E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Review: LUX H8 V3 LED Angel Eyes

03-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #23
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
wait for a day photo....

In the night all leds work great.....
During the day they only look good at eye. From every other angle the outer ring looks dim.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #24
Bullet
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i

...?

I don't understand all the hating recently on LUX. If you don't like it return it. I've had my set for a few months now, and admittedly I thought they looked a bit dim and not worth it but yesterday I let my friend drive my car and DAMN THEY LOOK AMAZING!! so basically no point in hating on a quality product...
      03-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #25
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

if there is that much of a difference between the inner and outer ring, either the bulb isnt seated properly, or you're just standing at a weird angle.

you can only do so much with whats already there as far as the light path that bmw designed, and lux did a pretty good job at making it work and make a good impovement over stock
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
I don't understand all the hating recently on LUX. If you don't like it return it. I've had my set for a few months now, and admittedly I thought they looked a bit dim and not worth it but yesterday I let my friend drive my car and DAMN THEY LOOK AMAZING!! so basically no point in hating on a quality product...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
if there is that much of a difference between the inner and outer ring, either the bulb isnt seated properly, or you're just standing at a weird angle.

you can only do so much with whats already there as far as the light path that bmw designed, and lux did a pretty good job at making it work and make a good impovement over stock
This is called a REVIEW. I'm not hating, I'm pointing out PROS and CONS like it clearly shows in my original post. Am I happy with my purchase? Yes. Is there distortion of the bulbs at most angles? Yes. Is that LUX's fault? No. Is LUX the best plug and play bulb? Yes.

Just because I like the product doesn't mean I have to be a fan boy and only point out the positive aspects of a product. I love my 335i, but if someone asks me for a review on it, I'm not going to leave out the parts about how they eat HPFPs and how the oil cooling sucks. Just because other cars have oil cooling problems and other cars have fuel pump problems doesn't mean I'm not going to bring it up.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife

Last edited by EDM92; 03-17-2011 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #27
Kevin@AKMotorwerk
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: THE GUY YOU LOVE TO HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
This is called a REVIEW. I'm not hating, I'm pointing out PROS and CONS like it clearly shows in my original post. Am I happy with my purchase? Yes. Is there distortion of the bulbs at most angles? Yes. Is that LUX's fault? No. Is LUX the best plug and play bulb? Yes.

Just because I like the product doesn't mean I have to be a fan boy and only point out the positive aspects of a product. I love my 335i, but if someone asks me for a review on it, I'm not going to leave out the parts about how they eat HPFPs and how the oil cooling sucks. Just because other cars have oil cooling problems and other cars have fuel pump problems doesn't mean I'm not going to bring it up.
i wasnt flaming your review at all, i was just offering a suggestion to your problem of the extreme difference in light output, and i'm not a fan boy at all, i have a different favorite angel eye option, but feel the lux is a solid product available
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #28
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@AKMotorwerk View Post
Quote:

i wasnt flaming your review at all, i was just offering a suggestion to your problem of the extreme difference in light output, and i'm not a fan boy at all, i have a different favorite angel eye option, but feel the lux is a solid product available
I know, don't worry no offense taken, my reply was aimed mostly towards the other guy. Also, they are definitely twisted and seated in there properly, but thanks for the advice.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #29
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
During the day they only look good at eye. From every other angle the outer ring looks dim.
Editing my earlier post. LUX look decent at eye level during the day, but look awesome at night.

Alpine>LUX during the day
LUX>Alpine at night
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #30
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:

Look at these 2 senarios:
1) You say if you tell someone about your 335i you will tell them about the HPFP and oil cooling - those are direct parts of your 335i.

2) When someone asks you about the LUX H8 V3 kit you tell them the outer ring is dim- that has nothing to do about with the LUX, it is 100% the fault of your 335i.

The point i'm trying to make is this: We were given a set of headlights to work with, and we've made a LED Angel eye system to try and overcome the shortcomings of the headlight. We are trying to offer a product that compensates for the known problems of the headlight, and you continue to point out the problems with the headlight and not the LUX kit itself.

I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #31
RFGuy_KCCO
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC BSM/SO

Garage List
Quote:
I know, don't worry no offense taken, my reply was aimed mostly towards the other guy. Also, they are definitely twisted and seated in there properly, but thanks for the advice.
I thought mine were seated properly at first, too. However, in an effort to try to better balance the inner and outer ring light output, I removed the bulbs and started over. Guess what? I didn't have them seated properly the first time and had the same result as you - much brighter inner rings. After re-installing the bulbs and really paying attention this time, my inner and outer rings are very close to the same brightness - much, much better than before. In fact, they are now almost the same brightness.

My guess is that you only think you have the bulbs seated properly. Try doing them again and really pay close attention to how they go in. The three little locking lugs are not the same - one is different from the other two and this allows the bulbs to only go in one way. I know it's a pain to take everything back apart and re-install the bulbs, but if you do it right you will be much happier with your purchase. I know I am!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #32
pampam
Boo!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: No car - Accident :(

When you will be able to order without waiting ?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #33
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

ne1 got HID AE vs LUX day pics head to head, anyone got up close and personal
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #34
nextm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

Forget about the alpines. Wait till you see the LUX vs. Mtec V3's. Might change your mind and keep $100 bucks in your pocket.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #35
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextm5 View Post
Forget about the alpines. Wait till you see the LUX vs. Mtec V3's. Might change your mind and keep $100 bucks in your pocket.
I think you are referring to the e90 pre-lci products, which is not what this thread is about
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #36
onephattai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
I think you are referring to the e90 pre-lci products, which is not what this thread is about
LUX is so damn expensive. $250 for a pair is insane. Only dummies would buy it. So what if your AE is brighter than most but that doesn't mean it can worth a fortune. The price of these AE is more than the Phillips D1S xenon bulbs!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
Leiby_335i
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by onephattai View Post
LUX is so damn expensive. $250 for a pair is insane. Only dummies would buy it. So what if your AE is brighter than most but that doesn't mean it can worth a fortune. The price of these AE is more than the Phillips D1S xenon bulbs!!!
Just buy em used. That's what I did.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #38
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Hey guys, sorry for the old thread bump, but I have been unable to find what I am looking for by a search. I am trying to figure out if the bulbs in the below picture are the LUX V3. I have the V4 installed on my car (they came with it), and these were in the trunk. They are in the box for the V4 and fit well into the space, so I am assuming they are closely related. Also if anyone has any information regarding wattage and color temperature of these bulbs it would be greatly appreciated!

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #39
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Are there a series of dip switches on the black box? If not, its most likely a V3. I also remember it being labeled "V3" somewhere on it. But to be honest, I haven't touched them since installing them years ago.
      04-02-2015, 09:49 AM   #40
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the old thread bump, but I have been unable to find what I am looking for by a search. I am trying to figure out if the bulbs in the below picture are the LUX V3. I have the V4 installed on my car (they came with it), and these were in the trunk. They are in the box for the V4 and fit well into the space, so I am assuming they are closely related. Also if anyone has any information regarding wattage and color temperature of these bulbs it would be greatly appreciated!

Yes these are the LUX H8 V3 angel eyes. There should be a label on the other side of the black power supply also. These are around a 6500K white color. We never listed these as a "wattage" but they would be the brightness equivalent of around a 40 watt bulb per side
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 07:33 AM   #41
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post
Are there a series of dip switches on the black box? If not, its most likely a V3. I also remember it being labeled "V3" somewhere on it. But to be honest, I haven't touched them since installing them years ago.
Hey jwong, thank you for the reply!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #42
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Yes these are the LUX H8 V3 angel eyes. There should be a label on the other side of the black power supply also. These are around a 6500K white color. We never listed these as a "wattage" but they would be the brightness equivalent of around a 40 watt bulb per side
Hey Lux,

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question! That is great information. I will say that the V4's that came with my car are awesome and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I love the ability to adjust the color! I can only imagine how good the v5's are!
Appreciate 0