E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > tune then throw an error

08-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
etichi
Slow,fast,slow, then you die.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 07,AA short shifter, COBB

tune then throw an error

So when this happens and you have a tool to clear the codes, is it important to clear them immediately? I was thinking about getting the jb+ then cranking it to max. If I get a code will the engine limp until the thrown error is cleared? or is it just a record that an error occurred? Also, does it record every time an error occurs, or just once?

I have read on the forum and the general attitude is "no big deal". That is my general feeling about this as well if you can clear them out.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

It depends entirely on the code. For tuner codes you won't know they are there until you scan and you just need to remove before going in for service, etc. If you have a fuel pump code, or some non-tuning related issue, you may want to address that sooner than later.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
etichi
Slow,fast,slow, then you die.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 07,AA short shifter, COBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
It depends entirely on the code. For tuner codes you won't know they are there until you scan and you just need to remove before going in for service, etc. If you have a fuel pump code, or some non-tuning related issue, you may want to address that sooner than later.

Mike
I appreciate the response, I understand it is a noobish question. That is interesting that limp = F(error code);

I have looked at dynos from the jb+ on 93 octane running max vs. jb3 on 91. And correct me if I am wrong but the power gains look close. Is this correct?
Appreciate 0