E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Worst experience with PYSpeed.

12-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Worst experience with PYSpeed.

I haven't had a bad experience with any vendor up until I decided to pick up simple CF vinyl from the guys at PY. Months back I inquired about some products and they've manage to get back to me in a reasonable amount of time. My baby sister decides to order a roll of vinyl from them as a surprise birthday present for me but after several attempts she just gave up and gave me the money to purchase it for myself on her behalf. After a pm to their main email and several weeks without reply, I decided to send them a PM here on e90 and to no surprise, they failed to get back to me. Worst customer service ever experienced and I wouldn't even think about referring their business to anyone. To think that I'd support a local business... Big mistake.

EDIT

After looking up all green names associated with PY, I decided to send Sean (from PYSpeed) a message regarding my feedback letting him know my situation. He sent me back a PM within half an hour so and after exchanging some emails with him, I was told that Eric went on a business trip so he hasn't been checking/following up on his email periodically which I guess can explain the lack of communication. Perhaps this whole ordeal was just due to bad timing but I'll leave it up to the other members to decide. Please feel free to add onto my thread if you feel the need to chime in

Sorry for the long read but hopefully this provided something useful to assist others on their modding!

RE-EDIT

Spoke to Sean again and was given the greenlight to work this problem out. Final conclusion of PYSpeed is that at times they can be overwhelmed with inquiries and may take a while to get back to you but when everything is smooth, they can really take care of you. With that being said, I would like the community to know that it was still a bit irritating at first but because they've taken the initiative to right the "wrongs", I would say that respect for the company has gone back up and will possibly continue business with them. Thanks Sean for being so cool with the whole ordeal and your willingness to help me out.

Last edited by jvsxn; 12-15-2011 at 02:03 AM.. Reason: Follow up #2
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I would like to invite any customers who has had good experiences with this company to chime in. Of course I would like it to be fair and see what the potentials are of this company. Obviously I've yet to witness any for myself.
      12-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
boostd92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport

Garage List
Did either of you try giving them a call, or did you only email/message?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

I got most of my mod's from Eric. I never had a problem with Eric. They are local to us. Call Eric and go to his shop. He's very close to where you live and there are some very very cool cars there.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie295 View Post
I got most of my mod's from Eric. I never had a problem with Eric. They are local to us. Call Eric and go to his shop. He's very close to where you live and there are some very very cool cars there.
Yeah, their office is literally 5 minutes from my house but I'd like to at least schedule an appointment to come in but it'd help if they would actually get back to me. Isn't it just an office? I asked them a while back about pick-up and they told me that their warehouse is in SoCal and they don't have a stocked inventory at ClubAuto. I don't remember but they were pretty good with replies back then. Not sure what happened. Actually it's kinda funny because my friend's company valeted for an event at PY a couple days back and I was supposed to stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
Did either of you try giving them a call, or did you only email/message?
I believe my sister gave them a call but I haven't. I understand that a phone call is the best way to reach a person but I've left multiple emails on their business address as well as 2-3 on E90post.
      12-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yes, it's just an office. I tried looking for their phone number but I can't seem to find it. I just email Eric for you. Hopefully he will get back to you ASAP.

-COFFEE??????
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Sean got back to me and he explained the situation. Although I'm not going to remove the initial feedback, I will definitely and thoroughly revise it.
      12-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

That's good that they are taken care of you.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

i've heard that they take MONTHS to follow up on stuff. that's why i avoid buying directly from them unless i know shops that carry their products on hand at the time to buy. sorry to hear about the service :/
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #10
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

i've ordered twice from PYSpeed.....once for carbon fiber wrap....and another for wheel spacers........and i didn't experience any sort of problem either time. product was shipped and received promptly.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
KRUZNM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

i never had any problems with them either... i always deal with Eric and hes top notch!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #12
CMM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Ouch.
      03-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
AcExSpades
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: 11 MW E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
I've recently deal with Sean and his communication was excellent and speedy. Should be shipping soon
Appreciate 0