E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Surprise in APRIL, more details to come!

03-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #221
zesus-3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel View Post
Man, a lot of haters here. Why did you pick that color, why not buy the M3 (read the thread!), you should've done this...

Saferisk, this car looks taste modded. Not over the top, ricey but leaning towards OEM class look, sporty and tasteful, keeping the lines that make the E92 beautiful and enhancing them subtly. I get your desire of modifying your choice of car and customizing how you like it instead of a stock M3. It might not be my preference but I appreciate the effort and the looks of the result. About the grey color, I was excited when you said Ferrari color as I wanted to see an E92 in Ferrari red but in the end, you like Grey tone and the difference between this one and Space Grey is significant, I like it a lot more.

Good luck and looking forward to the end result!
Nobody is hating on here...they are stating the obvious...
I would like to think most BMW owners are of the truly logical breed of human beings left on this planet....we are only suggesting logical things that the OP could have done to get his M3 fix.....

I myself may have a change of heart after seeing the prices he is paying for everything compared to the cost of an M3 over there....who knows....I was not aware of the retard-high prices of BMW's there....

I will also say this....if I saw the OP getting balls-deep in on his own body work, or cutting of exhaust or doing any of this by himself.....I would not be critical of anything I have seen or read so far because that, to me, is modding....Like I stated, as well as other have stated, this project seems like a showcase for these 3 shops, not for the OP's skill. Just a thought
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #222
zesus-3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Just went back and read the prices of the 335i and M in countries other than US that you guys have stated....and OMG....unreal....I simply can not believe that.

Jeez, I should look into becoming a black-market exporting service!!!!! lol
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #223
Castel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesus-3 View Post
I will also say this....if I saw the OP getting balls-deep in on his own body work, or cutting of exhaust or doing any of this by himself.....I would not be critical of anything I have seen or read so far because that, to me, is modding....Like I stated, as well as other have stated, this project seems like a showcase for these 3 shops, not for the OP's skill. Just a thought
I understand your point, people have their opinions and it's cool. Although, OP wasn't trying to showcase his skills, or his balls/gut to go through with the modding of his car, I don't think that was his intention at all. He was just sharing his view and his taste with the forumr. Just like when people post about "I got a new 335i!", they are not showcasing their ability or anything, just excitement on what's going on.

But hey, modifying the rear fenders, changing entirely the front (fenders, headlights, bumper and hood), adding a custom carbon fiber trunk lid and painting it the color he wants is not just anything. You don't need to have your elbow deep in grease doing everything yourself to appreciate the effort, money, thought and planning in a project. If on the other hand he did it all by himself and the end result looks like crap it doesn't call for a lot admiration and you could be critical...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #224
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMD View Post
Gday! I'm sure the sheilas will be coming out of the woodwork when you get that on the road lol

..one of my favorite bands of all time is "the Sheila Devine"... not many get that phrase

~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #225
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

..wow.. the car that enther the shop is a dead ringer for my current E92 here in NJ-USA, watching the transformation is awesome!

The E92 M3 has an amazing presence.. the stance is perfect. It would be awesome if they would offer a 335i M3 looks package, at least for me

this build is a dream version of my car, I would love to do this, cant wait to see your finished product! The exhaust parts on the M are way high quality it appears in comparison to the 335!

~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #226
Stratos
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: F22 220d

Quote:
Originally Posted by smihalik View Post
I'm seeing all of these numbers thrown around. When people quote these prices, are they quoting in USD? Is salary and cost of living comparable? If so, then I am one lucky SOB to live in Canada, even though we pay 30% more than the US for out cars. It seems the rest of the world pays 3 times as much.

I mean christ $250k for an m3? I can buy a loaded R8 5.2 for that here and still have enough money left over for a brand new 335.
It is hard to compare the cost of living and salaries. Yes we do have higher salaries, and yes it cost alot more to live here. I think the average salary before tax is around $70-75k. Tax is around 30% on average.

I drive a 1-series coupé, 120d 177hp diesel. Price in USD at current rate is $75k. M3's are extremely rare here... go figure..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #227
CarForHire
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow in the left lane.

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
It is hard to compare the cost of living and salaries. Yes we do have higher salaries, and yes it cost alot more to live here. I think the average salary before tax is around $70-75k. Tax is around 30% on average.

I drive a 1-series coupé, 120d 177hp diesel. Price in USD at current rate is $75k. M3's are extremely rare here... go figure..
That's rough..
      03-31-2010, 06:40 PM   #228
icandy
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Luminance Edition

Quote:
Just went back and read the prices of the 335i and M in countries other than US that you guys have stated....and OMG....unreal....I simply can not believe that.

Jeez, I should look into becoming a black-market exporting service!!!!! lol
I'm signing up for one of your cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #229
bmwnorge
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E70

nice work, but can OP answer this? why not just buy an used M3?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #230
CarForHire
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwnorge View Post
It would still cost a fortune over there. OP's car currently was purchased used, so even a used M3 would be a lot more.
      03-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #231
Berduderunner
drk one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
As long as you keep it debadged I think it's going to be one AMAZING 35!!!!

Looks great so far!
BMS JB3 v2.0 | BMS DCI | Berk Tech Sport Exhaust | UR * DPs | CoolingMist Meth Kit w/ CMGS | H&R OE Sport Springs | Breyton GTS-R | Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs | GP Thunder 8000K Low Beams/Angel Eyes/Cornering Lights | LED Interior Light Kit | Window Tint | Smoked Tail Lights | Smoked License Plate Cover
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #232
firstbimmer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3 & '15 f15 X5 35i x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwnorge View Post
My god people, the OP has given a multitude of logical, rational, and emotional reasons why he went the route he did.

For all the criticizers saying...waaahhhh, he didn't do the work himself....waaahhh, its not an M3....waaahhh, I have nothing better to do but criticize... get a life and see this thread for what it is. OP is sharing HIS project with the rest of us. He never once asked for approval or disapproval, he's been nothing but respectful to the haters, and had never hidden the fact that the work was being done by outside garages and not him.

Have we seriously gotten to the point where we can't just say thanks for sharing?!?! Is it your money? Did OP ask for your approval? The majority of the people on here would rather he share this process than keep it to himself. And I for one appreciate the amount of decision making and guts it takes to organize and run a modding project such as this one. Not eveyone is going to like the same details on a car, but can't we all just appreciate the OP for sharing his story with us, without throwing out criticism.

And to the OP, whether there are things I would do differently doesn't matter, I give you a huge thumbs up for taking the time to share your story with us and respect the amount of time, money, and work that's going into this project.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 11:13 PM   #233
Castel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue '13 E92 M3

^^^ Exactly!!
+1000
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 11:14 PM   #234
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

Quote:
No effin way!!!!??? really? Damn do you need a BMW that bad? Jesus If I were in AU I would just get the equivalent of the GTO or some cheap badass car we cant get here in the US! Man.... status symbols in Singapore must be more important to you guys then us filthy Americans! lol

Learned something new...
lol I went to Hong kong once. I visited the BMW dealership there. most people could afford a 3 series there is about 40 to 50 year old..which is kind of depressed. And later I was told because the price of a 335i in Hong kong is almost the same as the price of a m3 here in US.I was like
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #235
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, 911 GTS manual,F80,G80

OP. really nice project that you have going on there. Wide body def looks nice on your car
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #236
bmwnorge
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangzeyuandss View Post
lol I went to Hong kong once. I visited the BMW dealership there. most people could afford a 3 series there is about 40 to 50 year old..which is kind of depressed. And later I was told because the price of a 335i in Hong kong is almost the same as the price of a m3 here in US.I was like
yeah its nuts in HK, $1 mil can only buy you a TINY condo.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 12:35 AM   #237
JayeJaymes
Alien
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 2016 M4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2016 M4  [0.00]
wow its coming along very well, interested to see more pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #238
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Respect for doing this!!

This is way better than an M3 IMHO.

Makes me really wonder if, hypothetically speaking, you could purchase the new M3 with the option of either the N54 or S65 what would people choose? I know my answer N54 FTW
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #239
CarForHire
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Respect for doing this!!

This is way better than an M3 IMHO.

Makes me really wonder if, hypothetically speaking, you could purchase the new M3 with the option of either the N54 or S65 what would people choose? I know my answer N54 FTW
If money wasn't an issue I would still get the S65. You just can't beat that scream at 8k RPM.
      04-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #240
pierrepiac
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

lol, this thread is extra fun to read on april's fool's day.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 02:09 AM   #241
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYR03 View Post
this is a crazy project and is coming along nicely :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
keep the good work comin'!
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E39hijinks View Post
Seems pretty cool but my observations are:

1) you're not really tinkering with anything. afaik, you're having a shop do this correct? just making a point.

2) something is off about that paint. hopefully they wetsand the entire car and finish it up.

3) god forbid anything happens to your car, there goes all your money. you would be better off getting a real M3.

good luck though i'm sure you'll be happy!
Pertinent points, the paint isn't at its final stages, its be finished once the engine work is done.

I did do some parts myself and intend to do more on the interior myself once I get to that stage, the awesome thing is that the DIY section on this forum will assist greatly in that regard!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suff View Post
For all of you that INSIST on posting comments like "just get an M3".. you really just don't get it at all do you?

SAFERISK IS NOT MAKING AN M3.. Its a modded 335i with, for all intents and purposes an M3 body kit.

NA V8 Vs TT I6, they are totally different beasts.. I have been in the "turbo" scene for some time now, and would ALWAYS choose a good T4/6 over an NA V8 (TT V8 would be a different story )

So to all of you out there that insist on suggesting the purchase of an M3, read the OP, and commend the owner for an incredible build..

On a personal note.. Saferisk, where abouts in Melbourne are you based? I float between Sydney & Melbourne regularly (live in Perth) would genuinely love to have a chat with you offline and discuss your experiences
Defiantely would be great to catch up! I'll take you for a spin whenever you're down here, although its cooling down quickly! As you can tell I like sharing my experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow View Post
Very cool, keep the updates coming!

(and you dont have to respond to all the people who didn't read the thread and simply reply "just buy an M3 )
LOL, thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
As for the pricing, just a note:

I Noway cars get taxed for weight, horepower, emissions, and lots more...

Base 335i = $145k
Base E92 M3 = $250k (base in norway means BASE. all the things you think is standard; its not)
Loaded E92 M3 = $280k

Ouch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smihalik View Post
I'm seeing all of these numbers thrown around. When people quote these prices, are they quoting in USD? Is salary and cost of living comparable? If so, then I am one lucky SOB to live in Canada, even though we pay 30% more than the US for out cars. It seems the rest of the world pays 3 times as much.

I mean christ $250k for an m3? I can buy a loaded R8 5.2 for that here and still have enough money left over for a brand new 335.
Tell me about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
Ferrari colour? You are respraying it back into gray? come on, why? I was looking forward to some nice red paint! But it looks very good, i think that upgraded 335 has its own appeal and probably for everyday is a better car anyway. I like the conversion, the only problem i see with this is that once you are done, you realise that you now have a stock looking bmw albeit M3... so question is how's your mod bug gonna handle it?
hahahaha, it wont look totally stock hehehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post
salaries are high in nordic contries but taxes are just as high, 50% is quite common i would say across the board and for those who make more it may be worse. Not too familiar with Norway but Sweden is bad and Finland not so much. Denmark is bad as well. But if you use the public transport in Denmark for example you'll see where the money went. If in US based on this board anyway, every man and his dog seems to drive 335 or M3, back home these things are very rare to see. Also chances are they'd be debadged. In Switzerland I've seen a ton of audi RS6 and BMW M5s Tourings without badges. Sleeper done proper.
LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel View Post
Man, a lot of haters here. Why did you pick that color, why not buy the M3 (read the thread!), you should've done this...

Saferisk, this car looks taste modded. Not over the top, ricey but leaning towards OEM class look, sporty and tasteful, keeping the lines that make the E92 beautiful and enhancing them subtly. I get your desire of modifying your choice of car and customizing how you like it instead of a stock M3. It might not be my preference but I appreciate the effort and the looks of the result. About the grey color, I was excited when you said Ferrari color as I wanted to see an E92 in Ferrari red but in the end, you like Grey tone and the difference between this one and Space Grey is significant, I like it a lot more.

Good luck and looking forward to the end result!
Thank you for the really nice comments! Happy to see that some appreciate the color!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler001 View Post
bro install the JB3 or change the engine for a m5 ( if fit ) or the new 4.4 twin turbo from a x5m/x6m.
LOL, what's wrong with procede?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Big to your brotha! I don't think I can ever take on a project like this but I'm sure it will be all worth it in the end.
Thanks brotha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3prsiv View Post
I guess if you can't wait for the next gen M3, make one. TT-6 M. You are gonna have more pride knowing that you built this, than anyone thats bought a car off the show room floor will. Awesome job.
Wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
Sounds like its gona be a 1 of a kind. Enjoy!!!
Will defiantely be enjoying it I've been missing my car sooooo much! Drove my friend''s 335i last night and it felt so amazing and its currently stock except PSS10s and Advan wheels!
      04-03-2010, 02:20 AM   #242
bmrcfreak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335i xDrive

How bout some more new pics??
Appreciate 0