E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > M Sport Package

05-30-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P. Panorama 10, L Gallardo 05

M Sport Package

Hey guys,

I moved from Canada to Hong Kong, and have been visiting the dealership in central ish? (I still haven't gotten the landmarks down...) But anyway, I asked the people at the dealership, and they were quoting the prices and what not.. but unlike Canada, it seems to be packaged... already... like it has rear parking sensor auto climate control and what not... but when I asked him about the M sport package... they thought I wanted the M3... when I was thinking about the 335 sedan or coupe... (probably sedan). Do they not know about the M sport package? Or do they even have packages here? I looked at the lowest end - 320i, and that has automatic transmission included... WTF? How does buying BMW work here? I want a manual 335 with M sport package.... they dont know what it is?

please help! (or I am just going to fly to england and get and european delivery (my own style))
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
kintakun
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Of course you can order a manual 335 with M sport package from BMW HK. But you have to wait for approx. 3 months for the delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep

mmm, thanks mate, I phoned the sales manager, and he said tthe wait is even longer... 6 months ish...
but in Hong Kong you rarely find people with M sport packages for anything... 5 series/3 series... new old... they are all just... stock... or ridiculously modded..

but thanks anyway
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
whiteboard
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Black/Black

Hi Alex,

When u said M sport package, do u mean the whole package with body kits, suspension and wheels? I dont think many people in HK will purchase that as the whole package costs $65k (I recall my old memory, if not at least something similar and the bottom line is costly) back in 2005 when I purchase my E90 330i. Even by the time I purchase my 335i in 2008, they still wont sell it separately and I just think they have used a very wrong marketing strategy and is a total rip off to me as the lower springs and 18" rims are just not good enough for that value. It will be far better off if you spend the same amount in after market parts. Another thing I dont understand is that the standard wheel size in 335 is already 18", why spend more for the same size?

I agreed that the sales and even the people who work in BMW HK are not very professional and helpful sometimes. I still remember when I purchase my 335i back in 2008 when it was newly launched, there was something wrong on the option price list to me. It stated that the M sport package for 335i came with 17" rims and obviously in that case both the rims & tires will be smaller than the standard. My salesman and his colleagues think thats correctly stated and even after he made a few phone calls to the office, all of them think thats correct! Wait a min, who will pay more for less in return??? To me they have used the wrong temple and update the list for 335i, it is more reasonable for 320i/325i to upgrade from 16" standard to 17". Anyways at the end, I just bot the M Tech body kits for $16k from after market ...
2008 E90 335i / Black in black / PROcede (Professional) / M aerodynamic package with Hamann front spoilers, rear diffuser & roof spoiler / M3 mirrors / vented hood / 19" BBS LM-R + Pilot super sport / Alcon brake kit 6F/4R / Bilstein PSS10 / H&R sway bars / Front tower bar / Quaife LSD / GruppeM airbox / Forge DV / Okada ignition coils / AR Design turbo downpipes with race cats, Supersprint connecting pipes, X pipes and Hamann rear muffler / Spearco intercooler / modified oil cooler
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep

yo!

Yah I was looking for a M Aerodynamic package (the same ones that they offer in the UK and the US and bascially everywhere except here). The cars here don't have options, I asked about the bodykit and the new M wheels, and apparently, he said, that the M wheels you can get, but installation is extra... (what the hell? I have owned 3 BMWs and I have never been charged when I bought a new car for installation of the wheels) But this is Hong Kong so I don't know. I really like the new M kit, it's the same thing when I fell in love with the E46 330Ci M Sport. It's an awesome kit, a little bit more horespower and what not. Here, it seems they know nothing about the M kit, I asked if they can just order one from the UK and they said the UK cars are inherently different. How? How is it inherently different?

I am a little annoyed with BMWHK before I even have a BMW in HK. I think I am just going to get second hand from UK (they don't sell new cars to overseas people), and import it here.

Oh yeah, when I asked for paddle shifters, they had no idea it was available on the 330, and said it was only for the 335 and nothing else. Really............................, funny how I use the BMW US site to get a print out of the options and they looked stunned when they saw it...

Anyone from the North America here?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
whiteboard
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Black/Black

I am from Canada too, I went to Toronto for 10 years and have owned 3 bimmers during the time span. To be honest I think their selling strategies are pretty much the same to me, they all start with standard and put everything on options. I think in HK is kind of different than North America coz the gov tax is so high that the all dealers will try to keep the standard price as low as possible in order to attract customers. As you will pay double for any option as the tax in HK is 100%.

The M kit, you can get easily order from any shops in HK for $16-17k. I dont know how much the M rims cost but am sure you can get from after market too or even order online from US.

I owned an E90 330 before, the gearbox is totally different than the 335. The one in 335 has a quicker response, like the E46 SMG1 and paddle shift will come with standard if you buy 335. Dont think they will have this option on 330 in HK!

To be honest, I dont suggest you to order any option from dealers except those Keyless go, sport seats or M steering wheel thing. For performance & look like rims, body kits, suspension ... I strongly recommend you to go to after market which can give you more varieties, cooler look and better value!

In HK one thing you have to bear in mind is that import car doesnt have good resell value unless you are buying japanese cars or brand new import. If not, it doesnt worth it to me! Also as the dollar slumps lately, I dont see much beneift of buying from oversea.

If you need any local contact, do let us know, am sure can help out.
2008 E90 335i / Black in black / PROcede (Professional) / M aerodynamic package with Hamann front spoilers, rear diffuser & roof spoiler / M3 mirrors / vented hood / 19" BBS LM-R + Pilot super sport / Alcon brake kit 6F/4R / Bilstein PSS10 / H&R sway bars / Front tower bar / Quaife LSD / GruppeM airbox / Forge DV / Okada ignition coils / AR Design turbo downpipes with race cats, Supersprint connecting pipes, X pipes and Hamann rear muffler / Spearco intercooler / modified oil cooler

Last edited by whiteboard; 06-04-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
JCC
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e93 323i

Garage List
08 E93  [0.00]
BMWHK has M package (front & rear spoilers plus side skirts) on sale now for about HK$16K
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep

the M package is not really an M package in Hong Kong... the M package conventionally has a bit more horsepower (from the E46 330Ci 2005 model) OR at least has a different gearbox (Canada offers the double clutch gearbox) + the body kit + M sport mode + the M steering wheel. in Hong Kong... the M package are 2 bumpers...

So... I think I will go with what whiteboard said... buy a stock car except for sport seats and M steering wheel, comfort access and buy the kit somewhere else.

By the way, in US/CA they have what is called the cold weather package which gives heated seats and 60/40 backseats, do they have soemthing similar in Hong Kong (minus the heated seats... don't need those)
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
JW-Tuning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexckma View Post
the M package is not really an M package in Hong Kong... the M package conventionally has a bit more horsepower (from the E46 330Ci 2005 model) OR at least has a different gearbox (Canada offers the double clutch gearbox) + the body kit + M sport mode + the M steering wheel. in Hong Kong... the M package are 2 bumpers...

So... I think I will go with what whiteboard said... buy a stock car except for sport seats and M steering wheel, comfort access and buy the kit somewhere else.

By the way, in US/CA they have what is called the cold weather package which gives heated seats and 60/40 backseats, do they have soemthing similar in Hong Kong (minus the heated seats... don't need those)
yo.. i don't think you need this butt heating thing in Hk..it's friggin hot!!! you need the hot weather package! haha.. i know they have this option for Benz where they have the ventilated fan for your neck near.....
Appreciate 0