E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

08-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #397
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old school salesman View Post
I still don't understand why you started the thread and I've read right through all of the problems people have experienced but not yours?
My problem is with people posting fake reviews about their own company, whilst masquerading as a 'normal' member of the public.

And as people have said, I didn't start the thread.

If your question is a roundabout sort of way of asking 'why am I involved in this thread', the answer is the first sentence of this post.

The most pertinent question still remains - is the person with the double account going to PM me to explain why he/she has opened two accounts to post on the same thread? Or should I just do as I have done in the past and ban all and sundry?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #398
Ant-E90msport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325d Black Sapphire

Quote:
Or should I just do as I have done in the past and ban all and sundry?
      08-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #399
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thumbs up Thank you!

Was there today looking for a 335i M convertible, shown two none Ms and told that they were the same as the M since they had sports seats and wheels.

Was an odd experience very evasive about taking for a test drive and would only do it once we had discussed finances. Went for a test drive that lasted all of 5 mins. Walked away as I was unsure about the place and googled it low and behold this thread came up.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #400
jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtic View Post
Was there today looking for a 335i M convertible, shown two none Ms and told that they were the same as the M since they had sports seats and wheels.

Was an odd experience very evasive about taking for a test drive and would only do it once we had discussed finances. Went for a test drive that lasted all of 5 mins. Walked away as I was unsure about the place and googled it low and behold this thread came up.
Shame you weren't able to Google them before you wasted your time!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:42 AM   #401
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

What's even more amazing is that they are obviously aware of this thread and what customers think - as you only have to look at their pathetic attempts to join the thread as a really satisfied customer.

It's a shame they don't try and change their trading practices.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #402
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbmw View Post
Shame you weren't able to Google them before you wasted your time!
Local, but yes I should have googled first. They appeared such a big operation that I assumed they would be okay...

Will have to wait till next year for my 3 series as I have decided to stick with the franchise dealers...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #403
jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtic View Post
Local, but yes I should have googled first. They appeared such a big operation that I assumed they would be okay...

Will have to wait till next year for my 3 series as I have decided to stick with the franchise dealers...
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #404
Steve748
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander

Good to see this thread about Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 is as popular as ever!

I am very surprised that Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 are still in business.

It is about time somebody got in touch with Rogue Traders Matt Alwright at the BBC about Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4 or maybe they already know about Big Motoring World Group, selling Second hand used BMWs, for sale in Kent, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X3 M3 Z3 Z4

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 03:14 PM   #405
rlaffey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e mSport+

Hi everyone......first of all as this is my first post i don't work for these guys !!!

I went over to the UK 2 weeks ago to get a 520d mSport. These guys had one I liked and well specced. I had plenty calls back and forth with the sales guy I dealt with and placed a deposit over the phone.

They picked me up from the local train station (after 25 mins waiting for them !) but once I got there I took the car for a test drive and all was in order. They had everything ready and I was on my way with a half hour of arriving there.

I found the sales process very efficient in fairness to them and they handed out 3 other cars while I was there.

The car however could have been cleaner on the outside. It was parked under some tress so there was some sap etc. on it nothing a good car wash wouldn't solve. I had gotten some very detailed pics from the salesman of the car (separate to the website ones) and there was a stain on the driver seat. They told me they would try and clean it but this wasn't done. As it happens it was the flash on the camera that had high lighted it and you wouldn't even see it in person.

Overall I found them good to deal with, I mentioned this website and was told that they already confirmed some of the posts as those of rival dealers.....don't worry I didn't fall for that one !

I can see why people see it as a shady operation, all the cars are our doors, the servicing "shed" looks like a back street mechanics and their handover office is a portacabin. I've no idea where the sales guys were !

Anyway that's my opinions on them, I got my car for about 2 grand less than lesser spec'd cars from other dealers (not even main delaers) though the mileage was a little higher (60k). 2 weeks in the car is perfect with no issues and now that I got it properly cleaned is in immaculate condition.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 03:19 PM   #406
DrunkenMonkey
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90 335ise

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #407
jwbmw
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Some people have the brains of a slug
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #408
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffey View Post
Hi everyone......first of all as this is my first post i don't work for these guys !!!

I went over to the UK 2 weeks ago to get a 520d mSport. These guys had one I liked and well specced. I had plenty calls back and forth with the sales guy I dealt with and placed a deposit over the phone.

They picked me up from the local train station (after 25 mins waiting for them !) but once I got there I took the car for a test drive and all was in order. They had everything ready and I was on my way with a half hour of arriving there.

I found the sales process very efficient in fairness to them and they handed out 3 other cars while I was there.

The car however could have been cleaner on the outside. It was parked under some tress so there was some sap etc. on it nothing a good car wash wouldn't solve. I had gotten some very detailed pics from the salesman of the car (separate to the website ones) and there was a stain on the driver seat. They told me they would try and clean it but this wasn't done. As it happens it was the flash on the camera that had high lighted it and you wouldn't even see it in person.

Overall I found them good to deal with, I mentioned this website and was told that they already confirmed some of the posts as those of rival dealers.....don't worry I didn't fall for that one !

I can see why people see it as a shady operation, all the cars are our doors, the servicing "shed" looks like a back street mechanics and their handover office is a portacabin. I've no idea where the sales guys were !

Anyway that's my opinions on them, I got my car for about 2 grand less than lesser spec'd cars from other dealers (not even main delaers) though the mileage was a little higher (60k). 2 weeks in the car is perfect with no issues and now that I got it properly cleaned is in immaculate condition.
Ok, let's say your post is genuine - welcome to the E90post forum.

I still have some questions...

Why register on this forum if you're driving a 520d.
And why register just so that you can post positively on this thread? It isn't normal for people to search out a company via a Google search and defend them, unless there is a personal connection.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 03:25 PM   #409
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I'm trying to work out why you would bother joining this 3 series forum just to tell us about your five series purchase. Why would you?

Also, would you really take the risk of coming over from Galway when their reputation for advertising nice spec'd cars which disappear when you turn up, is well known and has been repeated here quite a lot?

And would you, rather than portray them as perfect, come up with such innocuous "faults" that no one would really be bothered by?

Even if your story is 100% genuine, it isn't going to change the opinion of the readers and members here, by one tiny ba' hair.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #410
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Quote:
I got my car for about 2 grand less than lesser spec'd cars from other dealers (not even main delaers) though the mileage was a little higher (60k).
Er, yes, thats why it was cheaper, a higher milegae -- DOH!

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #411
Swiller
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:

I placed a deposit over the phone.
They had everything ready and I was on my way with a half hour of arriving there.

I found the sales process very efficient.

there was a stain on the driver seat. They told me they would try and clean it but this wasn't done.

2 weeks in the car is perfect with no issues and now that I got it properly cleaned is in immaculate condition.
In essence, they have sold you a car with shit stains on it, that they couldn't ge arsed to clean, the reason why you were dealth with efficiently is cos they wanted your money asap before you changed you mind. 2 weeks in you don't know whether the car is good or bad tbh. I assume you mean that having everything ready is having the keys, as opposed to cleaning the jizz of the seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #412
rlaffey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Ok, let's say your post is genuine - welcome to the E90post forum.

I still have some questions...

Why register on this forum if you're driving a 520d.
And why register just so that you can post positively on this thread? It isn't normal for people to search out a company via a Google search and defend them, unless there is a personal connection.
1 - because this is the only site I had found a review of them
2 - Just thought I'd weigh in on the other side of argument, I'm sure people have had bad experiences of them mine wasn't perfect but it wasn't as bad as other posters on here.

I've had my fair share of horror stories with other dealers over here too and believe it or not I've found main dealers to be worse than independant garages (in Ireland at least customer service isn't top of their lists)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #413
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Laughing my tits off at these award winners
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #414
rlaffey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
I'm trying to work out why you would bother joining this 3 series forum just to tell us about your five series purchase. Why would you?

Also, would you really take the risk of coming over from Galway when their reputation for advertising nice spec'd cars which disappear when you turn up, is well known and has been repeated here quite a lot?

And would you, rather than portray them as perfect, come up with such innocuous "faults" that no one would really be bothered by?

Even if your story is 100% genuine, it isn't going to change the opinion of the readers and members here, by one tiny ba' hair.
I'm not trying to change anyones opinions, just stating my experience. I understand this isn't a site for 5 series owners but it's also the only site that had a review of them. For a saving of over 9000 euro over buying a similar car over here (including our rip off vehicle registration tax) it was worth the risk to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #415
rlaffey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
Er, yes, thats why it was cheaper, a higher milegae -- DOH!

15k miles more.......well worth a 2k saving to me
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #416
rlaffey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiller View Post
In essence, they have sold you a car with shit stains on it, that they couldn't ge arsed to clean, the reason why you were dealth with efficiently is cos they wanted your money asap before you changed you mind. 2 weeks in you don't know whether the car is good or bad tbh. I assume you mean that having everything ready is having the keys, as opposed to cleaning the jizz of the seats.
You're completely right, doesn't every garage want your money?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #417
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

lets see some evidence then to put everyone in their place and we'll eat a big slice of humble pie
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #418
rlaffey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
lets see some evidence then to put everyone in their place and we'll eat a big slice of humble pie
what evidence do you want?
Appreciate 0