E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW Scan Tool- General discussion

07-26-2017, 05:51 AM   #243
BQ Tuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E89 Z4 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepBolt View Post
The pros and cons you're talking about is just the ECS support right?
It appears to be the only thing I am personally aware of
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #244
DYOOS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 N55

Anyone else run into issues registering your email with Foxwell? It keeps prompting that I don't have a valid email entered.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 12:47 AM   #245
DYOOS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E90 N55

Following up here for anyone who's experiencing the same issue as me. I just kept trying to register my product by entering my info again and again, and eventually after trying for... let's say a week I finally got passed the invalid email error. I did nothing different. I entered the same info and eventually it just accepted it. Super faulty website. Not surprised.

Full disclosure: I did open 2 Foxwelltech support tickets, but I didn't hear back from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepBolt View Post
Anyone else run into issues registering your email with Foxwell? It keeps prompting that I don't have a valid email entered.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 06:57 AM   #246
prican_2000
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 335i M-Sport

I have some MAJOR problems and I don’t know how to proceed hoping you guys can help.

Long Story Short - I have a regular OBD computer and a few months ago I originally got the VANOS solenoid P code so I replaced them both then almost instantaneously after install and turning the car on I got the CEL so I check it with the OBD computer and I got the code for the Camshaft Position Sensors, so I replaced them both however, I still had the CEL. So I after talking to my friend he told me about this scanner which I bought from ECS last week and was able to setup an account and successfully update to Version 11.20 (8/24/17). Well I didn’t have a chance to plug the scanner into the car until last night so I did and man was I in a world of hurt.

I scanned the car "Automatically" and let it do its thing, then I cleared all the codes after it found some Faults. And I think that’s where the problems began. Below is a VERY long list of all the codes I got:

P0369 - Camshaft Position B Bank 1
A0B4 - Engine Start/Starter Operation
5F12 - DSC Brake pad wear, front
5EBA - DSC Steering - Angle sensor plausibility
9CBA - FRM Communication with LIN operator disturbed
9CC3 - FRM Communication with mirror drivers side
A8B6 - FRM Brake light left faulty
A8B7 - FRM Brake light right faulty
A559 - Instrument cluster: power supply has been switched off
A554 - Instrument cluster: No message (telephone)
29F3 - DME: Fuel low pressure sensor
2DEC - DME: Power Management Battery
2F4A- DME Interface EWS (immobilizer
2A9F- DME Camshaft sensor exhaust syncronization
3100 - DME Boost pressure control deactivation
2A99 - DME Crankshaft Exhaust Camshaft
55C3 - VTG: AWD Limp-home control activated. No DSC specified nominal torque

Vanos position IN : 125
Vanos position EX : -130

Vanos Adaptation IN: -3.8
Vanos Adaptation EX: -6.4

I also reset the adaptations in case that makes a difference.

I have not driven the car in a few week and I think that the battery might be dead (or Low) - do you guys think that a weak or dead battery would cause all those codes to pop up?
When I had the scanner plugged up at one point the all of the dash lights were turning on and off in a weird manner and the wipers even activated themselves and would not stop. I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction and hopefully I didn’t FVCK something up.

I set it up on the battery tender last night to hopefully recharge it - hopefully that is all that it is. Anyone else experience this before??

Ohhh and in case it matters it’s an automatic 2008 E92 xi Model Year: 2007_11

Thanks for your help
Grey 08 E92 335xi:20% Tint, Dynavin N6 Nav, Golf Tee Mod, 17x9 Apex ARC-8, AFE CAI -GONE
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 12:17 PM   #247
WayneK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 e93

Any updates on being able to switch ah or battery type? I saw screenshots that showed the menu option to change type and ah but does this not actually work on the Schwaben or Foxwell ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhand View Post
Are there any updates to the Schwaben tool? I'm looking for expanded coding of sorts. For instance, battery coding of different sizes.

I bought mine two weeks ago, because I have four BMWs with very recent battery replacements, and the Schwaben let me register them, but not change the settings to the new size (I went from 70ah to 90ah and one from Pb to AGM).
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #248
banshee28
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneK View Post
Any updates on being able to switch ah or battery type? I saw screenshots that showed the menu option to change type and ah but does this not actually work on the Schwaben or Foxwell ???
I wanted to know the same thing...Apparently it does and this link also shows the option (#2) to do this but the guy choose option #1 instead. So I am not sure ...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...7#post22158587

I am planning on getting a Duralast Platinum 95ah to replace my stock White battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #249
WayneK
Private
Rep

Can anyone tell me what their order turn-around was from Foxwell recently? I ordered a week ago and am impatiently waiting for a shipping confirmation from their "local" warehouse. The Schwaben tool is looking more attractive now, ha.

Edit... showed up 1 week from order with no shipping confirmation or tracking. Foxwell site advertises local shipping but it came direct from Asia... annoying.

Edit #2... registered and went to download the foxscanner installer software to get the bmw specific application. Trojan virus detected in the installer .zip. No thanks. WTF.

Edit #3... use the foxscanner installer software on the included cd not the website download. Works fine.

Tried to register and code a new 95AH AGM battery changing the ah and type (from 90AH lead) with no success so far. Tried to change from lead to AGM first and it gave an error (no communication with IBS, DME/DDE program status cannot save battery change, terminal 15 not switched on) but it apparently changed the battery replacement mileage so I guess it registered as a same type replacement. Then tried to change the AH but have the same messages. Car starts and runs fine. Had a bunch of CEL messages after battery replacement that I cleared (low voltage, etc). I didn't have matrix/supplier/polarity codes so I made something up for each (tried supplier 777777 and 306477, polarity 0917). Hopefully its something simple.

Last edited by WayneK; 09-06-2017 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 06:57 AM   #250
prican_2000
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prican_2000 View Post
I have some MAJOR problems and I don’t know how to proceed hoping you guys can help.

Long Story Short - I have a regular OBD computer and a few months ago I originally got the VANOS solenoid P code so I replaced them both then almost instantaneously after install and turning the car on I got the CEL so I check it with the OBD computer and I got the code for the Camshaft Position Sensors, so I replaced them both however, I still had the CEL. So I after talking to my friend he told me about this scanner which I bought from ECS last week and was able to setup an account and successfully update to Version 11.20 (8/24/17). Well I didn’t have a chance to plug the scanner into the car until last night so I did and man was I in a world of hurt.

I scanned the car "Automatically" and let it do its thing, then I cleared all the codes after it found some Faults. And I think that’s where the problems began. Below is a VERY long list of all the codes I got:

P0369 - Camshaft Position B Bank 1
A0B4 - Engine Start/Starter Operation
5F12 - DSC Brake pad wear, front
5EBA - DSC Steering - Angle sensor plausibility
9CBA - FRM Communication with LIN operator disturbed
9CC3 - FRM Communication with mirror drivers side
A8B6 - FRM Brake light left faulty
A8B7 - FRM Brake light right faulty
A559 - Instrument cluster: power supply has been switched off
A554 - Instrument cluster: No message (telephone)
29F3 - DME: Fuel low pressure sensor
2DEC - DME: Power Management Battery
2F4A- DME Interface EWS (immobilizer
2A9F- DME Camshaft sensor exhaust syncronization
3100 - DME Boost pressure control deactivation
2A99 - DME Crankshaft Exhaust Camshaft
55C3 - VTG: AWD Limp-home control activated. No DSC specified nominal torque

Vanos position IN : 125
Vanos position EX : -130

Vanos Adaptation IN: -3.8
Vanos Adaptation EX: -6.4

I also reset the adaptations in case that makes a difference.

I have not driven the car in a few week and I think that the battery might be dead (or Low) - do you guys think that a weak or dead battery would cause all those codes to pop up?
When I had the scanner plugged up at one point the all of the dash lights were turning on and off in a weird manner and the wipers even activated themselves and would not stop. I'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction and hopefully I didn’t FVCK something up.

I set it up on the battery tender last night to hopefully recharge it - hopefully that is all that it is. Anyone else experience this before??

Ohhh and in case it matters it’s an automatic 2008 E92 xi Model Year: 2007_11

Thanks for your help
OK so apparently all of the above was due to a low/dead battery - once I let it sit a few days on the charger, I turned the car on and took it for a spin all the codes cleared "EXCEPT" for that damn P0015 code. So I ordered a new set of Vanos Solenoids and swapped them in last night but 1st I cleared the codes and reset the adaptations. Well now I have the issue where the car is surging up and down in RPMs - what did I do wrong? how do I fix this?

I tried to put the car in gear to see if it would correct itself while driving and it would not allow me to control the accelerator pedal - it just bucked forward as the RPMs surged up and down.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You
Grey 08 E92 335xi:20% Tint, Dynavin N6 Nav, Golf Tee Mod, 17x9 Apex ARC-8, AFE CAI -GONE
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #251
prican_2000
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Put the car in position 2 and hold the accelerator down for 30 seconds then start the car. Repeat until throttle pedal adapts.
Is that RIGHT!!!????? And what is "That" procedure supposed to do??

Thank You so much for your input - I will try to do it tonight when I get home and revise the thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #252
prican_2000
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When you reset adaptations you also reset throttle adaptation. You need to reteach the 0-100% points.
WOW!!!!!!!!!

That is good to know - as you can see "I" did not know that. Hopefully this will also help someone else in the future.

Thanks Again!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #253
WayneK
Private
Rep

I put the trickle charger on the new battery overnight and will try again tonight. I found some references to manually selecting the chassis after auto-VIN function in order to communicate with the DME so I will try this also since the error message I got was related to DME/DDE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneK View Post

Tried to register and code a new 95AH AGM battery changing the ah and type (from 90AH lead) with no success so far. Tried to change from lead to AGM first and it gave an error (no communication with IBS, DME/DDE program status cannot save battery change, terminal 15 not switched on) but it apparently changed the battery replacement mileage so I guess it registered as a same type replacement. Then tried to change the AH but have the same messages. Car starts and runs fine. Had a bunch of CEL messages after battery replacement that I cleared (low voltage, etc). I didn't have matrix/supplier/polarity codes so I made something up for each (tried supplier 777777 and 306477, polarity 0917). Hopefully its something simple.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #254
prican_2000
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When you reset adaptations you also reset throttle adaptation. You need to reteach the 0-100% points.

I just wanted to come back on here and provide an update:

Thanks again to BimmerGeeks for the information on how to reteach the Throttle.

I tried it last night and it worked the 1st time, I did it twice just to make sure.

I was able to take the car out of the garage and around for a quick ride, but I still have that DAMN P0015 Code and the SES/Yellow Engine Pop up but only on the OBD side of the Scanner not the actual BMW specific part of the scanner - would anyone know why that would be?

I'm going to drive it around for a few weeks and hopefully it will clear itself.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #255
unreall_23
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw z4

Does anyone know whether a spare key fob can be programmed with comfort access?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #256
NoQuarter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 535xi / 2011 Z4 35Is

Garage List
2018 BMW X2  [0.00]
2008 535xi  [0.00]
2011 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unreall_23 View Post
Does anyone know whether a spare key fob can be programmed with comfort access?
A spare key from what? An ebay key? From another car?
Programmed with this scan tool?

Does the car have comfort access? Is it a comfort access key?

The answer is no
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #257
unreall_23
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post

The answer is no
Its a spare key that came with the car. The dealer wants to charge me $300 to program the spare key with comfort access. I was hoping this tool could do that, since it is able to register new keys
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #258
SlimE92
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreall_23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post

The answer is no
Its a spare key that came with the car. The dealer wants to charge me $300 to program the spare key with comfort access. I was hoping this tool could do that, since it is able to register new keys
I was wondering the same. Someone asked the question a while back and nobody responded. I bought my car from the dealer came with 2 key fobs. One of them works with comfort access, the other functions as if I had no comfort access I can't open the door without unlocking the car with the fob or start the car without the key in the ignition. Would be nice if this could activate the comfort access features without having to spend an arm at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 03:37 AM   #259
RED-d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d Sport, Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ Tuning View Post
Software version 11.10 is the latest regardless if you have the Schwaben or Foxwell. I have the Schwaben with the latest version 11.10
When I log into my account it says that V9.51 is the latest version. No option for version 11.10
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 10:13 AM   #260
BQ Tuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E89 Z4 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-d View Post
When I log into my account it says that V9.51 is the latest version. No option for version 11.10
The scanner has three software update parts with their latest version numbers

OS-Software v9.20
BMW v11.20
ODBII v6.20

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #261
Bayo
Rep
Drives: Currently searching

Just ordered mine today. Black Friday at ecs has them on for cheaper than the Foxwell site.

Anyone know if there are plans to have this unit be able to code different than stock batteries? Living up in the great white north I like having more power on hand.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #262
das86turbo
Rep
Drives: M3

N55 with JB4

I have a 2012 E92 N55 with JB4 tune. Just replaced the water pump. I’m dealing with the pump running unattended (meaning no key),temps down. This problem has been discussed in other threads. Will the BT or other units help me solve this problem? Which unit is best at reading BMW specific codes. I already have an OBD reader so pulling standard codes is not a need for me. TIA
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 10:54 AM   #263
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

I got mine for christmas an love it, I wish I had it when I replaced my electric fan and water pump.

If you get one definitely make sure you update it before using it.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin1476.50
      01-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #264
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Good thread. I just picked up an nt510 for my e92 m3 and am excited to see what all it can do.

Hoping it can display engine oil level. I'm also curious what all it can do in regards to DCT.