E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Fix-it-ticket

09-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Cynicc
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Fix-it-ticket

I received a fix-it-ticket for my tinted windows while I was in San Francisco. This happened on Sept. 6 2013. The officer told me that I would get a letter in the mail with instructions within 10 days but I still haven't gotten anything. I tried searching the DMV database using my driver's license number but it told me that there are no citations under my license (does it even show fix-it-tickets?). Anyone else experience this? Is it safe to assume that I don't have to worry about the ticket anymore? Any help would be great.

Edit:
I live in Long Beach, so I can't go to the officer that issued me the ticket. Should I just remove my tint and go to Long Beach PD?
      09-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
FarSeide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicc View Post
I received a fix-it-ticket for my tinted windows while I was in San Francisco. This happened on Sept. 6 2013. The officer told me that I would get a letter in the mail with instructions within 10 days but I still haven't gotten anything. I tried searching the DMV database using my driver's license number but it told me that there are no citations under my license (does it even show fix-it-tickets?). Anyone else experience this? Is it safe to assume that I don't have to worry about the ticket anymore? Any help would be great.
What you receive in the mail is just a courtesy mail and doesn't excuse you from the ticket. If I were you, I would remove the tint and take it to local CHP to get your ticket signed off. Then head to court to pay the ticket.

Trust me, it won't go away.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Cynicc
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSeide View Post
What you receive in the mail is just a courtesy mail and doesn't excuse you from the ticket. If I were you, I would remove the tint and take it to local CHP to get your ticket signed off. Then head to court to pay the ticket.

Trust me, it won't go away.
I see, I guess I'm gonnna be spending the day removing my tint. Thanks FarSeide.
      09-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
FarSeide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicc View Post
I see, I guess I'm gonnna be spending the day removing my tint. Thanks FarSeide.
If you go to Walmart or any car shop, you can buy tint remover. It'll make your like easier.

Glad I could help. I think we've all been through this.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
fixedreality
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: HPF M3

My last tint ticket was correctable (from SF), I had it removed, drove to the local PD, had them sign it off and brought the ticket in to pay the small fee on my court date. I did have to go to the citing officers respectable department to pay for the fee though. You being from LA and the ticket in SF I'm not sure how that will work.

Strangely just had a dream last night about my tint being 15% and the ticket costing $150~

Funny thing is, the past three cars I've had, none of them were tinted
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

i got pulled over for tints too. luckily i got a warning... seriously knocking on wood....

i hope your ticket never shows up and isnt even in the system
      09-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Cynicc
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedreality View Post
My last tint ticket was correctable (from SF), I had it removed, drove to the local PD, had them sign it off and brought the ticket in to pay the small fee on my court date. I did have to go to the citing officers respectable department to pay for the fee though. You being from LA and the ticket in SF I'm not sure how that will work.

Strangely just had a dream last night about my tint being 15% and the ticket costing $150~

Funny thing is, the past three cars I've had, none of them were tinted
Yea this is the reason why I need that courtesy letter. I'm not sure if I can just bring my car to any PD and get it signed off.
      09-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #8
BMWfromSD
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sometimes cops forget to input the ticket into the data base therefore its like you didn't have one at all. If you have free time, id go to the court and ask if its on file with them. If its not then no need to remove the tint and you got lucky. This happened to my gf but with a speeding ticket.
Appreciate 0