E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > OMG THe Horror, My Dealership, Seattle BMW... Totally,

06-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

OMG THe Horror, My Dealership, Seattle BMW... Totally,

Didn't let me down even a little (GASP)... Took my 335 in for it's annual service, and yeah, nothing went wrong. I know hard to believe that a Dealership did EVERYTHING RIGHT!

I feel somehow left out... I was expecting the usual E90Post Horror filled day of Nightmarish sales people and "shady" service guys... But alas, No Scratches, Only 2/10ths on the OD, ready and waiting for me just as promised, and just as I'd left it... What A Nightmare. OH they did however FAIL TO PUT MY SEAT BACK... I had to push my seat memory button MYSELF!

OK Seriously, with all the (little girl with a Skint knee), self important drama queens we have here I thought posting up about an absolutely PERFECT experience at Seattle BMW would be worthwhile.

I arrived 45 minutes late due to my failure to plan for wet roads and Monday Morning Rush hour. No worries though, I got right in to see my Service Adviser within about 45 seconds of my arrival. Check in took another 2-3 minutes at which point I asked for a lift Downtown to Pike Market so Gen and I could do some shopping and screw around for a few hours.

Had to wait about 5 minutes for the Shuttle to arrive. Clean van, driven well, and they got the door for Gen. Just what you'd expect really.

Pike Market was normal, busy but not crazy and we enjoyed some killer Crepes at Crepe De France, did some shopping, and walked around for awhile. When it was time to go I called the Shuttle drivers direct line and FOOMP like rubbing a Magic BMW Shuttle Lamp there's the ride back to the dealership, within about 5 minutes.

When we got back to the dealership I met briefly with the sales manager who was doing his best to get me into an M3 for a test drive, and we spent some time talking about the new cars, the M, the 1 series, and the new X6. After some pleasant chit chat I went to pick up my key and lo and behold my car was ready to go. I got my sheet detailing the work performed, Oil change, wipers, etc... and I was met by my SA on the way out. Car is running great!

2 Ipods, a kindle, a laptop, one Canon Digital SLR, and Gen's purse all exactly as they were left. NO Theft either??? Unheard of.

All in all it was a perfect service experience. Courteous, friendly and fast. Not a single hitch, glitch, waggled finger, scratch, or other "OMG" drama. Though I did get a couple "love the wheels" comments which I think may have been sincere...

So there are still operations out there that get it, that know how to do things right, and then do it. Just remember, much of what you get out of life depends on what you put in. You put out "I'm a Unique Delicate Flower" holier than thou attitude, you receive crappy attitude, service, experience in response. You see it and read about it all day here on the forums, "My "Stealership" Blah Blah Blah." Or "BMW Scratched my car, and I put my foot down". Yadda Yadda... Amazing what happens when you show up without a bunch of negative preconceptions, crappy attitude, and arrogance.

So yeah, a dealer experience that is exactly as it is supposed to be, and part of why I bought a BMW in the First place... Excellent!
      06-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Balls.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
carbo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6m

And they didn't even void your engine warranty for your aftermarket wheels?? I don't believe it.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
You left two iPods, a laptop and other stuff in your car and it wasn't stolen ??

Damn, either the people in Seattle are super honest, or you're just plain lucky.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

They failed to put your seat back? That's so typical of the horrible service BMW gives. You should take your car back to the stealership and demand that they put your seat back into its original position. You should then demand a refund from the service manager. Don't buy that "your service was free" line either, demand a refund anyhow. Be sure to be firm and put your foot down. Make sure you let them know who's boss. How dare they? Make them bend to your will. Break them down shotgun style if necessary. If that doesn't work call BMWNA and demand a refund from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
voltron1011
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300

Revlis, you poor bastard!!! I don't know how you got out of there alive...
Seriously, though.. I always get a kick watching these snobby people come into a dealership with their 7 series and act like they're the Queen of England..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
They failed to put your seat back? That's so typical of the horrible service BMW gives. You should take your car back to the stealership and demand that they put your seat back into its original position. You should then demand a refund from the service manager. Don't buy that "your service was free" line either, demand a refund anyhow. Be sure to be firm and put your foot down. Make sure you let them know who's boss. How dare they? Make them bend to your will. Break them down shotgun style if necessary. If that doesn't work call BMWNA and demand a refund from them.
Doood, Totally... I was thinking I should start a letter writing campaign, send it to the NHTSA, after all the car was "inoperable" when returned to me due to the seat being so far forward...
      06-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron1011 View Post
Revlis, you poor bastard!!! I don't know how you got out of there alive...
Seriously, though.. I always get a kick watching these snobby people come into a dealership with their 7 series and act like they're the Queen of England..
I make it a point to appear as UN-Queen like as possible. Seriously, I'm just a dude with a BMW 3-series. That's about as much special consideration as I feel I am due. Plain old "customer with a car."

While there I did get to watch another BMW owner stomp around the showroom importantly, obviously having a "Nightmarish Experience at the Stealership." I kind of almost felt bad for him, then I imagined him playing in traffic and that was more fun.
      06-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Doood, Totally... I was thinking I should start a letter writing campaign, send it to the NHTSA, after all the car was "inoperable" when returned to me due to the seat being so far forward...
Agreed, having the seat too far forward is definitely a safety issue. That is why I was so incredulous that the stealership would allow the car to be returned to you in such an obviously unsafe condition. Anyhow, after our last misunderstanding I thought you might appreciate the humor.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
      06-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #11
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I don't know....

They suck... you had to put your seal back Relvis! :-)

I have nothing but nice things to say about BMW Seattle. See Below link for my review

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91625
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 08:37 PM   #12
DSXMachina
If I don't get reincarnated I'm screwed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92, 6MT, TiAg, Walnut, Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
I'd lemon that car for freakin' sure. It'll never be the same once the seat is put back in the original position! Bugs the heck out of me how they think they can get away with playing around with our property. I can just imagine the grease monkey sitting there with the AC blasting making my seat go back and forth and...back...and...forth... and...god knows what the hell he's eating and whether he farted on my seat or what. That's why I never take my car to the stealership for anything. Not even "free" oil changes. I can't handle the anxiety. Lying, cheating sob's everybloodyone of them.

...I think I'm feeling better now.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
JW_BMW
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
I'd lemon that car for freakin' sure. It'll never be the same once the seat is put back in the original position! Bugs the heck out of me how they think they can get away with playing around with our property. I can just imagine the grease monkey sitting there with the AC blasting making my seat go back and forth and...back...and...forth... and...god knows what the hell he's eating and whether he farted on my seat or what. That's why I never take my car to the stealership for anything. Not even "free" oil changes. I can't handle the anxiety. Lying, cheating sob's everybloodyone of them.

...I think I'm feeling better now.
Time to go see Dr. Phil
Appreciate 0