E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Car won't start, not the battery

09-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
Chronumn
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Car won't start, not the battery

Hey everybody a few days ago my car tried to start up and failed, then when I tried again it wouldn't even turn over. Lately my car has been having some trouble starting in the sense that it didn't fire right up. Now I figured this was because I didn't get the new battery I put in coded or registered for the car. So anyway my car for the past two days has not been wanting to turn over. I checked the battery, fuses, the clutch pedal sensor. The last thing I can think of is the starter, I have an 07 335i with 60k miles. I would think the starter would hold up longer than that. Does anyone else have any recommendations on things to check or have you had to change your starter?

Instagram: Chirard
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Iceberg3232
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

I've got 70K miles and had the exact same issue. Turns out it was the starter. Get the car rolling, pop the clutch, and bring it wherever you can get someone to put a starter in.

Rest of the car has full power right? Have you measured the voltage at the battery terminal in the front to ensure it's not the big fuse within the red cover on top of the battery terminal?

Hope this helps.
335 XI Coupe/ RB Turbos/ JB4 w/ Wedge Backend / Meth / Inline LPFP / E85 / UUC SSK / Spec2+ SMFW / HPF 7'' IC / Forged DV's / AR DP's / BMS DCI / Apex Arc-8 /Hankook Ventus V12 EVO / KWV1 / HPF Exhaust/ NGK/
Appreciate 0