E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Bimmer Miller HATES our E90

06-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Bimmer Miller HATES our E90

Based on Mike Miller's take and tone found in most Bimmer Mag replys and articles - an E90 is an absolute complex , unreliable and disposable piece - and he favors AS WELL AS recommends - HONDA. I would think that an approach WHICH PROCLAIMS that current BMW maintenance schedules are insufficient coupeled with a SUPPORTIVE approach ~ would better serve the BMW community at large AND would be demanded by BIMMER MAG and Roundel editors.
Sure I agree with Mr. Miller's OLD School maintenance plan --but by continually trashing the brand less his prescious E46 - instead of providing effective advice and practical solutions to modern BMW hardware/software issue - he appears to to frustrated by current BMW technology. Beyond old school issues he seems to be surpassed and his level of understanding and knowloge appears limited basted on his hardfast replys. Solutions for 335i heating issues, fuel and water pump , and transmission common problems with a supportive tone / manner - vs. continual negative statements without solutions would be welcomed.
I do love reading his replys and think his knowlodge of the E46 very useful -- we need an E90 expert to surface ---- OH -- E90POST you are the true experts --- I have learned so much from this forum ----KEEP POSTING!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

my take on the e90 is this-its completely nothing like an e46 or any other previous car BMW built-so its really hard to compare it to anything. While the parts themselves may be more problematic than previous cars-the car itself is pretty awesome! Sure it has issues but what car doesnt? for the most part all the issues are the same-its just alot more difficult to fix since dealers cant just fix the cars they need approval to do half the stuff. The hpfp problem is that the hpfp design just sucks-putting bandaids on a design that just sucks is all that BMW can do since theres no real way to adapt a piston pump into the car like the new hpfp's are(which we see VERY few issues with). As far as maint goes-i see no reason why people cant do some of their own maint too? why not do an oil change in the middle of the free one? why not do a trans service? Just because it isnt free doesnt mean you cant do it, it just means you have to pay for it?
Appreciate 0