E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede Boost vs. RPM Curves

03-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #89
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep
Drives: '06 Mazdaspeed6

Can the PROcede do this?

That fellas is complete control of the wastegates...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #90
Weefer335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadasracecar View Post
Can the PROcede do this?
You post and post and post for CPE but you dont work there, right?

Last time someone did this for a non-paying vendor I think they got banned. Just a thought....
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #91
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep

not a vendor. If we start parts sales, I'll take the appropriate action of becoming a sponsor here. Right now I'm just giving information about a product that is available and applicable to the n54 community.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #92
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Can the PROcede do this?
Yes it can. Why do you think it wouldn't be able to? I'm still not sure at what your huffing and puffing about.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #93
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yes it can. Why do you think it wouldn't be able to? I'm still not sure at what your huffing and puffing about.

It's money, money, money. P3Performance gets the install work referrals from CPE. I really don't understand why the mods are letting this slide. It would be one thing if someone was posting valuable community information that did not stand to gain from potential install work, but someone should really be paying vendor fees if the do stand to gain revenue from pushing a product that they have a direct or indirect relationship with.

P3Performance is local to me, and these posts have really turned me off to CPE products which I was initially interested in. Just does not seem to be fair to the rest of the vendor community that chooses to play by the rules.

CP-E:
"Although we don’t do installations at our facility, we work closely with P3 Performance which does do installations. They are located just behind our facility in fact. If you’d like to schedule an appointment, please feel free to call..."
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #94
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Because of the boost curve shown in the original post.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #95
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Can the PROcede do this?
Maybe you should just challenge Shiv to a game of HORSE.
      03-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #96
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep

^^
lol, I suck..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #97
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Quote:
The actual RPM point at which more boost is added (as you go up in stages) is 5000rpm. But since the PROcede interpolate between poings, you will see boost target start to deviate by 4500rpm. Stg0 should provide 12-13psi of boost. Stg 1 13-14psi. Maybe +/- 0.5PSI with temp extremes.
What about stage 2 and 3 ??

It would be nice if you could complete this very nice post indicate us the appropriate boost levels for the rest maps as well.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #98
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Guys this thread started nicely and was really informative...but i think we've been lost somewhere on the way. I dont think that our point should be if the Procede could generates boost graphs like Zenga-towers. It obvious that Procede could have proper control of wastegates (as it does with other engines vital parameters).

I'd really like to see this discussion to revert back to a more informative manner that suits better to the philosophy of this forum

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #99
usc335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz View Post
Guys this thread started nicely and was really informative...but i think we've been lost somewhere on the way. I dont think that our point should be if the Procede could generates boost graphs like Zenga-towers. It obvious that Procede could have proper control of wastegates (as it does with other engines vital parameters).

I'd really like to see this discussion to revert back to a more informative manner that suits better to the philosophy of this forum
+1. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #100
usc335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 E92 335

More Graphs

Okay, call me a data analysis junky, but here is some additional information that should help understand the stock and PROcede boost curves (I've also added this to my first post).

(8) Here is Boost vs. RPM for Valet Mode (Stock) and Stage 0 Overlayed on a Dual Axis [to better illustrate the differences/similarities in the boost curves]:

(9) Here is Boost vs. RPM Boost Increase for Stage 0 Over Stock [with a Trendline]:

(10) Stage 0 vs. Stock Boost Curve Analysis: The stock boost curve is obviously not flat (constant) and tailored to conditions just like the procede. The boost increase over stock graph (item 9) clearly shows the procede is very deliberate in the boost increase curve as illustrated by the trendline.

I'm done.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #101
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kc0wb0y View Post
So if you have a boost spike for 16psi on the stock fuel maps don't you stand the chance of running lean (apparently for 200rpm)? Seems to me this is a error in the stock tune; no?....How about some graphs of the TPS during the spike to confirm your thoughts that the throttle is still closed.?...From what I read I think you're saying it's still closed? No
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=87

Helps to read the thread!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #102
eyemdbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e93 335i space/coral/pop

Quote:
Probably to you anyone unwilling to drink the koolaid.
Wy should we trust you?

Shiv has proven to be knowledgeable and has a positive track record.

I understand you want to make a living but you are not winning anybody over here. Doesn't look like you made friends in Terry's camp either.

You say boost spikes are bad. Shiv says they are not. I trust Shiv.

I will happily drink the Koolaid if the alternative is a mystery drink no doubt spiked with Roofies.