E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Tri-State Stealership Experiences

06-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #111
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
But hey, if you don't ask you don't receive! Yeah I went in to have my vanos solenoids replaced with dci and catless dps and they didn't make a peep. My guess is that they only start asking questions if you try to get major engine work covered...
Yea or if you leave the tune in
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #112
Greekstyle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' X7 40i

Quote:
Seems awfully sudden...but have you had the intake valves cleaned?
Never had them cleaned but I feel it is too sudden for that to have happened. It was on a lift for 2 days. Sometimes it idles and drives with minimal stutter and other times it just stumbles and misfires like no tomorrow. I think its low fuel pressure sensor if you ask me. Waiting for dealership to explain why they said to replace all injectors, plugs, and sensor and why I should pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #113
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekstyle View Post
Never had them cleaned but I feel it is too sudden for that to have happened. It was on a lift for 2 days. Sometimes it idles and drives with minimal stutter and other times it just stumbles and misfires like no tomorrow. I think its low fuel pressure sensor if you ask me. Waiting for dealership to explain why they said to replace all injectors, plugs, and sensor and why I should pay for it.
Hmmm, ok well keep us posted and GL.
      06-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #114
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well wound up having a terrible experience with BMW of greenwich service. They've had the car since monday and today they called saying all they've done is brakes and oil change. Before I brought it in the car was misfiring so i wrote that but they said they couldn't reproduce it. Stupidly enough i cleared the JB4 codes before removal. They replaced the spark plugs but then tried to blame the "hesitation during acceleration" (misfires) on my "aftermarket wheels." I kept trying to push them to also replace the injectors and coil packs to get rid of the misfires but they wouldn't. Really fed up at what got done in 4 days and i probably won't go there again. I'll be picking up the car tomorrow and putting in the JB4 and if i see another misfire code i'm just going to bring it to the white plains dealer with the JB4 still in.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #115
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
They replaced the spark plugs but then tried to blame the "hesitation during acceleration" (misfires) on my "aftermarket wheels." I kept trying to push them to also replace the injectors and coil packs to get rid of the misfires but they wouldn't.
The wheels?! I'd have laughed loudly enough for EVERY customer in the service area to hear. Did your car have the injector recall?
      06-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #116
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The wheels?! I'd have laughed loudly enough for EVERY customer in the service area to hear. Did your car have the injector recall?
It was actually absurd... Then he started complaining about the other aftermarket things like lights, intake, etc but he was quickly quiet after i mentioned the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act. How could i tell if it had the injector recall? I bought it used 2 months ago with 47k miles on it so I don't know much about the service history...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #117
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
It was actually absurd... Then he started complaining about the other aftermarket things like lights, intake, etc but he was quickly quiet after i mentioned the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act. How could i tell if it had the injector recall? I bought it used 2 months ago with 47k miles on it so I don't know much about the service history...
Magnusson Moss Warranty Act -- I'm gonna have to put that one to use
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #118
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Hahaha yea one of the guys at the shop i go to for my installs told me that one. I think it will get you out of almost everything except i still wouldn't bring the car in with a tune installed. The act basically just says if they want to void your warranty they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #119
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any dealer can run the vin and see the service history...it will show if the injector recall was done. So you bought the car without first looking at the service history?!
      06-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #120
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Any dealer can run the vin and see the service history...it will show if the injector recall was done. So you bought the car without first looking at the service history?!
Well i called and they said yes the HPFP recall was done but i didn't know about the injectors at the time... I just read some threads on it and saw that it was only for cars with production up to 08? My production was 03/09 so i assume i don't apply to the recall?

Also any ideas on how i can maybe produce the misfire? When i cleared codes with the JB4 and took it out i tried recreating it by going WOT in 2nd gear but i guess it never threw the code again... I'm considering waiting until i see it on the JB4 then bringing it in set to map 0. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #121
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well i called and they said yes the HPFP recall was done but i didn't know about the injectors at the time... I just read some threads on it and saw that it was only for cars with production up to 08? My production was 03/09 so i assume i don't apply to the recall?

Also any ideas on how i can maybe produce the misfire? When i cleared codes with the JB4 and took it out i tried recreating it by going WOT in 2nd gear but i guess it never threw the code again... I'm considering waiting until i see it on the JB4 then bringing it in set to map 0. Thoughts?
Ok, yeah I think the injector recall did only apply to certain model years. I would NOT advise you to bring the car in with the tune in. They're already pointing to your mods to get out of addressing the issues so they'll screw you over if they see it. Just clear the codes, take the tune out, and then wait till you get a code in the normal driving. Then you can just bring it in...
      06-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #122
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, yeah I think the injector recall did only apply to certain model years. I would NOT advise you to bring the car in with the tune in. They're already pointing to your mods to get out of addressing the issues so they'll screw you over if they see it. Just clear the codes, take the tune out, and then wait till you get a code in the normal driving. Then you can just bring it in...
Yea but i don't think the misfire will reproduce without the tune... I tried hard the weekend before bringing it in when it was stock but couldn't get it to throw a code
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #123
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea but i don't think the misfire will reproduce without the tune... I tried hard the weekend before bringing it in when it was stock but couldn't get it to throw a code
if there's an issue with the injectors then I would think it will happen again regardless...but you're mad at a dealer because they won't fix a problem under warranty that is caused by your tune that is aftermarket and outside the scope of the warranty? Hmmmm...
      06-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #124
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
if there's an issue with the injectors then I would think it will happen again regardless...but you're mad at a dealer because they won't fix a problem under warranty that is caused by your tune that is aftermarket and outside the scope of the warranty? Hmmmm...
well when you say it like that.... hahahaha i guess that's true i just thought they might do it in good faith to get the car running perfect.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #125
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
well when you say it like that.... hahahaha i guess that's true i just thought they might do it in good faith to get the car running perfect.
Haha, well not if they know you have a tune! Just take it to another dealership then.
      06-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #126
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha, well not if they know you have a tune! Just take it to another dealership then.
Well they don't know i have a tune now. I'm hoping the spark plugs fixed the misfires and everything is good and if not i'll probably get the valves cleaned since I think those should be done soon. If none of that solves it i'm gonna take out the tune and try to replicate the misfires stock then bring it in.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #127
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
I'm hoping the spark plugs fixed the misfires and everything is good.
I know your pain. I started running COBB Stage 2, worked fine after the install. 1st time I went to go out & "joyride", misfired & limped the VERY first time I went WOT. Replacing my plugs & ignition coils this weekend, praying it fixes everything so I can finally enjoy the mods.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #128
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well they don't know i have a tune now. I'm hoping the spark plugs fixed the misfires and everything is good and if not i'll probably get the valves cleaned since I think those should be done soon. If none of that solves it i'm gonna take out the tune and try to replicate the misfires stock then bring it in.
Sounds like a good plan!
      06-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #129
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know your pain. I started running COBB Stage 2, worked fine after the install. 1st time I went to go out & "joyride", misfired & limped the VERY first time I went WOT. Replacing my plugs & ignition coils this weekend, praying it fixes everything so I can finally enjoy the mods.
Hahaha i feel bad for you cause mine wasn't that bad... I just got the occasional hesitation while going WOT in 2nd gear. Sometimes i noticed it other times i didn't. Let me know if the plugs and coils fixes it for you
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #130
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well this sucks... So i get the car back and from what i can tell the plugs fixed the misfires although i don't know for sure until i put the JB4 back in. So i go to put the JB4 back in and find two things which annoy me... First is all the clips on my batter cable rail are broken. I assume the dealer did this when they were replacing the plugs. On top of that as soon as i have everything taken a part i see that the red power cable for the JB4 was cut off. I wanted to have the car tuned for tomorrow's drive up to the tint place and I also wanted to see if the misfires were gone.

On top of this BMW was supposed to fix my screeching brakes. They put that they found the wear sensors were the issue and replaced those and it seemed good until a few hours of driving. The brakes are now back to screeching although not as bad as before. Either way I asked for them to be fixed and they should have been fixed the first time around.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #131
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Well this sucks... So i get the car back and from what i can tell the plugs fixed the misfires although i don't know for sure until i put the JB4 back in. So i go to put the JB4 back in and find two things which annoy me... First is all the clips on my batter cable rail are broken. I assume the dealer did this when they were replacing the plugs. On top of that as soon as i have everything taken a part i see that the red power cable for the JB4 was cut off. I wanted to have the car tuned for tomorrow's drive up to the tint place and I also wanted to see if the misfires were gone.

On top of this BMW was supposed to fix my screeching brakes. They put that they found the wear sensors were the issue and replaced those and it seemed good until a few hours of driving. The brakes are now back to screeching although not as bad as before. Either way I asked for them to be fixed and they should have been fixed the first time around.
Yep, if that's my car I'd be going 0 to the minute I found out all that shit was broken. I actually need to replace the clips for my battery rail too (the clips are on the lower cowl, mine was self inflicted damage), so if you need the number for it let me know. But YEAAAA, the broken clips + cut cable would NOT fly.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #132
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep, if that's my car I'd be going 0 to the minute I found out all that shit was broken. I actually need to replace the clips for my battery rail too (the clips are on the lower cowl, mine was self inflicted damage), so if you need the number for it let me know. But YEAAAA, the broken clips + cut cable would NOT fly.
I'm actually extremely pissed. I really should not have had the shop uninstall the JB4 but i did thinking they'd make it look perfect and like it was never touched. This isn't the first time they've had a mess up with my car although the other time they fixed it for free so i didn't mind. I just don't get it and i'm starting to feel like i'm just extremely unlucky... They are an extremely reputable shop and work on tons of high end cars. I don't understand how this and my other incident could have happened....
Appreciate 0