E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2010 Quebec & Ontario HPDE events

08-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #397
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

All this talk about tires and premature wear, is tiring me!

If you followed the track yoda (me), you'd all get front camber kits and perhaps square to minimize costs and stress
      08-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #398
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
All this talk about tires and premature wear, is tiring me!

If you followed the track yoda (me), you'd all get front camber kits and perhaps square to minimize costs and stress
A few new goodies for next season. Need to schedule some work done on this car. Nothing that will require welding or warranty voiding. But the car will be slightly different and more potent on the track.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #399
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
For various degrees of reasoning, there are less and less participants for this weekend from our bimmerpost group.

That being said, I will be working solely on my Heel&Toe techniques this weekend. I have purchased a nice pair of clown shoes to help me in this endeavour.

BTW. After close inspection of the second CG-Lock I had purchased for Glen (aka Pseudo Nim), I realised that it is defective. I will need to send it back to the manufacturer for a replacement.

So Glen, I will lend you mine for this weekend, and will trade it with the new one that will (hopefully) come from the company.

I will be arriving early afternoon in Tremblant (Soleil du Matin). Enjoy the area. Have a nice meal and a good bottle of wine. Since I will be alone, feel free if one of youz would join in on my dinner outing.
I think there is a dinner organised by the club for Saturday night.

All there is left to do is switch to my track wheels and pack up the car.
Bon zoom mes chers amis. I hope you all have a (safe) blast. Saving up my fun for the weekend after at CMP.
      08-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #400
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Bon zoom mes chers amis. I hope you all have a (safe) blast. Saving up my fun for the weekend after at CMP.
CMP with what group? Seeing as I cant make this weekend...

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #401
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Go check Page 1
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #402
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Two days with 3Balls. You can do 1 or 2 (Sat or Sun)
      08-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #403
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Oh how did you like the NT05's? How are they on the track and how is the wear on them? Those were the only performance tires (short of full R compounds) that I could get for my Volks wheels. I heard very good stuff about them online but wanted to get someones feedback I know.
nitto nt05s have been great for me so far. no complaints. and they actually last pretty long too. i cant give too much of a comparison since i havent tried anything else thats in the same class. you'd be in a better position to give a review since you had re11s and will soon have nt05s... would be great to compare the two as well as compare it with advan ad08s.

but considering the price of the tire, theyre great value for money.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #404
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Two days with 3Balls. You can do 1 or 2 (Sat or Sun)
What's the cost for 1 day?

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #405
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

So little recap on my latest event. Nothing learned really.
It was at Mont-Tremblant again, and it was wet. 1 session dry, 7 sessions wet. Rivers and lakes were forming on the track.

My Dunlops Direzzas were getting close to the end of their life, so traction was quite difficult. I was in the advanced group, so I got to track at the same time as instructors were tracking their cars. Signed off after 10 minutes in the opening session. In the rain, the car parts (brakes, throttle, tires etc) don't get used very hard... it's more my body that has to go through the ordeal of stress. Feather the throttle, feather the brakes, feather the steering inputs.

Now this was my last event of the year. I'll be going on a few rides in the Fall and then we start over in 2011.

Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves (even montreal red's girlfriend who got a session with an instructor with a track ready Mini Cooper S).

Pseudo Nim got great pics and vids from most of us. We took some of him also. He got to do a few ridalongs with a couple of instructors.
kenneth was signed off early also, and as the others, was not disappointed with the event, even with all that rain. kenneth was bold enough to drive with traction control off even though the conditions were crazy out there.
MTL bimmer came by to say hello, on both days.

It was a pleasure tracking with you guys this year, (sorry Joel, we didn't get to track together this year) Hope to see you (and more of you) next year.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #406
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What's the cost for 1 day?
I think the cost is $250US or there abouts. Way less than the $360CDN that it normally costs which is why I jumped on it.
      08-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #407
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So little recap on my latest event. Nothing learned really.
It was at Mont-Tremblant again, and it was wet. 1 session dry, 7 sessions wet. Rivers and lakes were forming on the track.

My Dunlops Direzzas were getting close to the end of their life, so traction was quite difficult. I was in the advanced group, so I got to track at the same time as instructors were tracking their cars. Signed off after 10 minutes in the opening session. In the rain, the car parts (brakes, throttle, tires etc) don't get used very hard... it's more my body that has to go through the ordeal of stress. Feather the throttle, feather the brakes, feather the steering inputs.

Now this was my last event of the year. I'll be going on a few rides in the Fall and then we start over in 2011.

Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves (even montreal red's girlfriend who got a session with an instructor with a track ready Mini Cooper S).

Pseudo Nim got great pics and vids from most of us. We took some of him also. He got to do a few ridalongs with a couple of instructors.
kenneth was signed off early also, and as the others, was not disappointed with the event, even with all that rain. kenneth was bold enough to drive with traction control off even though the conditions were crazy out there.
MTL bimmer came by to say hello, on both days.

It was a pleasure tracking with you guys this year, (sorry Joel, we didn't get to track together this year) Hope to see you (and more of you) next year.
Nice introspective review. From the looks of things there are likely a few things I can learn from you. Rain is always a little tricky. Happy there was no drama. LCMT has quite a few nasty spots when it rains.

It's impressive how the group has evolved over the last 2-3 years lapping. I'm definitely looking forward to next years events and with a little luck, maybe we can arrange a few more sessions together as a group seeing that there are now 5 or so regular lapping enthusiasts.

I have the two full open track events at CMP next weekend with 3Balls, easily another 2 ICAR and with a little luck WG and Limerock.

I just had Canadian Tire flip the Direzzas on the rims so I can hopefully get one more day at CMP out of them. I have NT01s on order at CMP just in case, so they will be ready if the Direzzas bite it over the weekend. It's too bad, there is a ton of tread left, but just lots of chunking that has contributed to premature edge wear.

Who knows, this winter I might even try Mecaglisse with a beater ... this has become an evil addiction ...

Cheers
      08-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #408
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

I have the same problem with my Dunlops. Since I don't have a camber kit (next year I will), my fronts are worn on the shoulders. The rears still have life left in them.
I have ordered a new set (4 tires) and will be mounting them in September. They will be used next year.
Have fun at CMP. I would have love to join you. But I had set a limit.
I know I am repeating myself but, WG... Mosport are in my sights for next year as well as the usual CMP and LCMT.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #409
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I am definitely joining Joel next year for a 1 day stint there!

Joel, do you want to buy my used NT01?
      08-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #410
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
I am definitely joining Joel next year for a 1 day stint there!

Joel, do you want to buy my used NT01?
You might have a sale Ken if the price is right. I'll call you tomorrow for them.
      08-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #411
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have the same problem with my Dun lops. Since I don't have a camber kit (next year I will), my fronts are worn on the shoulders. The rears still have life left in them.
I have ordered a new set (4 tires) and will be mounting them in September. They will be used next year.
Have fun at CAMP. I would have love to join you. But I had set a limit.
I know I am repeating myself but, WG... Mo sport are in my sights for next year as well as the usual CAMP and LC MT.
I'm hoping to get a WG and/or Monticello in before the end of the season. There a number of events still available there. But, I understand limits. Limits are good.

The wear on my Dunlops is irregular. Portions of the rubber are simply torn off. I must have over heated them at ICAR braking and accelerating. Whole sections of the tread just ripped out. Ugly. This is the second set I kill there. If I keep the 335 longer for the track, I'll have to get a camber kit as well.

cheers
      09-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #412
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Audi North East Chapter - LCMT Oct 2/3

Anyone going to Audi BMW LCMT Oct 2/3?

I've already registered. Anyone else?