E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > what pig ignorance have you experienced on the road

07-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

what pig ignorance have you experienced on the road

ill start with one. woman in a fiesta comes towards me on a single track road, drives straight past a passing place and stops in front of me, i reverse she drives on and stops and just sits there, behind is a y junction and she obviously wants to go where i am so i pull forward, does she say thank you? not likely she looks at me as if she just trodden in something nasty. i was brought up to be polite and i just dont understand why people like her are such arseholes. (maybe she doesnt like BMWs)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Those that simply believe that to let somebody in is somehow a failing

Today on the A14 a guy in a Micra was determined not to let me move from lane 1 to lane 2 even though we were doing all of 2mph because of an accident and even though I was being directed to move lanes by a police officer.

There was no way Mr Micra drive was going to let me in and was also ensuring he didn't make eye contact.

Even the police officer shook his head in disbelief
      07-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Tonight leaving Dundee at the last roundabout heading to Aberdeen, some woman straightlined it and nearly took my nose off.

I seen it coming as we entered the roundabout and did peep my horn as she squeezed my nose. Just missed after getting on the brakes.

She gave me a right dirty look as I overtook her as if I was at fault.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #4
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
That's what really grinds my gears! The people who pull out in front of you/cut you up etc at roundabouts or junctions and then look at you or even act agressively to indicate it is your fault.

It's like OK, the mistake has happened. Even if there not going to acknoweledge it, are they really that low of intellegence that they think as long as they have acted sufficiently that it is the other drivers fault it somehow makes it true?

I aslo can't fathom over agression in any case. It seriously makes me angry (but not agressive, oh the irony). I was in a friends car at traffic lights. To be fair we were in the wrong lane. We needed to go straight on rather than turn left, plenty of room and not dangerous to do so. So after indicating and trying to get attention to ask politley for the guy to let us go first it was apparent that he was getting super agressive that we had even considered it. He raced off leaving a big gap behind which we just cruised into, the car behind him actualy wanted to turn left, so let us in (only 3 cars on the road). So, there was no problem.

Untill we got to the next set of lights in single carridge way, behind said guy. He actually jumped out of his car and came running towards us arms flailing and screaming like a banshee. WTF!! We had to drive round him on the wrong side of the road to get away.

How did he possibly think that to go stark bollok mental makes him a bigger and better person when he had allready made his 'point' about our bad driving by wheelspinning off the line to about 40 on the highstreet. Imaging living with a person that can react so disproportionatly!

Now I understand that we were in the wrong lane, but to react like that is massively worse.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
The guy sounds like a real numpty but, with only three cars on the road, why did you even request that he let you go first?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I remember a few years back whilst towing a trailer with my van, a guy cut me up on the motorway slip road whilst joining the motorway. Caused me to brake suddenly and swerve and hit the kerb. I instinctively gave him the tosser sign out of the window. Unfortunately he didn't take that too well and for the next two junctions he was performing emergency stops on the motorway in front of me in an attempt to get me to pull over. I simply laughed at him.
      07-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I remember a few years back whilst towing a trailer with my van, a guy cut me up on the motorway slip road whilst joining the motorway. Caused me to brake suddenly and swerve and hit the kerb. I instinctively gave him the tosser sign out of the window. Unfortunately he didn't take that too well and for the next two junctions he was performing emergency stops on the motorway in front of me in an attempt to get me to pull over. I simply laughed at him.
Should've blown his back door in.
      07-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Maybe he thought you were offering a handjob? Thats why he was trying to pull you over.... You know.. before the offer expired.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #9
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
The guy sounds like a real numpty but, with only three cars on the road, why did you even request that he let you go first?
I wasn't driving so it wasn't my call. I was not involved apart from witnessing it from the passenger seat.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #10
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
LOL...

plus one on AP...you offered the handjob!...gota deliver Will!...

I normally keep beeping at those rude fcuks and keep my middle finger up....
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
I had that before mate near lakeside on M25. I was in my 318 at the time and the 230HP 900KG fiesta was at home, I was trying to accurate past him any which way but the 140ponies wasn't enough. I even slowed right down. But so did he

Fackin fat cant needed a bitch slap.
      07-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

just today similar narrow road due to cars parked pulled over to let oncoming traffic as it was their turn and left indicator as if I was to pull out a "£ in a hire van flys past me then dives into a narrow gap. The only funny thing was the taxi driver first in the quue stopped next to him as he started to make his way down leant out of the cab and gave him one hell of a mouth full. Funnily after that followed the van for abotu 10 miles and he drove like a dove.
      07-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
Swiller
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

I was yelled at today by many motorists. One plank behind me shouted.. "why are you reversing up the road at 55mph? This is the a48 ffs!"

Honestly , some people just don't have a sense of humour these days do they.

Appreciate 0