E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 330i trick servicing with BMW warranty

09-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
moar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

E90 330i trick servicing with BMW warranty

Right I am about to have a 330i thats coming up to 60k and from what I can imagine an engine oil service.

Calling about etc it seems that 60k service consists of engine oil along with spark plugs, microfilters, air filters etc.

Now on the Idrive I would imagine it would just say do the engine oil service and then BMW tell you to do the rest?

Can you not just get the oil service done at bmw, get that stamped for 60k, then go to an indy to get the other plugs etc done and tell them not to stamp anything ?

Or would this void the warranty?

I assume the idrive doesn't actually tell you to do the spark plug or intake silencer etC?

Or am I trying to be to clever and am missing something ?

Obviously I don't want to avoid any warranty work.

The last guy had the servicing done at BMW and then he had the pads, discs and brake fluid done are Mercedes, however BMW told me this doesn't effect the warranty and it's fine./
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

The car will tell you.

If it is factory warranty then you can get it all done at an indy as long as you have receipts for genuine parts.
If it is the extended warranty then you have to use main dealer, this is part of your contract with the warranty company.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
moar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Oh I wasn't aware the idrive told you about spark plugs etc..

Dealer said this has to be key read to know what needs doing.
Appreciate 0