E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > where the heck is my DV? need a repair manual

01-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

where the heck is my DV? need a repair manual

as some of u know i am mechanically DECLINED.

i have some help here so i am not totally lost.
i already installed an IC upgrade with only a bit of help so i am definitely getting better, BUT:

where is the 335 DV located in the engine bay???
i looked at both the hot and cold side of the IC charge pipes but cannot find it....i need to tap into the DV lines to install a boost gauge.

also, i need a REPAIR MANUAL specific to the new 3 series like the old time chilton's repair books... unfortunately, chilton 3 series goes only up to 2005. anyone know of another repair manual?? i am looking for a reference repair manual that will show most/all parts of car, and remove and repair tips.

thanks

Last edited by midlife; 01-11-2008 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife;1945543
....[B
also, i need a REPAIR MANUAL[/B] specific to the new 3 series like the old time chilton's repair books... unfortunately, chilton 3 series goes only up to 2005. anyone know of another repair manual?? i am looking for a reference repair manual that will show most/all parts of car, and remove and repair tips.

thanks
just googled BMW repair manuals. the only manuals for ANY 2008 bmw was for the 535i. since it is the same motor, do u think the 535 repair manual will drive me crazy because although the 535i motor is the same, since the engine bay is bigger our N54 parts may be mounted in different parts of the 535 engine bay.

and obviuosly, although the tranny may be the same, the suspension parts of the 535 repair manual are probably no use.

what do u think??

thanks
Appreciate 0