E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Nurburgring Trip Info Needed

05-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 LCI (Space Gray)

Nurburgring Trip Info Needed

I am visiting Prague (Czech Republic) for a 3 days seminar (4-6 June) and really interested in crossing the border to Germany (around 4 hours drive) and doing a run on the famous Nurburgring!

Since my seminar is from 4-6 June, I can arrive in Prague on 1st June and then I'll have 3 days before the seminar to spend at Nurburgring..OR..after finishing the seminar on 6th, I will extend my stay for 2 more days till 8th and try to visit Nurburgring. I believe arriving sooner is a better option as I will get plenty of time to go and come back before the seminar.

There are several websites giving details but I am still confused as how to rent a car and drive on public track day. I am not planning to break any records or do any stunts..just drive on Nurburgring..thats it. HELP!!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

TF Days are Public days, where you can rent a car to drive on the Ring.

You can choose an inclusive or a non-inclusive package.

Inclusive would mean the rental place Includes the lap tickets (All the facilities uses this Ring Card, even the food), 1st tank of gas, and the actual car.

Non-inclusive would mean you'd have to go line up to get the ring laps (You can control how many laps you want), and refuel before returning vehicle.

I'd say you're cutting it close if you want to rent a car, so you better act fast. Cars sell out super fast.
      05-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep

appreciate your response. can you guide me to some booking website where I can get rental details and book online?
      05-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/carhire.php

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

http://www.rentracecar.de/index-gb.htm

Here's a few rental websites I found. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

I've rented from RSR & Rent4ring.

I rented a Clio from RSR, and a Swift Stage 2 from Rent4Ring.

Problem with Rent4Ring is that they software tuned the car, so they data-log every single car, and you pay a fine if you over-rev their cars.

To me that's the whole point of a Rev-limiter, to be there to prevent over-rev; don't take that away and then charge people for it.

RSR has professional people, but not as friendly as Rent4Ring.

I've yet to try Rentracecar, but I'm sure they'll be similar.
      05-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by qadhi79 View Post
I am visiting Prague (Czech Republic) for a 3 days seminar (4-6 June) and really interested in crossing the border to Germany (around 4 hours drive) and doing a run on the famous Nurburgring!

Since my seminar is from 4-6 June, I can arrive in Prague on 1st June and then I'll have 3 days before the seminar to spend at Nurburgring..OR..after finishing the seminar on 6th, I will extend my stay for 2 more days till 8th and try to visit Nurburgring. I believe arriving sooner is a better option as I will get plenty of time to go and come back before the seminar.

There are several websites giving details but I am still confused as how to rent a car and drive on public track day. I am not planning to break any records or do any stunts..just drive on Nurburgring..thats it. HELP!!
I will be there on the 2nd of July. If you would like we can meet up and I can take you for a lap or two before diving into it. The guys have stated a majority of the places. If you were to rent a car I would go with this one!

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/rent...eife.html#c177
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep

appreciate your feedback keepittrill, ashtaron14 and STi_traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
I will be there on the 2nd of July. If you would like we can meet up and I can take you for a lap or two before diving into it. The guys have stated a majority of the places. If you were to rent a car I would go with this one!

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/rent...eife.html#c177
I ended up exactly here when I initially browsed their website but I read on some blog that it is better to take a less powerful car for the new drivers on this track. I have previously driven M and AMG cars and not sure if this disclaimer is for everyone or for beginners only.

Thank you for the wonderful offer but I plan to be there during the first days of June..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
appreciate your feedback keepittrill, ashtaron14 and STi_traitor.

I ended up exactly here when I initially browsed their website but I read on some blog that it is better to take a less powerful car for the new drivers on this track. I have previously driven M and AMG cars and not sure if this disclaimer is for everyone or for beginners only.

Thank you for the wonderful offer but I plan to be there during the first days of June..
That is a great idea, I was going to mention something smaller after I had posted. They have some really cool Suzuki Swifts. A buddy of mine rented one and it was amazing. Full cage, racing seats, BBK, race compound tires, fully gutted! Really cool look and feel.

Just a heads up, the Ring is only open from 17:15-19:00 on the 1st of June. My advice to you would be to make it the 2nd of June. There are crashes at times and they have to close the track down. It would be a real shame if you rented a car and it was closed for a majority of the time. I have made a day trip before and I waited for 6 hours before they opened the Ring back up due to a crash. Just my .02 cents for you.

Here are the times:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...dschleife.html
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That is a great idea, I was going to mention something smaller after I had posted. They have some really cool Suzuki Swifts. A buddy of mine rented one and it was amazing. Full cage, racing seats, BBK, race compound tires, fully gutted! Really cool look and feel.

Just a heads up, the Ring is only open from 17:15-19:00 on the 1st of June. My advice to you would be to make it the 2nd of June. There are crashes at times and they have to close the track down. It would be a real shame if you rented a car and it was closed for a majority of the time. I have made a day trip before and I waited for 6 hours before they opened the Ring back up due to a crash. Just my .02 cents for you.

Here are the times:
http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...dschleife.html
I just called Rent4Ring and they told me the same thing about track closure and rain. They said its better if I come on Saturday because even though the time is less but the track is less crowded and if I pick Sunday then I should choose half day instead of 1-2 hours because of too much crowd or closures. I am thinking of reaching there on 1st and see if I can get a chance or else extend my stay for another day.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I just called Rent4Ring and they told me the same thing about track closure and rain. They said its better if I come on Saturday because even though the time is less but the track is less crowded and if I pick Sunday then I should choose half day instead of 1-2 hours because of too much crowd or closures. I am thinking of reaching there on 1st and see if I can get a chance or else extend my stay for another day.
Sounds good, they would know better. I will be there Saturday sometime in the afternoon and if I make it there before closure we should meet!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #11
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good, they would know better. I will be there Saturday sometime in the afternoon and if I make it there before closure we should meet!
perfect! Ill inbox you once I finalize everything
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #12
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
perfect! Ill inbox you once I finalize everything
Ok
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
07BSM328
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3 Fire Orange

We stayed in Adenau and rented a golf gti from rentracecar. If I do it again ill do a cheaper slower car Suzuki swift and do more laps.
It's an experience all right!
12 E92 M3 Fire Orange not subtle at all
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #14
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Glad you were able to get everything set up!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #15
gnx7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 competition pkg

I went about 2 years ago and rented a 200hp Renault Clio from these guys
http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

Got a 6 lap pkg I think and split it with a friend. Around $200 each I believe.
That didn't include the ring ticket which is another 25Euro or so per lap.

The track is so long you can't really push the car as you simply don't remember all the corners. Play lots of Playstation and drive the Ring virtually as much as you can. One part of the track can be sunny.... and the other drizzly and wet. Unique for sure.

Be safe and don't push it too hard... or you will end up in the guard rail like the dozens of others you will see that day.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Whoops, that wasn't the OP LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 01:34 AM   #17
rotaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: CaymanS

Rent 4 ring for sure. Dale and his crew were super accommodative. I rented the m3 for half day and it definately was an experience of a lifetime especially if the ring gets sold to the wrong buyer. Have fun and be safe.

Btw Prague is awesome, it's like going back in time, hot women as well.
      05-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Did you decide what day to drive? The weather is not looking too well on Saturday but Sunday is going to be clear from what I have seen on multiple sites. I will still be going up there Saturday afternoon to try and get a wet lap in.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #19
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor
Did you decide what day to drive? The weather is not looking too well on Saturday but Sunday is going to be clear from what I have seen on multiple sites. I will still be going up there Saturday afternoon to try and get a wet lap in.
I have to take care of some work and will reach there just a day before the seminar so wont be able to visit the ring on 1-2 June as planned

the next tourist session is on 12th June and I won't be able to extend stay for another week..guess I need to plan a dedicated trip now as I have smiled and enjoyed in my dreams already..