E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 09 iDrive TP info

03-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Dougie335
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

09 iDrive TP info

Hi,
Is there any way of selecting the radio station you want for Traffic Programme (TP) information? The manual suggests that the station with the strongest signal is selected. Am I right in saying the old iDrive gave you a choice of stations to pick from?

Dougie.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Dougie - hope you're loving the new new motor. 335i's rule says I.

The old Idrive was the usual TP on or TP off.

Same with the new system. I get about 10 different traffic news bulletins between 7.10 and 7.30 every day.

BUT.......The old i drive system gave the name of the TP station when it came up, so if in Manchester and 'BBC Merseyside' popped up, I just thumb the steering wheel button and cancel it.

The new system doesn't tell you who the particular TP is from, the audio just changes so you have to wait to listen if its relevant before cancelling it. (unless you know the jingles off by heart)

New i-drive - nil points.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Dougie335
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Thanks for that Doughboy,
It just seems to pick up on BBC Scotland all the time which reports on traffic situations north of Glasgow. I have never had it switch to any stations within Glasgow itself. I'll keep watching.

Dougie.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 05:05 AM   #4
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Dougie,

Done a bit more investigation on the TP issue.

Do you have DAB?

I have found that in DAB mode I only get vague national traffic news bulletins from Classic (not sure whether its Classic FM or Classic DAB?)

In FM mode I get all the usual local FM station traffic news.

The manual says nowt about it..........

PS is your NAV Traffic Info TMC service working? Mine didn't for 3 weeks, then sprung into life?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Dougie335
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Thanks for that Doughboy,
No I don't have DAB. I did get radio Clyde traffic news once when in the middle of Glasgow. So what the manual states as it using the strongest station must be right (see page 161). Can see their point but most of the traffic news as before is for the north of Scotland (Radio Scot).
As you state the traffic info was not available at the start and still isn't. Just says "traffic information not available at this time".

Dougie.
Appreciate 0