E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Better Service - Peter Pan or BMWSF?

05-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #67
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by erensf View Post
I think our bashing helped you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcoder View Post
So that I understand - we should stop posting about and bashing BMWSF
for what reason exactly? Because they offer great problem free service,
they are willing to do their job and help the customer, the are not trying
to steal your money when they can, they give you a loaner car instead of
a dirty run down rental, their service manager is good and responsive? Or
because you called the service manager and told him about a recall and
he told you to come in? What did you expect him to tell you? Don't come
in?

Have you seen how many negative feedback they've got from the people
who have been there and are in this forum? Or perhaps you are under the
impression that because you got a response about a recall, things have
changed overnight at BMWSF and everything is good...

Their bad reputation preceeds them long before people started to post
in this forum their bad experiences. And personally if their internet sales
manager when I bought the car wasn't that good, I wouldn't even visit
them the 3 times that I did.
Yeah, I know what your saying. The majority of you guys dislike BMWSF like crazyyy. But what I'm saying is give them a chance to correct their mistakes.
Maybe if you e-mailed or call the service manager he can help you guys out, like he did for me.

And I've been backing up BMWSF since the beginning of this thread. I got my oil topped up for free, in and out in 5 minutes. When I had a problem with my tires, they checked it out (without appointment) In and out in 10 minutes. Got my OEM alarm installed quickly and without any flaws. Even got a discount on it without even trying. When I first bought the car, I had a flat in 3 hours, probably because of my misfortune that I ran over something. BMWSF replaced it free of charge, even though they didn't have to.

Therefore, I have gpod, legitimate reasons for backing their dealership up. I guess I'm the ONLY guy here that has gotten good service from them.

You get free coffee/Coke/chill in an air conditioned, leather seated dealer. What more can you ask for?

On a sidenote, they can't possibly provide a loaner for EVERY single freaken person in SF...do you know how many cars that'll take?

So, there's my rant on their service. Hope this helps some of you guys to re-consider their service reps.
      05-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #68
shadowcoder
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Yeah, I know what your saying. The majority of you guys dislike BMWSF like crazyyy. But what I'm saying is give them a chance to correct their mistakes.
Maybe if you e-mailed or call the service manager he can help you guys out, like he did for me.
I did call him (twice), left my details per his voicemail so that he can call
me back. Did he call me? Nop. I even emailed him. No response. How many
chances do you think he should get?

Quote:
And I've been backing up BMWSF since the beginning of this thread. I got my oil topped up for free, in and out in 5 minutes. When I had a problem with my tires, they checked it out (without appointment) In and out in 10 minutes. Got my OEM alarm installed quickly and without any flaws. Even got a discount on it without even trying. When I first bought the car, I had a flat in 3 hours, probably because of my misfortune that I ran over something. BMWSF replaced it free of charge, even though they didn't have to.
They replaced it? Yeah right Most likely they patched it unless it
was slashed or had a hole on the side. Only thing you did with them that
was major, was the OEM alarm. I'm glad it went smoothly for you.

Quote:
Therefore, I have gpod, legitimate reasons for backing their dealership up. I guess I'm the ONLY guy here that has gotten good service from them.
Yep. And consider yourself lucky cause that's not the norm with them.
Sooner or later you will see.

Quote:
You get free coffee/Coke/chill in an air conditioned, leather seated dealer. What more can you ask for?
Is that what matters to you and what impresses you most? Or the service
and its quality to your car? Or to be able to go to work and back in the
least hassle free way and in a clean of equal quality car? Or to be able to
have Internet access to work while they work on your car?

Quote:
On a sidenote, they can't possibly provide a loaner for EVERY single freaken person in SF...do you know how many cars that'll take?
You should drive down to BMW of Stevens Creek - your jaw will
drop from how many BMW loaner cars they have. And when they run out
you should see the rentals they give you.

Quote:
So, there's my rant on their service. Hope this helps some of you guys to re-consider their service reps.
I don't see how that helps when the service manager is not even willing to
follow up on the issues that people have/had. All they care about is their 5s
and coming here to make a blanket statement as to how we shouldn't
bash them. Instead he should be responding to a couple of complaints and
following up on them to see what went wrong.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #69
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

stevens creek is a bit of a drive for some of us
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #70
ren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Yeah, I know what your saying. The majority of you guys dislike BMWSF like crazyyy. But what I'm saying is give them a chance to correct their mistakes...
I don't dislike them like crazy, and I'm happy that Jeff is aware of the situation and trying to make things better.

I agree with giving them a second chance, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't write about my experience so far. I will let people decide, or at least be careful after reading what I wrote.

Actually, my situation has nothing to do directly with the service department, and I will go to BMWSF for my service needs because I bought my car from there, and it's in downtown SF so I can pick it up after work. All I'm going to do is to write a "DO NOT WASH" note on the windshield.

I understand your point, and I'm against saying "Do not go there, they are bad" but if had my experience on the day you took delivery of your car, you would probably be as pissed off as I was.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #71
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcoder View Post
I did call him (twice), left my details per his voicemail so that he can call
me back. Did he call me? Nop. I even emailed him. No response. How many
chances do you think he should get?

They replaced it? Yeah right Most likely they patched it unless it
was slashed or had a hole on the side. Only thing you did with them that
was major, was the OEM alarm. I'm glad it went smoothly for you.
Hm...I always get a response when I leave them voicemessages or e-mail them. 100% positive experience on the contact.

As for my tires, I've abused and ran them for 9.7k miles...guess they did a hell of a job patching it up.

And now, I'm getting new RFT's for free, so hey, I have nothing to complain about.

But dude, don't you live in San Jose?...why even go down to BMWSF? You have PeterPan...and a whole bunch of dealers closer to you.
      05-08-2007, 03:01 AM   #72
shadowcoder
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Hm...I always get a response when I leave them voicemessages or e-mail them. 100% positive experience on the contact.

As for my tires, I've abused and ran them for 9.7k miles...guess they did a hell of a job patching it up.

And now, I'm getting new RFT's for free, so hey, I have nothing to complain about.

But dude, don't you live in San Jose?...why even go down to BMWSF? You have PeterPan...and a whole bunch of dealers closer to you.
I am frequently in SF for work.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #73
kyee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterng View Post
Tim, I think you have to scheduled with them at least a week or two in advance in order for them to give you a loaner.

Did they ask you where you got your car at?

Not true. I scheduled 3 weeks in advance and still no BMW loaner.

I came from a Mercedes E500 before my 335i sedan, and Autobahn in Belmont also worked with Enterprise for loaners. HOWEVER, that Enterprise would only rent out Mercedes cars, nothing else. Autobahn would cover the cost of the loaner car. Why can't BMW also do this?

And what happened to Jeff/BMWSF? One post and he's gone?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #74
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterng View Post
Tim, I think you have to scheduled with them at least a week or two in advance in order for them to give you a loaner.

Did they ask you where you got your car at?
Yea, I wasn't in a rush to schedule the appointment, so I even mentioned anytime they have a loaner would be ok with me. The agent put me on hold and said for that type of service, they don't offer loaners. Even after stressing the TCB for the navigation, among other things I wanted to get checked out, they wouldn't offer a loaner. They never asked where I got the car from...

I agree that Mercedes' service dept is top notch. My parents take their car into the Authbahn Mercedes as well, and the amount of attention you get is amazing. On top of that, you could specify what loaner car you want....
      05-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #75
misterng
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejav0o View Post
Yea, I wasn't in a rush to schedule the appointment, so I even mentioned anytime they have a loaner would be ok with me. The agent put me on hold and said for that type of service, they don't offer loaners. Even after stressing the TCB for the navigation, among other things I wanted to get checked out, they wouldn't offer a loaner. They never asked where I got the car from...

I agree that Mercedes' service dept is top notch. My parents take their car into the Authbahn Mercedes as well, and the amount of attention you get is amazing. On top of that, you could specify what loaner car you want....
Did your parents get their car from Authbahn or somewhere else? My wife has been thinking about getting the new w204 there or Benz SF.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #76
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

They got it at the Mercedes in Oakland.... but only because that was the only place that was able to locate a car with all the packages we wanted. I wasn't really involved with the purchase, so I can't tell you which was the best dealership.
      05-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #77
kyee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i sedan

I didn't buy my (ex)car from Autobahn. Bought it from a dealer down in LA (House of Imports) and had it shipped up. Autobahn is great about that, loaner for any reason - and they're all MB's. I had a brand new ML500 once.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #78
ren
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

I had my first service experience with BMWSF last week and they were great. I got the latest Progman (25.02) installed. My SA set up the appointment 2 days before and they arranged a rental car for me, but I didn't need it because I dropped the car off on my way to work in the morning and took their shuttle to get to work after.

I asked them not to wash the car, so I don't know if they learned how to wash cars without leaving swirl marks. I don't think I will ever risk it again.

The car was ready by 3pm, and now I can use my Voice Commands. I hope all of my future visits will go this smooth.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #79
BMWSF
BMW Service Manager. 21 years w/BMW cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: all bmws

Smile BMWsf

Hello again

I am back. please email if there is anything I can specifically do for
anyone that needs something with their BMW.

Jeff Johnston
BMW of San Francisco
Service Manager
jjohnston@bmwsf.com
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #80
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

i took my car into SF BMW ... my mirrors were folding out all the way and not stopping ... took it in, they didn't find anything and gave the car back ... dealt with matt colucci there ... pretty cool guy ... but yeah don't know how it really is
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #81
BMWSF
United_States
Rep

Give me more info so I can help
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #82
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

I recommend Tony Danai. Stand up guy & is coo to talk with.

Also, Jeff (BMWSF) is a great guy to help you with your problems.
      06-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #83
BMWSF
United_States
Rep

Smile

Thanks for the great comments. I have alex's 335i now for the HPFP and oil cooler retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 03:37 AM   #84
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSF View Post
Thanks for the great comments. I have alex's 335i now for the HPFP and oil cooler retrofit.
Yes, Jeff has been really helpful through the fuel pump process. It's taken a while, but at no fault of his or BMW SF. I've known as much as he has through the process, and he's been completely upfront. No run arounds or excuses.

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #85
baltik
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: porsche 944 turbo

I had a good experience at BMW sf as well -got progman updated per SIB, asked them not to wash the car and they didn't
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #86
typeszh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

About to go in for the annual engine oil service at BMW SF. I was told over the phone they don't do loaners which is bogus but I could understand if they just don't have any. I will update my post after the service has been done.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #87
BMWSF
United_States
Rep

Smile

I have 22 BMW loaner cars for 15000 active clients.

half my loaners are 335i owners waiting for fuel pumps BMW cannot supply at this time. I just lost 2 more loaners on Friday for 2 more dead 335i's.

My loaner fleet is unavailable at this point. I value our customer and when you have to wait 1 to 2 months for a fuel pump, driving an enterprise car is not acceptable for anyone including everyone in this forum.

Car washes. We do offer a "luxury wash" by our detail department. I would be happy to waive the $50.00 charge to anyone on the E90 post. we can wash vehicles and successfully too. ( I have rotated our valet staff to improve operations)

comments ?. as you can see, still trying to please our clients

Jeff Johnston
BMW of San Francisco

BTW
we do not patch RFT tires. I would prefer not to meet your lawyer when the tires blow out. BMWNA does not recommend it.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:49 AM   #88
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

^

Exactly what I pointed out earlier, stating that you guys could not possibly hand out loaners to every single customer. And yes, the 335 guys with the dead fuel pumps deserve the cars more than us as they have been waiting. Totally agree with what you said Jeff.

BTW, as for your comment on RFT's. Thanks to you guys for reparing my tire. First or second day I got the car, i got a flat, but you guys fixed it.