E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas Turbos

Closed Thread

04-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #67
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Take my oems for example. They were for all intents and purposes designed to push 8lbs of boost. I've been racing them on 19lbs, with no problems, all with proper maintenance. 10/06 build date, with 117K miles. As you can see, mine have been run at more than double the original boost without issues. You hear about oem failures more online, than in the real world. With proper maintenance, it's amazing what the stock units can do. We even saw the stock units loose by 2 car lengths to stage 2 turbos from both manufacturers at the last chicago runway event. That being said, there is no reason why vargas turbos can't take abuse for at least a year. Whether it's 18lbs or 25lbs, the amount of boost run is actually irrelevant. He's stating in the warranty that the units are voided once raced, no matter what boost level you were running. It just doesn't make sense.
That is a STANDARD warranty for all performance products, not just turbos go ahead and start looking up peoples warranties and see what you get, with that said, we stand behind out products 100% thats a fact. People are going to say I am rude here, but if you think a rebuild upgraded turbo would have used bearings in it, and you just stated 18-25 PSI is irrelevant to turbo longevity, it really shows you do not have a grasp on turbochargers at all, and want everyone to think you do. Its a combo of things that kills turbo and stock frames even more so. Its Shaft Speed, EGT, and Back pressure. What do you think you have to do to get 21 psi at 6000RPM instead of 18 psi, well you have to crank up the shaft speed by keeping the gate closed, this in turn bring up EGT, and back pressure. So yes boost is killing your turbos. About to start my weekend. You guys can have the thread back, I have said what I need to say.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #68
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Legally speaking, the only thing you can be held liable for is the claims made on your product, and it is:

"We take the OEM compressor housing, bearing housing, and turbine housing, carefully machining them to accept the TD04 15T compressor Wheel, and Custom TD04L turbine wheel with a full Garrett profile which utilizes the newest in turbocharger technology, no 15 year old wheel designs here. We then replace the factory waste gate arm and flapper valve with the 100% stainless steel version and include OEM actuators.

TD04 upgraded thrust: Every set of stage 2 turbos comes with a performance TD04 upgraded thrust to extend the life of the turbochargers"

No where in there is it stating that the actual bearings themselves are changed, essentially making the turbos used, by definition.
Well I guess I have to reply to this one too. Selective copy and pasting much? Hey, you forgot to copy and past the sentence before that one, you know that forms the paragraph.

"Stage 2 Hybrid upgrade: A complete hybrid from Compressor to Turbine using all new OEM spec internals."

If someone needs to explain to you what all new OEM spec internals means, well I guess that would explain that.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #69
AK 335i
Major
Rep
Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Well I guess I have to reply to this one too. Selective copy and pasting much? Hey, you forgot to copy and past the sentence before that one, you know that forms the paragraph.

"Stage 2 Hybrid upgrade: A complete hybrid from Compressor to Turbine using all new OEM spec internals."

If someone needs to explain to you what all new OEM spec internals means, well I guess that would explain that.
he thinks he lives in the midwest but lives in detroit.. go figure
      04-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #70
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 335i View Post
he thinks he lives in the midwest but lives in detroit.. go figure
And if you think I'm telling you where I live on a public forum, then you're unrealistic.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #71
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
That is a STANDARD warranty for all performance products, not just turbos go ahead and start looking up peoples warranties and see what you get, with that said, we stand behind out products 100% thats a fact. People are going to say I am rude here, but if you think a rebuild upgraded turbo would have used bearings in it, and you just stated 18-25 PSI is irrelevant to turbo longevity, it really shows you do not have a grasp on turbochargers at all, and want everyone to think you do. Its a combo of things that kills turbo and stock frames even more so. Its Shaft Speed, EGT, and Back pressure. What do you think you have to do to get 21 psi at 6000RPM instead of 18 psi, well you have to crank up the shaft speed by keeping the gate closed, this in turn bring up EGT, and back pressure. So yes boost is killing your turbos. About to start my weekend. You guys can have the thread back, I have said what I need to say.
Your warranty denial is not based on PSI tony, it's based on racing period. No where have you stated that voiding the 1 year limited warranty based on specific activity, has some sort of correlation to boost pressure, so if you don't mind getting back on topic....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #72
Riick
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Having owned multiple turbo cars for years... catch cans and PCV valves don't blow oil seals. Sorry.

You know what blows oil seals in a week? Shit quality chinese cartridges. Any decent turbo should be able to handle 30psi without any negative side effects for years.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #73
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

So to clarify, do Vargas stage 2 turbos come with new bearings or not? If so, what kind of bearings? What about RB's for comparison? I know I could do some research but figured I could slip one in here....

Last edited by nikitino25; 04-25-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:11 PM   #74
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitino25 View Post
So to clarify, do Vargas stage 2 turbos come with new bearings or not? If so, what kind of bearings? What about RB's for comparison? I know I could do some research but figured I could slip one in here....
BMW does not sell bearings separate. The only way to get them would be for upgraders to be upgrading brand new turbos. They don't. That's why they ask for your oem's or penalize you with a core charge.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #75
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BMW does not sell bearings separate. The only way to get them would be for upgraders to be upgrading brand new turbos. They don't. That's why they ask for your oem's or penalize you with a core charge.
I see.....I've never really heard of our turbos failing because of the bearings anyway.....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:40 PM   #76
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Word on the block is that almost all of the Vargas turbos that came up to Canada had problems. We are a tight knit group and word gets around. All the owners at the last meet were saying not to buy the turbos.

Even those who supported you on the forums tell us not to buy Vargas Hybrid products at local meets in person.

It seems like there is a major quality control problem.

Hopefully the stage 3 kits come out better since there won't be crappy turbos on them.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #77
blaster3500
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
You need to do a little more research. You can buy bearings from lots of places. They are MHI TD03s. They ask for the cores so they can rebuild/upgrade them. It is just like a core for any other rebuilt part
      04-25-2014, 11:35 PM   #78
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBmw View Post
Word on the block is that almost all of the Vargas turbos that came up to Canada had problems. We are a tight knit group and word gets around. All the owners at the last meet were saying not to buy the turbos.

Even those who supported you on the forums tell us not to buy Vargas Hybrid products at local meets in person.

It seems like there is a major quality control problem.

Hopefully the stage 3 kits come out better since there won't be crappy turbos on them.
When you say "all the Vargas turbos that came up to Canada" which ones are you talking about? Stage one, early stage 2, the latest stage 2? What kind of problems did people have, more details please....
edit: I guess "Hybrid products" means stage 2?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:02 AM   #79
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bme30
That's BS......both you and the shop have done a bad job of making things work! I would be just as pissed as the op! Please tell me why a turbo install job takes over a month??????
Yeah that's right 1 month in the shop for a Vargas turbo install!!!! Please don't try to only tell one part of this story and make the op look like he is totally at fault!
And another thing a catch can required for your turbos???? That is just plain ridiculous. Maybe it's to hide your oil leaking turbos!
Lol +1000
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #80
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
this is a total joke how do turbos fail in a week.......................................
I had vargas turbos that failed in 50 MILES........ Not even broken in yet
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #81
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Thumbs down Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmorgan77 View Post
Sorry about that, this thread is pulling me farther away from Vargas turbos and pointing me in another direction. Hope you got a refund on them at least?
Mods:-Berkexhaust -alpinaB3flash -CobbAP -Cobb FMIC -ER charge pipe tialQ bov -M3 front sway bar -M3 subframe bushings -M3 front upper and lower control arms -M3 guide rods -M3 rear upper control arms -Mfactory LSD -defiv lockdown kit -TC Kline SA coilovers /camber plates- HP rear toe arms
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #82
shmorgan77
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmorgan77 View Post
Sorry about that, this thread is pulling me farther away from Vargas turbos and pointing me in another direction. Hope you got a refund on them at least?
Yes, not trying to bash, got a refund (shop said it was missing 200 bucks and he didn't cover the shipping) don't know if that's true but got rb's and they are flawless. I recommend them for sure. If you want a product that will last, RBS ftw
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #83
V8bait
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt

Lol, oh e90, the feels and opinions you children have... I'd say it's like highschoool, but it's sometimes more like preschool.

There's about three posters in this thread I respect. And they're mostly trolling here ironically
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #84
AK 335i
Major
Rep
Drives: black 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait View Post
Lol, oh e90, the feels and opinions you children have... I'd say it's like highschoool, but it's sometimes more like preschool.

There's about three posters in this thread I respect. And they're mostly trolling here ironically
Lulz
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #85
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait

Respect on a forum. Heh

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #86
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I know for a fact that almost all VTT Stage 2 Turbos from a groupbuy in Germany/Switzerland leaked oil.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #87
Bitco23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i Msport

Tony still hasn't answered why my turbos blew up in 300 miles, my PCV system was working fine. my car was NOT smoking on stock turbos. I'm waiting for an answer? and a catch can will only mask the issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #88
Bitco23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i Msport

Also please advise what is not truthful about my story and these "hidden" facts that i never brought up?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread