E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Big Mod Project - Molding ACS Kit & Lots More - NEED ADVICE

12-11-2011, 04:10 AM   #1
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Big Mod Project - Molding ACS Kit & Lots More - NEED ADVICE

Hi All,

First thing I should say I have an addictive personality. Never been the ganga or anything like that but mainly hobbies. Since I bought this e90 like 6 months ago I have been obsessing with modding it. This is how it began.

Then I did some minor things like blacklines and rims.

I moved up a little here is where we are as of tonight.

I have a CSL style CF trunk. A carbon8 hood with vents. ACS rep front lip and rear valance. I will be molding the lip and the rear valance into the bumpers. I might do the sides too but it depends if I can get a good price on them. Anyways, tonight I test fitted the parts and this is what I came up with.

All the lines are good but one side seems like its just a few mm short. There is a slight warp in the rear valance for some reason. I am not sure if sanding would fit my problem or should I heat the piece up to straighten it out and hopefully give me the few mm's I need?

Also, the front. There is a hole for a screw but it doesn't line up with anything. Also, the one side doesn't doesn't fit unless I apply a little force to pop it into place. Lastly, one pillar has nothing to attach to and it's like it is floating. My plan is to screw the lip to the bumper and use fusor products to mold it in. My only question is should I use some type of plastic screws so that I can apply fusor over them to hide them or would metal screws be fine? I really want no seams/screws on these parts.

Lastly, the vents on the hood don't sit right with me. It rains too much here and the vent is right above the headlight wiring. Isn't water in the engine bay going to harm something? I need a quick fix on how to plug the vents until I can fiberglass them or find a more durable solution. Any pointers on this project of mine would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

any advice guys?
Appreciate 0