E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > For Victims of Ontario's Street Racing Law: Read This

07-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #23
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

i know a lot of people keep saying that if youre going 150km/h, you should be slapped with the racing law cos youre doing something dangeroud

but it is NOT appropriate or fair that the cop who catches you can immediately decide your fate on the spot. this law has the potential of a lot of abuse. if a cop caught a young punk kid whom he feels doesnt look right, he can decide to give him the maximum penalties right there and then and have his car towed and his licence suspended for a duration that he sees "fit" just because he doesnt like the kid's face. how is this fair !???

of course there are many more cases of injustice all over the world but i would like to think that ontario knows better than to put the fate of their own citizens in the hands of individual police officers. if this continues like that, i am moving to ontario and training to be a cop. cos at least by being a cop, my mates will cover my ass when i make stupid decisions. plus i get to bully innocent people and take full advantage of them for doing just a little bit of wrong.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #24
Me_Hi
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: *

than you'll become exactly what we hate. Power tripping corupted cops
Appreciate 0