E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > oil temp

02-08-2016, 06:22 PM   #23
EB89
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i e92 DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Coincidentally, we might be able to get our hands on an AD engineering thermostat in Aus here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...8#post19356548

That sounds pretty good

"They're USD$39 and unlike the other options out there, this one actually is a thermostat and not a bypass. Andy has advised me that this will open at around 90ºC instead of the stock thermostat which opens at around 110ºC. This allows it to start circulating through the oil cooler earlier to keep the engine cooler but at the same time will allow the engine to warm up properly first."

Doesn't hinder warm up to 90c, JB4 kicks in at 80c right, then starts to cool at 90c.

My oil temp stays at 120c always, but it wouldn't actually drop the 120c temp would it, just uses the oil coolers at 90c instead of 110c.
      02-08-2016, 11:16 PM   #24
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Flex68;19355875]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl View Post
Radiator that is found on the BMW 1M, 335is and cars that have the PPK2 upgrade:
https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-33...tor/ES2770373/

Good idea if you ever track your car or have a tuned car that runs hot, I'm seriously thinking of retrofitting this.

Theres some oil coolers on the market also, but there were a lot of complaints about fitment and having to modify and cut stuff to get it all fitted.

Theres also some aftermarket radiators but there's no data on them and I don't think they fit automatic cars.

I never seen that before .... So that kit isn't a plug and play straight forward install ?

I have a CSF radiator (for my DCT) waiting to be installed.. there hasn't been a tangible review where all data points have be logged and compared etc.. However the DCT guys that used to overheat at the tracked, after changing to the CSF, no longer overheat.. That's data enough for me!

I'd love to purchase this kit to use as a transmission cooler though!! That will be something that i look into more..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 03:15 PM   #25
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

[QUOTE=_ink;19357975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post

I have a CSF radiator (for my DCT) waiting to be installed.. there hasn't been a tangible review where all data points have be logged and compared etc.. However the DCT guys that used to overheat at the tracked, after changing to the CSF, no longer overheat.. That's data enough for me!

I'd love to purchase this kit to use as a transmission cooler though!! That will be something that i look into more..
Is it possible to retrofit the m3 tranny cooler onto the 335i?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 09:11 PM   #26
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=DR-JEKL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex68 View Post

Is it possible to retrofit the m3 tranny cooler onto the 335i?
The only thing I really need is the bracketry, as I'd use a larger Setrab core.
Appreciate 0