E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Alignment Shop *Chicago*

05-29-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Alignment Shop *Chicago*

Hi,

this last Tuesday I hit a pothole and bent my right front wheel on my way to work. I live in the city and take Lawrence Ave all the way across to get on i-90 to go to Bensenville, IL. A quick google search showed me wheel repair few miles away:
Chicago Wheel Services
855 Bonnie Ln
Elk Grove Village, IL
(847) 228-0801
I called them and they said they can do it while I'm at work so I arrange a co-worker to pick me up and I went there.
Toward the end of my work day they called me saying my lug bolts are seized and that they can't take the wheel off the car.
When I went there I found out that the idiot who worked on it was using SAE and not METRIC socket and actually stripped the heads off the lug bolt.
They denied everything and to say that the customer service is horrible would be an understatement. Very arrogant and think highly of themselves like they are the wheel gods or similar.
My co-worker calm me down and made a phone call for me. It was 4:30pm
He called thes people:
Magic Auto
1001 Northwest Hwy, Des Plaines, IL 60016
(847) 298-9331

Due to traffic we arrived there close to 6pm when they close but took my car in anyhow and up on the lift it went.
The tech used special sockets and extract the lug nuts within few minute while I was still giving my shop my personal contact information.
Then they call:
Wheels America
1535 Brummel Ave
Elk Grove Village, IL
(847) 979-5647

This shop actually fix rims over night so I would have the car ready next day.
When the wheel came back the next day the lead mechanic who is the shop owner call me to discuss the alignment with me since my car is lowered with adjustable camber plates and over-sized wheels.
I left work early and arrived there at 4:30pm. They have brand new Hunter alignment machine.
The owner was watching like a hawk over the tech who worked on my car. They guy really took his time and was extremely carefully doing my out of spec alignment. He did it twice, one for daily driver and second one for track and marked my adjustable camber plates and strut bar so I will have easier time adjusting front camber myself.
Additionally, they check the tire pressure before they started with the alignment and reset the angle position sensor afterwards. I'm associated with FireStone and have shop account with them. We take few cars for alignments every week. They are not this meticulous. Same with other shops I have used which make Magic Auto really stand out.
The car drives and rides very true and straight now. No shakes and pulling to a side.
The best part, the prize! The total was $200.95. Yes $200.95 to remove the stripped lugs, replace them with new, send the wheel out to be repaired and basically do alignment and a half.
I'm extremely happy with their service.
So to reiterated:
NO > Chicago Wheel
YES > Wheels America
Absolutely YES > Magic Auto
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

from Chicago wheel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

from Magic Auto
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Wheels of America have on the worst costumer service out there period. You might be saying I had one bad experience but sadly multiple and I just stopped going there. Many forum members also have had issues with them as well.

My issues were their "lifetime guarantee" is BS. My friend had to go back 6 times for one wheel before. I stopped going there.

I am glad you got everything taken care of!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Experiences vary. I agree. Mine was positive. Honestly don't know nothing about life time warranty but that would be impossible for wheels.
I'm really extremely unhappy with Chicago Wheels though. I work on car & truck myself and strip bolts/nuts aren't something new to me. My issue is that they just brushed it off saying the car came there with stripped lugs. Admit and accept responsibility should have been their policy since problems like this are part of their business. it comes with the territory.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #6
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Experiences vary. I agree. Mine was positive. Honestly don't know nothing about life time warranty but that would be impossible for wheels.
I'm really extremely unhappy with Chicago Wheels though. I work on car & truck myself and strip bolts/nuts aren't something new to me. My issue is that they just brushed it off saying the car came there with stripped lugs. Admit and accept responsibility should have been their policy since problems like this are part of their business. it comes with the territory.
Life time Warranty on their work! Like if they refinished the wheel and started to peel they should take care of it. A crack or bend that has been repaired started to crack or bend again.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wheels-america-elk-grove

Check them out on yelp. Not every case is the same but I dealt with management and I know how they are no longer my wheel guys anymore.

Yeah that is definitely their fault the stripped lugs. They didn't want to fish out a few bucks for new lug nuts? Makes no sense. Everyone makes mistakes but to clearly lie is something else.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #7
LucasM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOnShake View Post
Wheels of America have on the worst costumer service out there period.
My issues were their "lifetime guarantee" is BS.
All true

BTW I need to do alignment in my 335, do you guys know any reputable shop in O'hare area or burbs ?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #8
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudezet View Post
All true

BTW I need to do alignment in my 335, do you guys know any reputable shop in O'hare area or burbs ?
you didn't read my post I guess
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #9
Northwest335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver 07 335i

I agree with this post and I want to say I bring all of my cars to Magic Auto! I use to take my moms X3 there for everything. Their alignments are spot on
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
LucasM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
you didn't read my post I guess
I read it now I'll call magic auto and schedule appointment
Appreciate 0