E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I got banned from BMW Authohaus Thornhill for trying to book an appointment.

06-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #23
summall
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog x6 View Post
Go to BMW Toronto or Endras
+1. I bought my car from Endras and am quite happy with their service. A friend of mine bought the same car as me around the same time from another dealership end up spending more time waiting for the car and having multiple issues when the car arrived.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #24
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Here is the Auto Group that owns/operates all these dealers across Canada.

The owner is a Chinese lady and I believe she lives in Vancouver. Downtown Fine Cars - Porsche is also in the group.

http://www.awin.ca/en/newcars/index.spy

Last edited by bobblehead; 06-20-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #25
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Go to BMW Toronto or Endras.
I have plenty of terrible things to say about Endras. SAs are nice, but quality of service not so much.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #26
shonuff
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whip_lash View Post
Why dont you report this to the toronto star or sun?
+1

Try a thread over at redflagdeals.com . Maybe they will post youtube videos of GoPro drive by's of the owners house (but seriously, try RFD, far better public exposure)
      06-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #27
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
I have plenty of terrible things to say about Endras. SAs are nice, but quality of service not so much.
thats fine - everyone's experience will vary. However, the point here is that almost EVERYONE has had a bad experience dealing with Autohaus. On a relative basis, it is a poor dealership and the evidence in this thread confirms that.

here is some other feedback for BMW Autohaus in Thornhill:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=autohaus

Last edited by bulldog_yyc; 06-20-2012 at 07:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #28
MrPig
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 STI, '90 325iS

Garage List
1990 BMW 325is  [10.00]
Autohaus is a shithole. I really wish I did a little more research before getting my car. It would've saved me 10 weeks of not knowing wtf is going on with my order. In fact, my experience was eerily similar to the last thread linked by bulldog. I vowed to never go there again.

BMW Toronto is way too far for me to get to for service, any potential warranty work or future purchases/leases. How is T&C BMW? It's very highly rated on Yelp.ca and about the same distance from me as Autohaus.
      06-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #29
Evolution_GT
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08A22E93N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macro View Post
I have a serious issue on my 335XI with the locks and gas door--they don't open at all. The only door that I can open is the driver door with a key. That is also the only door people can enter and escape from at any time even in an emergency. I'm not 100% what the problem is that's why I wanted to take it to BMW to check it out and also service was due. BMW Autohaus is close to me and the rest are far.

Appointments were booked for a month or so and they said they'll call me back when one is free. After two weeks, I called again and said that I'd just book a date but they insisted that they will call back. A week passed by and asked them again about it and they said they'll call back again. I was being patient, there was never an argument, never asked for priority nor did the girl ever get mad. After, the service manager wanted to talk to me regarding it. A few days ago I talked to him and he said my account is flagged and am banned from BMW Autohaus and cannot go there anymore. He wouldn't tell me why, so I had to call corporate who called Autohaus who explained to corporate that I kept "annoying" them for appointments. I don't know if the service receptionist thought I was being rude, or was a having a bad day because as far I know I called once or twice a week within a month and a half at most. I said I would apologize to her but he said there is nothing that can be done.

Last time I went there for service one of their employees hit my car in their parking lot and totalled my door. However they did pay for everything, lent me an X6, and the service consultant was very nice to me (who still is) and assured me that there would be nothing written about it. Never had a complaint and never discredited their service department despite smashing my entire door and all the negative reviews online.

I'm planning to report this to the BBB and just visiting a local car shop if they can fix the issue. But until then the horror stories of BMW Autohaus are true and I guess they don't want my business either. Being banned trying to get an appointment... seems like a first.
Sucks to hear about your experience... however I don't understand your logic here... if you had to wait a week to fix such a huge issue... why didn't you just make an appointment elsewhere right away? Why would you put up with the bullsh*t from them? I certainly wouldn't have the patients.
      06-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
thats fine - everyone's experience will vary. However, the point here is that almost EVERYONE has had a bad experience dealing with Autohaus. On a relative basis, it is a poor dealership and the evidence in this thread confirms that.

here is some other feedback for BMW Autohaus in Thornhill:
Not disagreeing. I still use Endras when I have to dealer because they are relatively close. There is a large disconnect between the techs and SAs though so it makes getting specified work done fairly difficult. I guess this applies to all dealers though.

Of all positive comments, seems like Toronto is one of the better locations. I'll try them on my next visit.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #31
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_GT View Post
Sucks to hear about your experience... however I don't understand your logic here... if you had to wait a week to fix such a huge issue... why didn't you just make an appointment elsewhere right away? Why would you put up with the bullsh*t from them? I certainly wouldn't have the patients.
Ahhhh yes I was wondering the same thing too...

I would drive the extra 20 mins to go somewhere for a better service. When
I had my Acura when I'm in Toronto I lived Yonge and Finch and Acura North was about 5 min drive but since that dealer sucks I drove to Brampton to get my services done and its worth my time.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #32
homieG
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F

contact me via PM if you want this issue taken care of by people who actually care about customer service. That's if you are willing to drive to Newmarket, I am not sure where you live.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
Not disagreeing. I still use Endras when I have to dealer because they are relatively close. There is a large disconnect between the techs and SAs though so it makes getting specified work done fairly difficult. I guess this applies to all dealers though.

Of all positive comments, seems like Toronto is one of the better locations. I'll try them on my next visit.
agreed
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #34
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
Some of the stuff you guys are mentioning is purely comical and should be coming out of a seinfield episode.
I concur.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #35
Macro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

Quote:
They were really close and I'm sure appointments cancel all the time. Anyways thanks for everything in this thread so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
Ibi
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1. LOL never heard of anyone getting banned from a dealership, this is jokes.

2. F em, bring your business elsewhere!! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #37
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I just got banned shopping there too a few weeks ago. The new car sales mgr, Alex S. emailed me that I am not welcomed to his dealership because I cross shopped with other dealers and making them compete with each other so one can earn my business.

In addition, he also emailed to other new car sales managers (BMW dealers in the GTA) to warn not to do business with me. Apparently, his tactics does not work as I spoke to one of the GTA dealer sales manager last week and he just had a laugh at that dealership's childish behaviour.
And YOUR behavior?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #38
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
I agree. He must have done/said something. Instead of bad mouthing etc , just go somewhere else or you'll end up like Ellaine and her Doctors on Seinfeld.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #39
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

well, long story short ... I did not get personal right from the start, I simply asked for their figures and in turn, he asked me for the best # obtained at other BMW dealers. At the end, I simply said to him if your dealership cannot and/or will not compete with others, then it's fine as I understand every dealership has their own operating parameters to work with.

Then a few days later, he asked me for the latest update as to who else I had visited to & spoken to for the car prices, I replied back and later on the same day, he fired back an email suggesting I was totally disrepecting his dealership due to way I shopped around and copied to other BMW dealers.

For my part, no nasty & disrepectful emails were ever sent to Autohaus. Therefore, I called my behaviour totally calmed & well mannered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BBS View Post
And YOUR behavior?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #40
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I just got banned shopping there too a few weeks ago. The new car sales mgr, Alex S. emailed me that I am not welcomed to his dealership because I cross shopped with other dealers and making them compete with each other so one can earn my business.

In addition, he also emailed to other new car sales managers (BMW dealers in the GTA) to warn not to do business with me. Apparently, his tactics does not work as I spoke to one of the GTA dealer sales manager last week and he just had a laugh at that dealership's childish behaviour.
wow what a fucking kid. should get bitchslaped for that.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #41
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

I'm not going into my story but its worse than all of yours.

I do not hate anything and I appreciate good business. I reward honesty and good service with more business either from myself or my network.

I HATE autohaus for what those scammers did. I've never seen an organization or even a group of people that are so incompetent and slimeballish. I have actually made effort towards raising awareness around their poor excuse for a business establishment and warn people to stay away.

Terrible. Dispicable.
      06-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #42
3coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe 07

BTW BMW Toronto is the best. Always treated me with respect and courtesy. Desmond Sie is the MAN!

Literally above and beyond every single time I went there. The foreman Costa would give me time and explain things to me and always always test drove my car when i felt it wasn't driving right.

Good team at BMW Toronto.
      06-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #43
Macro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe View Post
I'm not going into my story but its worse than all of yours.

I do not hate anything and I appreciate good business. I reward honesty and good service with more business either from myself or my network.

I HATE autohaus for what those scammers did. I've never seen an organization or even a group of people that are so incompetent and slimeballish. I have actually made effort towards raising awareness around their poor excuse for a business establishment and warn people to stay away.

Terrible. Dispicable.
I want to hear the story.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #44
jefinition
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3coupe
BTW BMW Toronto is the best. Always treated me with respect and courtesy. Desmond Sie is the MAN!

Literally above and beyond every single time I went there. The foreman Costa would give me time and explain things to me and always always test drove my car when i felt it wasn't driving right.

Good team at BMW Toronto.
+ 1. Desmond and the whole team at BMW Toronto are great.
Appreciate 0