E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > An Update To My Vishnu/FFTEC VFF 700 Single Turbo With *New* ProcedeFlash

09-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

An Update To My Vishnu/FFTEC VFF 700 Single Turbo With *New* ProcedeFlash

One thing that I have always felt was important is to continue to work to improve your product no matter how good it is. Vishnu/FFTEC informed me that they have made some improvements to the ProcedeFlash, so I sent them my DME this week to upgrade it. They turned the DME and got it back to me within one day to minimize the impact. Today, I finally got to drive the car with the new firmware and ProcedeFlash, so I thought this was a good time for an update.

I always log updates first thing so I know what is going on with my car. As I see it, making sure the car is happy is critical. Let me jump right in and show you those logs... note in log 1 I ran the car at 21 psi to test things and in log 2 I pushed the boost back to 23 psi. MAP2 is boost as read from my AEM 3.5 bar sensor.

When I got done with the logs, the first thing I noticed was Vishnu/FFTEC clearly made some adjustments with fueling because my trims are now around 9% max at redline. I am amazed, but this fuel system definitely has a lot left in it! Shiv really has massaged this fuel system and has everything dialed in for a lot of power.

You will also notice a very refined boost control that is very, very smooth from peak boost to redline. Shiv has the boost control dialed in incredibly at this point. The car hits the commanded targets and stays spot on. It feels like Shiv has suceeded in making more power in the mid levels on the car. Prior to the update, it felt more like the boost ramped up a bit toward redline, but now it is a table top.

From a driveability standpoint, I wish I knew exactly what they are doing with the Procede / Flash to explain, but the car feels a bit snappier into boost now. It feels like my car builds boost a little quicker. It is just a bit quicker responding car than before and I felt before it was incredible how quick the car responded to my input.

The truth of the matter is Vishnu/FFTEC had my car dialed in incredibly well before the update, but it feels even a bit more bullish now. The mid rpm is the most noticeable area where the power has increased. The boost control is amazing with the new update too! I think this should put to rest whether our fuel system is maxed at this power level because the trims prove there is a lot left in this fuel system. I am interested to see the fuel system upgrade the Vishnu is planning to release and I will upgrade as soon as possible.
      09-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Nice. With that timing curve and 23 lbs of boost on the 62mm, that thing has to be pulling like a beast.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Oh snap! I need to get updated.
      09-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

So you had to pay $100 again for the update?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
I highly doubt it man lol.
      09-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
Since my car was really the first, we kind of knew there would need to be updates. I paid for shipping both ways.
      09-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Nice, when are you going to take it to the dragstrip?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Makes having my 328i more depressing.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
Oh snap! I need to get updated.
Nope. You have all the updates already. This only really applies to FBIS since he did the single turbo conversion a while back
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
MM Performance
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Cp TiAg 6AT

meth flow at 70! thats a pretty good amount of meth. According to Shiv's "datalog channels v5.2" doc 30% equates to 900 cc/min and 40% equates to 1200cc/min so does that mean that 70% equates to 2100 cc/min?? Another interesting bit is what looks like a timing event before you let off at the 6.9 sec mark. Is that anything to be concerned about? It would be good to see you IATs, can you post up your CSV file? I would like to check it out in virtual dyno also just for fun

setup looks sick, definitely seems like you can run more boost with the extra fuel headroom. why not dial up the boost more?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
SneakyDeeky
driver mod in progress
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both feet

Garage List
2015 VW Golf R  [5.50]
2014 Audi SQ5  [10.00]
Impressive! Tip of the hat to Shiv, OP, and this forum for pushing the limit on the N54. The single turbo kit is a game changer.
      09-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Nope. You have all the updates already. This only really applies to FBIS since he did the single turbo conversion a while back
Ah good. I can't let FBIS have something I don't
      10-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #13
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
One thing that I have always felt was important is to continue to work to improve your product no matter how good it is. Vishnu/FFTEC informed me that they have made some improvements to the ProcedeFlash, so I sent them my DME this week to upgrade it. They turned the DME and got it back to me within one day to minimize the impact. Today, I finally got to drive the car with the new firmware and ProcedeFlash, so I thought this was a good time for an update.

I always log updates first thing so I know what is going on with my car. As I see it, making sure the car is happy is critical. Let me jump right in and show you those logs... note in log 1 I ran the car at 21 psi to test things and in log 2 I pushed the boost back to 23 psi. MAP2 is boost as read from my AEM 3.5 bar sensor.

When I got done with the logs, the first thing I noticed was Vishnu/FFTEC clearly made some adjustments with fueling because my trims are now around 9% max at redline. I am amazed, but this fuel system definitely has a lot left in it! Shiv really has massaged this fuel system and has everything dialed in for a lot of power.

You will also notice a very refined boost control that is very, very smooth from peak boost to redline. Shiv has the boost control dialed in incredibly at this point. The car hits the commanded targets and stays spot on. It feels like Shiv has suceeded in making more power in the mid levels on the car. Prior to the update, it felt more like the boost ramped up a bit toward redline, but now it is a table top.

From a driveability standpoint, I wish I knew exactly what they are doing with the Procede / Flash to explain, but the car feels a bit snappier into boost now. It feels like my car builds boost a little quicker. It is just a bit quicker responding car than before and I felt before it was incredible how quick the car responded to my input.

The truth of the matter is Vishnu/FFTEC had my car dialed in incredibly well before the update, but it feels even a bit more bullish now. The mid rpm is the most noticeable area where the power has increased. The boost control is amazing with the new update too! I think this should put to rest whether our fuel system is maxed at this power level because the trims prove there is a lot left in this fuel system. I am interested to see the fuel system upgrade the Vishnu is planning to release and I will upgrade as soon as possible.
What's the max fuel trim allowed at WOT? 100%? How does this calculation work?

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep
Drives: 335i/6mt Sport,Nav,Prem.

Lets see you get that bastard dyno tuned.

LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::BIEHNTUNE FLASH::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::OS GIKEN 1.5 WAY::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder
Quote:

TIA
Max trim would read at 34%, that's where fueling cuts out.

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post

TIA
About 34%. This means there is a lot of head room still. Hopefully we can test that head room with MS109 since it isn't the fuel hog that E85 is.
      10-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
LOL, not sure. There are over 10 others too.
      10-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniter View Post
Lets see you get that bastard dyno tuned.
Like this?

10-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
I'll take mine at least once when it's done, but if I get into 10s I think they'll kick me without a cage.
      10-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I'll take mine at least once when it's done, but if I get into 10s I think they'll kick me without a cage.
I think it's if you break 135mph, although I'm not sure. Either way you'll have a good chance of getting kicked.
      10-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
I think it's if you break 135mph, although I'm not sure. Either way you'll have a good chance of getting kicked.
Well they won't know the first time

"Uh I ran a 12.8 last time...I have a helmet..."

Pretty soon they will start denying local 335i's
      10-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
uniter
Black on Black on Black.
Rep
Drives: 335i/6mt Sport,Nav,Prem.

Quote:
Like this?

:P Yeah I've seen that one, I mean with your new hot fueling capabilities.

LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::BIEHNTUNE FLASH::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::OS GIKEN 1.5 WAY::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV
Appreciate 0