E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMWhat fault code diagnosis

02-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i m Sport

BMWhat fault code diagnosis

I have run a diagnostic with the upgraded BMWhat app, and I have done about 4 now, and the same code keeps appearing. I clear it, run the diag again, and it re-occurs!

The car drives absolutely fine, but I really want to know what the fault code relates to! Googling is bringing up very little. Just wondered if anyone else here had encountered it before. Thanks.

Motor Control: Engine / Motor

Fault: :Pedal value sensor 1 / Throttle potentiometer 2 / throttle 2 / Air mass meter, signal correction / Accelerator pedal module , pedal sensor 1

Code: 2B05
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Do you have a Sprint Booster installed?

If so, it could be defective - they are known to throw this code when defective
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep

No, no sprint booster. Not even entirely sure what it is/does.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #4
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
OK, well that rules that out...

Sprint Booster is a piggyback device that wires in between your throttle pedal & the car harness to intercept/modify the throttle position signal in order to get rid of the throttle lag

http://www.sprintbooster.com/
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #5
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN53 View Post
No, no sprint booster. Not even entirely sure what it is/does.
Sprint booster is the the biggest sham since Bernie madoff
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #6
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep

Nope, no sprint booster here. Anything else likely to be causing the same fault code?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #7
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

Quote:
I have run a diagnostic with the upgraded BMWhat app, and I have done about 4 now, and the same code keeps appearing. I clear it, run the diag again, and it re-occurs!

The car drives absolutely fine, but I really want to know what the fault code relates to! Googling is bringing up very little. Just wondered if anyone else here had encountered it before. Thanks.

Fault: :Pedal value sensor 1 / Throttle potentiometer 2 / throttle 2 / Air mass meter, signal correction / Accelerator pedal module , pedal sensor 1

I just received mine yesterday too and when i installed to code nothing worked. the coding read option shows but the loading process did not work. I will be returning it back through amazon and calling apple to refund the app. $65 for the ob2wifi and $45 for the app. I don't recommend this product unless you have a newer 2007 vehicle, do your research first. if your looking to code use a cable but it will only work on android not iPhone. if your just needing it for diagnostic it does read codes, clear codes, register battery with some models. I already have the bavtech tool so this does not serve my needs aside from coding.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep

I'm not entirely sure how that post helps me. I have a November 2007 car, so it is a fairly late 2007 vehicle. I have also managed to code a few things via Bluetooth. Are you saying the app isn't accurate in the codes it is reporting?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #9
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN53
I'm not entirely sure how that post helps me. I have a November 2007 car, so it is a fairly late 2007 vehicle. I have also managed to code a few things via Bluetooth. Are you saying the app isn't accurate in the codes it is reporting?
I have an iPhone with the Bmwhat wifiob2 plug and that was not working at all. The recommendation is more for people who are planning to buy this app and not do there research.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #10
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90 View Post
I have an iPhone with the Bmwhat wifiob2 plug and that was not working at all. The recommendation is more for people who are planning to buy this app and not do there research.
Why are you going and . ?

App is great and I paid for Andorid and iOS version and have both adapters. It is just amazing how capable it is and it's a freaking awesome how it can read DME codes like OP has, so it def serves it's purpose. I see coding as a side feature, and most errors would be user errors.

Anyways....

ChrisN53... sorry to hear about your troubles. I did a quick search, and probably came across same results as you. My advice is, if it is not causing any issues, and there is no CEL, you have 2 options:
- Ignore it
- Go to dealership

Sorry I couldn't help you more...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 09:54 PM   #11
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90 View Post
Why are you going and . ?

App is great and I paid for Andorid and iOS version and have both adapters. It is just amazing how capable it is and it's a freaking awesome how it can read DME codes like OP has, so it def serves it's purpose. I see coding as a side feature, and most errors would be user errors.

Anyways....

ChrisN53... sorry to hear about your troubles. I did a quick search, and probably came across same results as you. My advice is, if it is not causing any issues, and there is no CEL, you have 2 options:
- Ignore it
- Go to dealership

Sorry I couldn't help you more...
Lmao!! Im waiting now for the Bmwhat app android cord and I also have an android device but it does not work on iPhones for coding. Sorry for thread jacking. I also was googling the faults codes and were very hard to find. I as well have fault codes but my car is running fine. As for ignoring the faults I would not recommend and the purpose of the app is so you don't have to take to the dealer and get charged to scan the car?lol... This why I said the BAVTECH tool is more intuitive since all the fault codes show up under the parameters which it relates to. Searching for fault codes sucks I've been there. Sorry for the lack of help
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 01:10 AM   #12
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
Sprint booster is the the biggest sham since Bernie madoff
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 02:50 AM   #13
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:

i had this same error code a few months ago. I thought it was my sprint booster but it was not. replaced the pedal accelerator and the error went away. go to realoem.com and you can see that they have an updated accelerator pedal.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 05:26 AM   #14
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep

Are there likely to any symptoms if the Throttle potentiometer is damaged/faulty?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 06:48 AM   #15
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

For those that are having trouble connecting with the BMWhat app. I too had trouble where it would take a very long time to connect, then when I tried to diagnose it would just sit there and the yellow bar would not show any progress. I went into the settings in the main menu and chose "alternative connection" and that fixed it. Connects quickly and diagnoses 43 ecus in about 30 seconds. I am using the android app and the BT dongle on a mfg in Jan 08 car.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 11:54 PM   #16
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Just received android cable and coded my car successfully!!!
328i 2007 built 09.10.2006

-Unlock to open everything
Sunroof, windows and doors
-Lock to close sunroof and windows
-corner light delete
-cancel daytime running light
-turn off seatbelt chime warning

iPhone app did not work for coding, only diagnostic with Bmwhat wifi dongle.

Samsung alpha worked for everything
Coding and diagnostic with Bmwhat cable+std usb to micro adaptor..

Good luck guys
Appreciate 0