E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Finally Racing Brake Rear Rotors to be released - Group Buy !

06-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #23
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Had a LONG talk with Warren today. He showed me how much more involved the rear rotors are to make, since it's a true 3 piece design where an additional iron ring is inserted into the aluminum hub to retain the emergency brake capabilities. This is a very expensive piece of hardware from the breakdown he showed me.

Having said that. He's receptive to lowering the INITIAL GROUP BUY to $299 per rotor. This will only be offered to the first 10 buyers, although this is getting dangerously to his cost.

For $299 it'll last 2-3 times that of an OEM rotor, plus the rings cost about the same as a new factory rotor replacement AND will continue to last 2-3 times OEM life span. If this does go through you guys owe me, big time.
Guys, he's "receptive" to the pricing. We haven't iron out everything yet. So before you jump the gun and quote the $299 pricing, let me confirm with him to see if he's willing to go this low...Since it IS going to be very close to cost.

To clarify, last I talked to him I brought up the $299 pricing after we looked over the cost of development and manufacturing. He sent me an email yesterday asking if I can meet with him this week to go over some other stuff. We'll get the price nailed down for sure then.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #24
Centex Hokie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

This is the pricing that is on page 2 of the Racing Brake thread from Racing Brake

Quote:
This is only a sign up call, so there is no commitment on your part until ready for order when we have enough people.

However we just posted up the item so you can get an idea of the cost.
http://www.racingbrake.com/CTS_V_Rea...159-381-01.htm

We will offer a 25% discount for pre-orders so your net cost will be $357.73

For any new customers who also like to order the front at the same time we would offer a 15% discount on the front so the net cost will be $382.47

We also offer a 15% discount for purchasing the accessories with the order:

Brake Pads (ET series only - any compounds)
Brake Lines
Wheel Studs conversion kit
Brake Fluids
If you guys can negotiate a better price I'm all for it, but that is what is published so that gives you an idea on the pricing. Now we just pull for the Hack to lower it. Go The Hack. I missed the Group Buy for the front rotors, but am extremely happy with them even at regular price.
CPO Sparkling Graphite 335i Convertible -|- Premium -|- CA -|- Heated Seats/Steering Wheel -|- Sport Package -|- Navigation -|- Logic7 -|-Installed -|- ModMyNav Backup Camera -|- XM Radio -|- Racing Brake 2 Piece Rotors w/ET500 -|- Injen SP-Series Cold Air Intake -| - M3 Replica from Modprojekt-| - Cobb Accessport-| - ETS FMIC -|

Last edited by Centex Hokie; 06-22-2011 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #25
ian2002525
台灣 台北市
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 GT-R Premium

Garage List
2011 335i coupe  [9.00]
so how much is the group buy if i buy a full set?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #26
Centex Hokie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2002525 View Post
so how much is the group buy if i buy a full set?
The official group buy was closed in July. We are told that the brakes will be sent for those who signed up for it and placed our orders in October. I'd call Warren and see what he could do.

Good luck.
CPO Sparkling Graphite 335i Convertible -|- Premium -|- CA -|- Heated Seats/Steering Wheel -|- Sport Package -|- Navigation -|- Logic7 -|-Installed -|- ModMyNav Backup Camera -|- XM Radio -|- Racing Brake 2 Piece Rotors w/ET500 -|- Injen SP-Series Cold Air Intake -| - M3 Replica from Modprojekt-| - Cobb Accessport-| - ETS FMIC -|
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #27
neoduffer
Fast In, Slow Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
These should be shipping very soon. I stopped by RB for them to check fitment on my 330i. Since the 330i rear brakes are identical to the 335i rear brakes, they are signing off to release for shipment. The look pretty nice and are quite light. I hope you guys enjoy them at the track. Cheers.
      11-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #28
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoduffer View Post
These should be shipping very soon. I stopped by RB for them to check fitment on my 330i. Since the 330i rear brakes are identical to the 335i rear brakes, they are signing off to release for shipment. The look pretty nice and are quite light. I hope you guys enjoy them at the track. Cheers.
When did this happen?

I never got the prices for the group buy, I thought this wasn't happening.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #29
Centex Hokie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks - Mine Shipped today

I got notice that they shipped today. Looking forward to seeing how they do with the ET500's on my 335i.
Appreciate 0