E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Alberta Members Thread (#2)

05-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #243
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow M3

Garage List
+1 on Shadow Tinting .. best in town (they trained me when I had a break from programming, and I wanted to try something different! .. 3M & Tint).
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #244
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Tinting illusions is where I tinted my head lights, tail lights and windows! They are simply the best! Jared is the guy you want.

Thanks for the info about the fenders, I may consider that next year. Right now my camber at -2.5" is very aggressive.. It handles superb!! However, if I melt these tires this summer due to the Camber I'll have no choice but to role the fenders so I can run -1.5% camber MAX in the rear to conserve tires. Right now the car is dropped so low I have to role fenders just to get less aggressive camber let alone wheel spacers... lol If I want spacers I would have to toss my HR springs and get Dinan springs or something.

I have 265 30 R17 in the rear, as you can see from the pictures these f*** HR sport springs nearly dropped my ride 3" for whatever reason. Still very stable!

I went cruising with my buddy today, we saw a black Supra turn onto stoney trail so I followed him for the hell of it, he took off so I tried catching up to him, had my car up to 220 for a section of road and the car was very stable and smooth!

I finally chirped the tires, I had to launch the car through and then it peeled rubber for about 20 feet... Never doing that again to my poor tires. Fun little cruise tonight, I absolutely love the tune, however I love the handling even more! The camber / tires / suspension is unreal, I can't even corner my car to its limits because my non sport seats don't hold my body in place... I have to figure out a new set of front seats...

Are we still on for Wednesday? I'll be off work at 5ish so I'm free any time.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #245
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Yes! Absolutely still on for Wednesday .. still want to go for about 6:30pm in that park and ride by Cardel/theater? Weather looks dry so far, so it should be a nice evening for a bit of gentle cruising

I'm still on winters, so my handling is well below par. Have to be very gentle on the gas when turning, otherwise the back moves out very quickly. If I launch my car at about 2-3k rpm, it'll spin all the way through first, second, and even a bit of third chirp on some runs! Ah the fun we have painting roads.. LOL.

Can't wait to get my summers on, but that'll probably be May long now.

And wow .. I'm getting lots of people picking on me lately .. wanting to race. It's almost as if I have a big sticker saying "I-have-JB4-u-suck" or something. Unfortunately for them -- they usually drive G37's .. which are easy meat even for a stock 335i at our altitude. I think I'll have to start giving them a few car lengths
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #246
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Haha no way! I definitely have to start driving around the city more! I have had nobody want to race me yet... Even with the rims and drop I have get so much attention with this car it feels like I'm driving a ferrari or something! Its like nobody has ever seen a nice luxury car slammed with deep dish rims? It will be fun if anybody does ever want to race.

I do have to be careful as well, the car is very unstable with the steering.. It drives me insane knowing I have to angle it half an inch to the right in order to go straight, and 20 degrees plus or minus is very lose and disconnected.. Going to get it sorted next Saturday though! Then she'll be very stable when driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #247
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Are we meeting at the park and ride closest to the cop shop or closest to the theatre?

Hey Bigup did you notice your engine sounded different with the Jb4 tune when you rev?
The thing that impressed me the most with my COBB tune is after installing it when I revved my engine to 6K.. It sounded like an absolute monster, like I had a V10 mercedes AMG with crappy exhaust or something.. the turbo's just whaled!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #248
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Vader View Post
Are we meeting at the park and ride closest to the cop shop or closest to the theatre?
No idea .. CPI? I'd say theater end. My car is a alpine white E92 Coupe -- stock looking, but with an ACS roof spoiler. Should look clean; I wash it all the time, the only dirt will be brake dust galore.

Quote:
Hey Bigup did you notice your engine sounded different with the Jb4 tune when you rev?
The thing that impressed me the most with my COBB tune is after installing it when I revved my engine to 6K.. It sounded like an absolute monster, like I had a V10 mercedes AMG with crappy exhaust or something.. the turbo's just whaled!
VERY different tone now .. under load, it has a nice growl that never existed stock. Also, the turbos now whine more .. and I can clearly hear the 'whooshing' sound when shifting.

I'm also using the JB4's new CANFlap mod, which is basically an electronic version of the golf-tee mod .. exhaust is louder, and the stupid flapper thing doesn't keep closing at idle.

Quote:
...I have had nobody want to race me yet
I even had a massive new Audi Q7 thing aggressively pull up along side me today at a light, edged forward, then stepped on it on green. I duly did the same, and once my boost kicked in, the poor guy appeared to be standing still.. LOL

Man that thing was even slower then the Hemi trucks that always try it on, and that takes some doing.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #249
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
No idea .. CPI? I'd say theater end. My car is a alpine white E92 Coupe -- stock looking, but with an ACS roof spoiler. Should look clean; I wash it all the time, the only dirt will be brake dust galore.

VERY different tone now .. under load, it has a nice growl that never existed stock. Also, the turbos now whine more .. and I can clearly hear the 'whooshing' sound when shifting.

I'm also using the JB4's new CANFlap mod, which is basically an electronic version of the golf-tee mod .. exhaust is louder, and the stupid flapper thing doesn't keep closing at idle.

I even had a massive new Audi Q7 thing aggressively pull up along side me today at a light, edged forward, then stepped on it on green. I duly did the same, and once my boost kicked in, the poor guy appeared to be standing still.. LOL

Man that thing was even slower then the Hemi trucks that always try it on, and that takes some doing.
Usually by the theatre side its a bit full. Try parking closer to the green recycling bins side. Theres usually more parking and open space over there.

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #250
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

sounds good guys. I should wash my car that day! It will be dirty My under ground parking is so dusty, the second I park over night my vehicle is covered in dust so its near impossible to keep clean.

Tomorrow will be fun guys!

***** Question *****
I completeyl forgot about this when I drove to work today I was going to try it out.
DS mode from a stop, do you start off in gear 1 when you floor it, or gear 2?
Someone told me M1 is the only way to start in Gear 1, and doing so is the best way to launch the car, however DS shifts quickest and is best for the quarter mile.

DS has to start in second gear, because my tires do not even chipr when I floor it with full traction off.. Mind you if I break boost I get wild tire spin.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #251
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
sounds good guys. I should wash my car that day! It will be dirty My under ground parking is so dusty, the second I park over night my vehicle is covered in dust so its near impossible to keep clean.

Tomorrow will be fun guys!
My car gets covered in dust when I park it outside at work during the day

Also brake dust is killing me .. even after a few hours of driving, my wheels and parts of the back bumper are covered in black.. LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #252
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Haha awe man... So any info about our DS and M1 transmission when it comes to launching off the line?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #253
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha awe man... So any info about our DS and M1 transmission when it comes to launching off the line?
Sorry can't really help with that - I'm manual here, so wheel spin and high boost launches have always been very easily attainable, even stock.

It can get embarrassing if I spin the tires by accident when pulling away from a light .. and the guy next to me is driving a Corolla. That's why I drive like a granny much of the time, to not draw attention.

A characteristic of this car (that I don't necessarily like) is that it's "all or nothing" .. the middle ground doesn't seem to exist.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #254
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Haha! I hear you man, I was the same way when I owned my skyline. Though it was AWD, if I gave it any bit of gas from the lights it took off like a rocket and the BOV made the loudest sound I have ever heard in my life!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #255
justin_bmw
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

where is this meet? Thanks for the invite vin lol
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #256
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_bmw View Post
where is this meet? Thanks for the invite vin lol
lol! It's just a small mini meet in the NW. I thought it would be far for you haha. You can come along too

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #257
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
The more the merrier!

I think my car needs a quick wash now.. drove home on wet roads, and now it's covered in mud. D'oh. Clean one minute, filthy the next
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #258
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

I have to clean mine tomorrow, it is so dirty! It was raining in crossfields, the rain wet my car and the blowing dust stuck to my car... Horrible combination!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #259
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have to clean mine tomorrow, it is so dirty! It was raining in crossfields, the rain wet my car and the blowing dust stuck to my car... Horrible combination!
I hate the unsettled Calgary weather .. the car get's dusty really quick, and one small rain shower is enough to make my car look like it has not been washed for weeks.

I especially hate it when it rains mid afternoon, and then the sun comes out again, baking the water spots onto the paint (which is almost every day in the summer!).

I wish I had somewhere under cover to park at work.

Tonight I will run home after work, give it a quick ONR wash, then meet you guys by the green bins at the Park & Ride for 6:30.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #260
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Sounds good. See everybody tonight!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #261
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Good little get together tonight guys! CPI it was nice meeting you! we'll have to all get together again and head to canmore or something to get out of the city.

Me and Simon had some fun afterwards * official bmw scientific testing * on stoney trail, and what we established is that a 4 door sedan with steptronic, is Identical to a JB4 Stage 1 tune in a 6 speed manuel coupe. I mean completely identical, neither of us pulled.

We met up with a 2010 or 2011 Subaru STI running a Stage 2 tune, had some fun with him and both walked on him hard!

I was in the far left lane, STI was in the middle lane, simon was in the right lane and we all gunned it, it was priceless haha
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #262
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good little get together tonight guys! CPI it was nice meeting you! we'll have to all get together again and head to canmore or something to get out of the city.

Me and Simon had some fun afterwards * official bmw scientific testing * on stoney trail, and what we established is that a 4 door sedan with steptronic, is Identical to a JB4 Stage 1 tune in a 6 speed manuel coupe. I mean completely identical, neither of us pulled.

We met up with a 2010 or 2011 Subaru STI running a Stage 2 tune, had some fun with him and both walked on him hard!

I was in the far left lane, STI was in the middle lane, simon was in the right lane and we all gunned it, it was priceless haha
Yea it was really nice meeting you guys! Took a few pics, ill post them up soon. I'm down for another meet and cruise. That would be fun

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #263
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Here's some pics:

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #264
E90Vader
Banned
Canada
Rep

Nice pics! To bad my car still looked dirty haha
Appreciate 0