E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > So I called customer relations 2 days ago about my status

02-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
bimmer_OA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sedan

Question So I called customer relations 2 days ago about my status

and my vehicle is still waiting for transportation to the port of exit after just about 2 weeks....

My vehicle was made at the Rosslynn plant in South Africa and the port of exit is Durban I believe?

I thought my vehicle was going to Bremerhaven first, but customer relations informed me that my vehicle will be shipped directly to the east coast.

Anyone have any idea what shipping company/ship my vehicle may hope to use?

Anyone else had there vehicle shipped directly to the US from SA?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
LDitty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 35i

I didn't know they made them in SA, i ordered my 335i end of january and is awaiting its transport to NYC via Bremerhaven?what model did you order?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
bimmer_OA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sedan

It's a 328i, hope it's already at the port and the 800 number is just being slow...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
usc gal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan , prem, sports, nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_OA View Post
and my vehicle is still waiting for transportation to the port of exit after just about 2 weeks....

My vehicle was made at the Rosslynn plant in South Africa and the port of exit is Durban I believe?

I thought my vehicle was going to Bremerhaven first, but customer relations informed me that my vehicle will be shipped directly to the east coast.

That is what they told me too awhile ago yet it is headed for Bremerhaven. There is another ship ahead that way on the 20 of this month out of Durban. I will check the name for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
usc gal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan , prem, sports, nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_OA View Post

It is the Euphony Ace leaving Durban 2-20 and arriving 3-12 Bremerhaven.

I belive your car will come in thru Baltimore. I was told many times that my car goes direct from South Africa and yet it ended up on the Grand Orion MOL lines last thursday per my dealer and then put on another ship headed toward the West Coast. So a order that started Jan 4 finished Jan 16 at the port Jan 24 and left the port on the 7 of Feb and will reach Port Hueneme April 10 or so.
Appreciate 0