E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Optimum Opti Seal

03-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Optimum Opti Seal

Hi Folks,

I won a 2008 328xi coupe in Crimson Red. The paint on the car is in fantastic condition and I have a couple of questions for our knowledgeable detailing experts.

My car is regularly hand washed and detailed by a professional detailer who does a super job. After compounding and polishing he finishes the car with Collinite Wax which in my opinion is an outstanding product.

Yesterday I was reading up and watching some You Tube videos about Optimum Opti Seal and I was really impressed with this product as well. I already will sometimes use Optimum ONR for a quick touch up, etc.. and I think that this product is also outstanding.

My questions are the following;

1) should I switch from using Collinite to the Optimum Opti Seal and what additional benefits will this provide if any?
2) if you think that Opti Seal would do a better job than Collonite and I decide to switch, would the Collinite need to be removed first, or could I simply apply the Opti Seal right on top of the Collonite? It was suggested in the stuff that I read about Opti Seal that it also does a great job on windshields and alloy wheels.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Ed
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep

Hi again,

Typo in first sentence. Meant to write I "own" instead of "won." Would be really nice to win a BMW. Yes?

Ed
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
fulcrum
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92,F22, F36, G01

I use it and its great but will be trying this soon.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars...1-5-silo-seal/

Both should be applied on clean paint so wash, clay, cleanse with R222 or something and then apply the seal and then personally I stick wax on top of that.

Here in the Uk this is also highly thought off

http://www.waxattack.co.uk/?wpsc-pro...ck-coming-soon

This can be piggy in the middle ie opti,wax,this, opti, wax.
Bit of an overkill
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you Fulcrum. I was not familiar with either of the products in your message but will certainly look into them and possibly give one or both of them a try. They both look like they produce fabulous results. Thanks again.

Ed
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
Ryballz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Opti seal is awesome, no experience with the other product you mentioned though.
Appreciate 0