E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 330i Suspension Conversion to Sport

06-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
bimmerquick43321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwishlist View Post
This is exactly what I am looking for. One question, are you still on run flats? I have always thought I could go from non sport with rfts to a sports suspension with performance tires and get better handling with at least the same amount of comfort.
Nope not on run flats, never were, so I have no idea what the difference is on how the car feels.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #24
wheen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecbain View Post
None, the stock bumpstops/dustboots were used, no other parts needed. I'll validate once again tonight by looking at my bill, but pretty sure you don't need no additional parts, besides the springs and shocks/struts.
Thanks.

I think I need shorter bumpstops simply because I'm getting shorter springs (Eibach prokit), but I've also thought about getting the whole bits package so I can pre-assemble the front struts prior to the install day. That is, if I end up doing it myself. Though at over $250 for all that, I'm not sure I should...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
bimmerquick43321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheen View Post
Thanks.

I think I need shorter bumpstops simply because I'm getting shorter springs (Eibach prokit), but I've also thought about getting the whole bits package so I can pre-assemble the front struts prior to the install day. That is, if I end up doing it myself. Though at over $250 for all that, I'm not sure I should...
you can also keep your stock ones and cut them.

I don't know how hard is to preassemble the fronts with the springs, but when I was younger I bought a suspension bilstein/h&r preassembled by previous owner, installed it myself on my e36 325i, keep in mind I'm more of an IT guy, so pretty easy job in my mind, but again to mount the springs on the fronts struts, you need a spring compressor and I have no idea how hard it's to do.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #26
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheen View Post
Thanks.

You will need shorter bumpstops or you will get the "crash/explosion" when the struts/shocks hit potholes or fully contract. For Eibach prokit they recommend that you cut the rear bumpstops (part of the installation directions). Otherwise use E36 M3 front bumptstops and/or Z4 rear bumpstops. Search some of the links. You will see that a lot of us already been down this path.
Appreciate 0