E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Anyone had to give up a BMW for a lesser car because of budget issues?

Closed Thread

07-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
slingxshot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 528i xDrive

Anyone had to give up a BMW for a lesser car because of budget issues?

How did you handle that? Was it difficult?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

this just happened to me in a way. i took my car to this fuckin dealership and because they were backed up and have to hold my car for almost a week they had to give me a loner. and they gave me a piece of shit chevy malibu. if i wanted to drive a piece of shit american car i would have bought one.i have to deal with this for almost a week so i can imagine how it would feel to actually have to get rid of the car because of budget issue. fuckin dealership pissed me the fuck off how are they not gunna have a bmw loaner to give me?!?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
supLOL
Banned
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" E89 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin
this just happened to me in a way. i took my car to this fuckin dealership and because they were backed up and have to hold my car for almost a week they had to give me a loner. and they gave me a piece of shit chevy malibu. if i wanted to drive a piece of shit american car i would have bought one.i have to deal with this for almost a week so i can imagine how it would feel to actually have to get rid of the car because of budget issue. fuckin dealership pissed me the fuck off how are they not gunna have a bmw loaner to give me?!?
You need to calm down. There are plenty of people out there who can only afford a "piece of shit" Chevy Malibu and they do just fine. Stop being such a pretentious douchebag.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 335i M Sport AW

Lmao. Adding to the stigma of douchebag BMW drivers. 1st World Problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
e90inAZ
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by supLOL View Post
You need to calm down. There are plenty of people out there who can only afford a "piece of shit" Chevy Malibu and they do just fine. Stop being such a pretentious douchebag.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Grendeltouring
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E91 M-sport/manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMerrisK View Post
Lmao. Adding to the stigma of douchebag BMW drivers. 1st World Problems.
I've actually never received a "loner" from a BMW dealership, that sounds like an incredible level of customer service .

I also love the mentality of being entitled to a BMW loaner when bringing a nearly 5-year-old 3 series in for service...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
Like wow... I hope you never fall on hard times, because I think you would just jump off a bridge. I usually move up in rides, but I like simple low tech cars as much as I can appreciate fancy high tech ones too.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
I was hit by a charter bus last year in November, and I was stuck with a rental car for over a month. There was something special that caught my eye at the rental fleet, and I drove off the lot in a 2013 Techno PINK Chevy Spark. I'm not gonna lie. I actually had a surprisingly good experience with that car. It's cheap, space efficient, easy on gas, has 4 doors, and surprisingly fun to drive. I'd even say the steering in that car feels better than an F30 haha. I kind of miss that quirky car. We'd get a good laugh of having 4 adult men climb out of a tiny pink car. I have no qualms with recommending it. Just get it with a stick shift.

Last edited by i dunno; 07-19-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Like wow... I hope you never fall on hard times, because I think you would just jump off a bridge. I usually move up in rides, but I like simple low tech cars as much as I can appreciate fancy high tech ones too.
i pray to to god that i never fall on hard times either. i have always upgraded in cars as well. from 2 hondas to an infiniti now to my bimmer and this is bull shit that they would give me that shit as a loaner i am disgusted with that dealership just called bmw america and filed a complaint.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

swapped the car... no worries at all.

bmw is like a trophy wife that cheats in the service department.

she's always home for you... but when your at work she's getting fucked with in the service department on your dime.

ppp

[ Jazzy Jeff on the phone ]
Hello?
Yeah, I talked to him
Whoa, whoa..
Nah, you ain't got to explain nothin to me
See, you tried to play my man and end up playin yourself
Later for you
Nah, matter of fact later for you
And your golddiggin emblem you put me down with)

(Thought I was a donut)(3x)
(Tried to glaze me)
(Thought I was a donut)(3x)
(Thought I was a donut, you tried to glaze me)--> Rakim

[ VERSE 1: The Fresh Prince ]
This story that I'm about to tell ya
Is all about this bmw named Jayne
3600lbs, an automotive queen
With steel all over that flowed like a stream
I met her in a dealer on a Saturday night
The bmw lines were tight and I got hype
I thought about driving this little miss
But I kept seen guy after guy gettin dissed
Every guy that tried got flagged
But somethin kept sayin (you) (you) (you bad)
I walked up and asked the salesman to take a ride
I whispered in his ear, said, "My credit is A+"
At first he laughed and said, "Nah, not yet"
Then I told him it's a 'trust fund and he said "bet"
"Under one condition: you gotta let sell it"
he tossed me on the keys and I said (you got it)

(You got it)

[ VERSE 2: The Fresh Prince ]
Oh what sweet music she and I made
Only I was gettin dissed while she it gettin fixed
Everything that I owned, she took it
All the way down to my foodstamp booklets
I was contemplatin her bein my car and
All it was tryin to do was syfin
Every single dime that she could extort
She was Jane the Ripper, and she couldn't be caught
My friends tried to tell me but I stood behind her
(The car ain't nothin but a 49er)
They tried to tell me but I couldn't be told
Because her beauty was a shovel that was diggin for gold
rims and tires, I spent all I had
And took her shoppin every day at bavmotor werks.
Visa, Mastercard and even Discover
It told me this is the way that I can show her I love her
My friends tried talkin to me, they tried stoppin me
(If it had my credit card they'd arrest it for robbery!)
I knew it was playin me for every dime
But I loved when people said (Homes, your BMW is fine)
But then one day, yo, I got wise
I found out she was messin with a couple of faults
it told me that she loved me but I guess she forgot it
Oh, you wanna play hardball, huh? (You got it)

(You got it)

too bad I gotta run
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX

Last edited by Potty_Pants; 07-19-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

It's only a car, I am simply fortunate enough to be able to afford one- at this point in time.
If I had to give it all up tomorrow, I would live- maybe even live better.

Be blessed and fortunate for the things you have people- the cemetery is filled with unfortunate souls who never got to see today.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Quote:
i pray to to god that i never fall on hard times either. i have always upgraded in cars as well. from 2 hondas to an infiniti now to my bimmer and this is bull shit that they would give me that shit as a loaner i am disgusted with that dealership just called bmw america and filed a complaint.
You're making it sound like they kicked your puppy. You got a less than desireable loaner, big freaking deal. Do you know what I got the last time I was at the dealer? A ride in their 2011 Dodge Caravan back to my house. I was irritated, but I didn't pop a vein over it.
      07-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
I hear ya, but its nothing to be worked up about (your internet typing tone just oozes a lot of frustration like this --> ). Personally, I see this as more of an individual dealership issue and nothing more. I personally would just take my business else where OR kindly refuse service on that day and ask to be re-scheduled for an appointment when a BMW loaner can be made available.

BMW only claims that a loaner will be made available WITH an appointment, so technically they held up their part of the bargain? then again... I've heard on these forums where a guy in his 328 brings his car in for service and drives out in a new 650 GC as a loaner (I need to find out which dealership has these kinda rides as loaners and start going to them).

Last edited by fazman; 07-19-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i dnt give a fuck what the next person can or cant afford i was blessed enough to be able to afford what i cant and i honestly thank god everday for those blessing but that doesnt mean that i have to be happy about this
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
supLOL
Banned
Rep

You guys, he's a troll. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Either that, or he's a douchebag who think his '09 335i makes him better than everyone else.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
I hear ya, but its nothing to be worked up about (your internet typing tone just oozes a lot of frustration like this --> ). Personally, I see this as more of an individual dealership issue and nothing more. I personally would just take my business else where OR kindly refuse service on that day and ask to be re-scheduled for an appoint when a BMW loaner can be made available.

BMW only claims that a loaner will be made available WITH an appointment, so technically they held up their part of the bargain? then again... I've heard on these forums where a guy in his 328 brings his car in for service and drives out in a new 650 GC as a loaner (I need to find out which dealership has these kinda rides as loaners and start going to them).
lol i def would like to know what dealer he went to also may i can walk out the door in an m5. lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #17
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPig View Post
You're making it sound like they kicked your puppy. You got a less than desireable loaner, big freaking deal. Do you know what I got the last time I was at the dealer? A ride in their 2011 Dodge Caravan back to my house. I was irritated, but I didn't pop a vein over it.
hahaha lol look at the bright side u were being chauferred
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
e90inAZ
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 S1000RR

Quote:
i dnt give a fuck what the next person can or cant afford i was blessed enough to be able to afford what i cant and i honestly thank god everday for those blessing but that doesnt mean that i have to be happy about this
I wouldn't be surprised if that "POS" Malibu has a higher blue book value than your 09 335i! Mine as well, but I'm not complaing
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You guys, he's a troll. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Either that, or he's a douchebag who think his '09 335i makes him better than everyone else.
no not a troll nor do i think a piece of metal make me better than anyone because at the end of the day im a person just like anyone. i may be spoiled but i would never think a car makes me better than anyone
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90inAZ View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if that "POS" Malibu has a higher blue book value than your 09 335i! Mine as well, but I'm not complaing
lol nor would i they did give me a 2013
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #21
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Quote:
hahaha lol look at the bright side u were being chauferred
The guy was a good hour late picking me up, too. The whole day was a wash (literally. It was raining); an oil change and sofware update that was supposed to be 3 hours turned into 8.
      07-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #22
supLOL
Banned
Rep

I'm spoiled too. Doesn't mean I have to be a douchebag about it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread