E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > My Experience with Aldo Shoe's and Customer Service

07-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
SekZi
Shawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i Black/Red/Aluminum

My Experience with Aldo Shoe's and Customer Service

A few times I have stumbled upon threads that gave me input about a particular company and the experiences an individual had with that company.

This is my story about how Aldo shoe company mishandled an issue with a customer that they thought would let them be if they just said "There is nothing we can do about your situation," after they led me on a goose chase, and left me with unfulfilled promises.

Background: I purchased an Aldo shoe (white high top, made of cloth) in March of 2010. When I purchased it I asked if it could be washed, since they were white shoes and are probably going to get dirty over the course of wearing them. They said it was alright to wash and that it would have no adverse effects, because of their quality.
Low and behold after I washed them, they shrunk, and they went from a nice cream color into an awkward mustard looking color.

Incident 1: I go to Aldo and told them about my situation. They agreed to take my shoe and wait for the store manager to take a look at it before they make a decision on replacing them, which they said they probably would. The manager would be in the next day, so I left my shoe there and told them I would come back.

Incident 2: After I left my shoe there for the manager to see, I thought I would get a call back but I didn't. I came back to the mall a few days after to go and get my shoes, and they said the manager wouldn't be able to make a decision on it and I have to wait for the district manager, Kirsten Bentley, to take a look at it. They told me she would be in the following Tuesday. I asked for Kirsten Bentleys number, spoke with her and she told me that she would take care of the situation for me and would give me a call back on Tuesday.

Incident 3: More than a week passed, Tuesday was gone, and I went back to the mall because at this point I had enough and wanted to get this over with already. When I got there and asked for my shoes, they said they don't know where it is and that they will call Kirsten to see if she had looked at the shoes. They couldn't get a hold of her immediately so I went to eat at the Topanga Mall Dining Area, and told them I would come back. When I came back, they told me they were sorry Kirsten didn't call me back when she promised, and that over the phone she decided that they should not replace my shoes, and the most they can do is give me 15% off on the same shoe I bought. She said it was not their responsibility that the wash damaged the shoes, even though the store employee advised me that it was alright. Oh, and they found my shoe 45 minutes later, apparently it was hidden behind some shoes in the back, and were hard to find, which explained why Kirsten never called. She never looked at them.

Here are a few lessons I learned.

1) Don't trust store employees, they have no Idea what they are talking about and are just trying to make a sale.

2) Aldo is in the business of making money off shoes, and don't really care about taking customer service matters seriously.

3) Kirsten Bentley wasted 7 hours of my life and tried to take advantage of the situation by assuming a passive person like myself would just give up on trying to get his shoe replaced. Kirsten, hats off to you, and I hope everyone who has been in this situation and wants to voice their feelings about being mistreated, because they are passive individuals does so by leaving you a message 862-485-6549 and voicing their concern.

After buying 5 pairs of shoes from Aldo, I do not think my pride will let me go there again.

/vent

-Shawn
      07-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

I always thought Aldo shoes were POS.

No surprise for me here.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

I've found this nonchalant customer service in a variety of situations from different companies. They were wrong to give you the assurance that washing them is ok, but when you wash a shoe, the outcome is greatly determined by exactly how the person chooses to wash the shoe.

Just because you asked them "is it OK to wash this shoe?" and they replied "yes", I believe that it is still your responsibility to use caution and ask the right questions. I've had much worse experiences than this with other companies, so as far as the bad customer service goes, yea you got it, but that's life. It sucks, and I'm like you, I would never buy anything from them again out of principal.

I recently had a run-in with a service that buys your used iphone (broken or working) over the internet. They have a form to fill out and they quote you a price based on what you fill out. Of course, it's subject to their approval once they get the item. The quote told me that they would give me $45 or something like that based on the condition of the phone as I stated it, which I did honestly. I send it to them, many layers of bubble wrap to protect it. They contact me after they get it, and long story short they come up with some bullshit excuses as to why they will now pay me $0 for it, but would be glad to recycle it (of course they get paid to recycle the phones). One of their reasons was for something wrong with the phone (that wasn't broken when I sent it in) that wasn't even an option on the quote sheet that I filled out. They created their own criteria. They give you a bullshit quote, and when they have the phone and the leverage they get very nitpicky and give you a lower quote based on lies, and they prey on those people that just say 'fuck it' and let them have it at the reduced price. Long story short I spent an hour on the phone total over three different calls to get them to send it back to me instead of recycling it. I wasn't going to let them have my phone, even though I don't use it anymore.

By the way it's www.cashforiphones.com

I would highly recommend staying away.
      07-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

LOL @guys who wears Aldo

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
LOL @guys who wears Aldo
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
LOL @guys who wears Aldo
They make fashionable shoes/boots at affordable prices, similar to that of H&M and Zara when it comes to clothes.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
LOL @guys who wears Aldo
Have never bought anything from there and I don't see that changing EVER!!!
      07-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #8
Searcher821
I find stuff
Rep
Drives: Jet pack

I had an experience about a year ago which was kinda like the other way around.

I had bought a washing machine, and when they came to deliver it and hook it up, they pointed out that it had gotten some hardly noticeable scratches on the side during transport, but they would put that on the delivery slip, and I could go back to the store and get a smallish refund.

So I go to the store and they offer me 3% off.

I say that's not enough and tell them I want 15% off and he just looks at me like I'm crazy. He then proceeds to go ask his boss and comes back and says no.

I insist so after a while he goes gets his boss. Before I could say cat in a hat the boss comes walking down the aisle like he's gonna put me in my place now.
He too makes the same (not so subtle) suggestions that I'm an idiot for asking, and I'll never get the 15% off. Basically being a DB about it.

So I tell him; "Fine - your call. You can come and pick it up again and I'll take my business elsewhere". I swear he's about to explode by now, and after having stared at me for like 5-10 secs, He just signs the 15% off on the bill and halfway throws it at me before turning around and walking away without uttering another word.

I still chuckle when I think about
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher821 View Post

I had bought a washing machine, and when they came to deliver it and hook it up, they pointed out that it had gotten some hardly noticeable scratches on the side during transport, but they would put that on the delivery slip, and I could go back to the store and get a smallish refund.

I say that's not enough and tell them I want 15% off and he just looks at me like I'm crazy. He then proceeds to go ask his boss and comes back and says no.

I insist so after a while he goes gets his boss. Before I could say cat in a hat the boss comes walking down the aisle like he's gonna put me in my place now.
He too makes the same (not so subtle) suggestions that I'm an idiot for asking, and I'll never get the 15% off. Basically being a DB about it.

So I tell him; "Fine - your call. You can come and pick it up again and I'll take my business elsewhere". I swear he's about to explode by now, and after having stared at me for like 5-10 secs, He just signs the 15% off on the bill and halfway throws it at me before turning around and walking away without uttering another word.

Not gonna lie, but that's kinda being a dick. 3% for some barely there scratches that you may not have even noticed unless pointed out to you isn't a bad deal. If they kicked the side and dented it then I could understand 15%.
      07-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #10
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

I use aldo shoes for shoes to wear in rain/snow/salty slush.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #11
BigDog
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Not gonna lie, but that's kinda being a dick. 3% for some barely there scratches that you may not have even noticed unless pointed out to you isn't a bad deal. If they kicked the side and dented it then I could understand 15%.
how's it being a dick?
      07-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #12
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

I bought Aldo shoes once...never again. They are shit quality.
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #13
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher821 View Post

lol 15% is a lot. I would of done that too though. Aldo shoes are piece of shit shoes to begin with. I purchased a pair and returned them the next day, they are very uncomfortable. The shoes may look enticing visually, but when you wear them they feel like they're going to give you arthritis pain in the future.

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #14
EmmettBrown
Banned
Rep
Drives: cars

never knew aldo made men's shoes. interesting....
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 03:19 AM   #15
Searcher821
I find stuff
Rep
Drives: Jet pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I came into their store to buy a new undented one for full price.

If they choose to serve me up with something else, I think it's only reasonable that I tell them what it's worth to me, or they give me what I actually paid for.

/story
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #16
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Aldo are decent looking high priced knockoffs. You get what you pay for.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #17
zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
You learn things everyday and today I learned that Aldo sells men's shoes. I also learned that heterosexual men don't shop there!