's history/experience/opinion about getting less than ALL of their injectors replaced when there's been a problem with injector (s).

I have read through SO many threads pertaining to problems with this car and it seemed like every time I read the word injector in a post, they were saying that they had "Their injectors replaced." So I had it stuck in my head that they would always replace all of them if they got in there.

Then, this guy calls me and says he is replacing only two. I'm glad because injectors are about 150 Euro a piece here and I don't want to spend that much right now...but I was still wondering if this is normal.

If replacing only two fixes my car, then Thank God. I can pay the damn 1000 Euro for now and then ship it off and then it's back under warranty...
      12-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
Juiced46
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 Turbo Cobra, 2011 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
I didn't quite understand the first part of your statement.

But my car is not at a dealer. I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I'm simply asking people's history/experience/opinion about getting less than ALL of their injectors replaced when there's been a problem with injector (s).

I have read through SO many threads pertaining to problems with this car and it seemed like every time I read the word injector in a post, they were saying that they had "Their injectors replaced." So I had it stuck in my head that they would always replace all of them if they got in there.

Then, this guy calls me and says he is replacing only two. I'm glad because injectors are about 150 Euro a piece here and I don't want to spend that much right now...but I was still wondering if this is normal.

If replacing only two fixes my car, then Thank God. I can pay the damn 1000 Euro for now and then ship it off and then it's back under warranty...

Sorry didnt realize you werent at a dealer. I didnt say you were blaming anyone. Im just saying in general. Sometimes people only get 1 or 2 injectors replaced by the dealer and they complain about them. Its actually BMWs choice on what injectors get replaced.

Lets say you have a misfire on cyls 1 and 2. BMW may only want you do replace those 2 injectors, or just the injectors on that bank which would be 1, 2 and 3. If you had misfires on cylinders 1 and 5. BMW may have you replace all 6 injectors. Like I said, it all depends on what software level the car has, what part # injectors are currently in the car and what cylinders are actually misfiring as to which/ how many injectors get replaced. If the car has the newest injectors in it, BMW would only replace the injectors that have that cyl misfiring. In your case its different since you are not at the dealer. How many miles on your car and why didnt you bring it to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Quote:
I didnt say you were blaming anyone
Yes you did, lol..

Quote:
dont blame the dealer
No big deal. I hear what you're saying...makes sense...

I didn't bring it to a dealer because I am shipping it off in less than two months....so I didn't want to spend 50,0000000000000 Euro at the dealer here. The place I took it to is reputable and they are an "Authorized" BMW place..whatever that means. Either way..whatever....I'm just a little irritated at the whole thing...if this problem could have waited just a few hundred more miles to happen...it would have happened in the U.S. and all of this would be free...and I might even be getting ALL the injectors replaced along with the HPFP/etc...

I have about 38,5K miles...
      01-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
maxipad96
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 E90

What's the point of just replacing bad injectors. Is this the root of the problem? What caused them to misfire in the first place.

I ask this because within 2 weeks of owning the car, it was in the shop getting the injectors replaced. They replaced 3 of them (3,5 and 6). My concern is OK you fixed the bad injectors, but why did they fail in the first place.
Appreciate 0