E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > I turn off my radio using NCS Expert

12-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
ramirojusto
Rep
Drives: M3

I turn off my radio using NCS Expert

Hi,

I bought an E90 M3 when I was living in Mexico and then I decided to brought it back to Europe with me. Since my radio wasn't able to receive even frequencies, I decided to reprogram the car with NCS Expert. However, something went during the coding because in the beginning I was able to get the even frequencies by modifying the CAPPL and CTUNES to change the radio settings form US to ECE, and by deleting the option 645 RADIO CONTROL US from my VO. However, next day when I turned my car on back again, the options for AM / FM appeared greyed in the CCC screen, so I'm still not able to choose them. Someone suggested me to add the option 645 RADIO CONTROL US to my VO again, so I did it and nothing changed. Could you help me with this? Is there something I missing?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 03:19 AM   #2
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Where are you in Europe? When I changed mine from us to ece I only did it in the CIC but from whet I hear, to code a non CIC radio you will need Icom.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0